Best Loo-ser competition

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Richard Ingham
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5116
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Best Loo-ser competition

Post by Richard Ingham » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:17 pm

I've just emailed him to alert him of the problem too. Hopefully they will sort it out.

User avatar
Stephen Leonard
BarrowAFC.net Moderator
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Best Loo-ser competition

Post by Stephen Leonard » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:21 pm

Squiffy wrote:Dont know if it helps but below is a copy of an email I sent to the email address given on the Best Loosers site and the reply I received.

To: Nick Rowe
Subject: Best Loosers Comp

Hi there

Don`t know if I`ve got the right people or not but I wonder if you could help please.
With regard to the Best Loosers com,p many people I know have voted for their chosen team but have not received an email to confirm their vote. Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks.

REPLY

Yes the right people. Sorry about my delayed reply I was out of the office all day yesterday and first thing this morning.

The vote is well underway so I am not sure why they aren’t getting the e-mail, yours in the only email I’ve had saying there is a problem.

I will check with our technical people and get back to you. I suppose the e-mail might have gone in to their junk mail?

Best wishes, Nick
Perhaps everyone who has tried to vote but not had the email should send the guy and email pointing it out. I assume that their system should recognise which email addresses have voted and which not and therefore can check and sort it out.
Some people really do need to think a bit more before they post things on here

Craigthered
Member
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Best Loo-ser competition

Post by Craigthered » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:24 pm

Anyone contact the evening mail to get them to do a campaign?

Richard Ingham
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5116
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Best Loo-ser competition

Post by Richard Ingham » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:36 pm


Richard Ingham
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5116
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Best Loo-ser competition

Post by Richard Ingham » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Stephen Leonard wrote:
Squiffy wrote:Dont know if it helps but below is a copy of an email I sent to the email address given on the Best Loosers site and the reply I received.

To: Nick Rowe
Subject: Best Loosers Comp

Hi there

Don`t know if I`ve got the right people or not but I wonder if you could help please.
With regard to the Best Loosers com,p many people I know have voted for their chosen team but have not received an email to confirm their vote. Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks.

REPLY

Yes the right people. Sorry about my delayed reply I was out of the office all day yesterday and first thing this morning.

The vote is well underway so I am not sure why they aren’t getting the e-mail, yours in the only email I’ve had saying there is a problem.

I will check with our technical people and get back to you. I suppose the e-mail might have gone in to their junk mail?

Best wishes, Nick
Perhaps everyone who has tried to vote but not had the email should send the guy and email pointing it out. I assume that their system should recognise which email addresses have voted and which not and therefore can check and sort it out.
Bob on Steve, nrowe@waxpr-marketing.com is the address you need folks.

The reply I got back was:

Richard, Due to the high volume of votes the system did crash briefly during the night. None of those votes will be lost and everyone will get their confirmation e-mails within the next 24 hrs. Apologies for the problem but I would stress none of the votes will be lost. It’s great to see such a great vote for your club. Best wishes, Nick

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Best Loo-ser competition

Post by Holkerbird » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:58 pm

Arithonfleet wrote:Greetings from Ebbsfleet.

The same is happening to us. Votes made recorded as Barrow votes and confirmations not being received.

We will probably scrap it out for a month then their whole site will go down. lol.
It all sounds dodgy to me. Perhaps we can just agree to split the dosh 50/50 and that way both clubs win. That way you can use our toilets and we can use yours and we all benefit Arithonfleet. :lol:
Have they stated when this competition ends yet?

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8192
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: Best Loo-ser competition

Post by Ste Story » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Just gone over 1000, good effort guys!

To be honest 100k is quite alot anyway, why not just give 50k to us and ebbsfleet and leave plymouth to there insurance adverts and farms.
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

User avatar
Arithonfleet
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:57 am
Location: Leics
Contact:

Re: Best Loo-ser competition

Post by Arithonfleet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:09 pm

It would make sense to share the dosh yes. At this rate, one of us is going to continue to have holes in the ground and the other is going to have marbled Jaccuzzi's :lol:

User avatar
gary
Senior Member
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:29 am
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Best Loo-ser competition

Post by gary » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:22 pm

Ebbsfleet in front now. Just by one though,

User avatar
Arithonfleet
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:57 am
Location: Leics
Contact:

Re: Best Loo-ser competition

Post by Arithonfleet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:24 pm

Blow the whistle ref! :lol:

Richard Ingham
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5116
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Best Loo-ser competition

Post by Richard Ingham » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:35 pm

It isnt cash that is up for grabs people, it is equipment and labour UP TO the value of £100,000.

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Best Loo-ser competition

Post by boyliegladbach » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:06 pm

loo-sing now, i think the whole votings cistern is bad.

gazzawil
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Best Loo-ser competition

Post by gazzawil » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:04 pm

ebbsfleet over 100 in front

BERSATUBOY
Bronze Member
Posts: 823
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Best Loo-ser competition

Post by BERSATUBOY » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:48 pm

come on where are only 90 behind ebbsfleet

BAFC_SAM
Senior Member
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Best Loo-ser competition

Post by BAFC_SAM » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:05 pm

Come on where is the 8,000 people that turned up to Middlesbrough? Use need to turn up again! VOTE!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Stand By Me and 19 guests