Jackson

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Post Reply
User avatar
prague bluebird
Gold Member
Posts: 2081
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:20 pm
Location: Prague. Czech Republic
Contact:

Jackson

Post by prague bluebird » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Joe Jackson has today (Friday) been recalled by parent club Burnley and will not feature for Barrow against Cambridge United. The Bluebirds have brought back midfielder Andy Ferrell from his loan spell at Blyth Spartans in time for tomorrow's game.
Prague Bluebird

User avatar
Cokey
Platinum Member
Posts: 3346
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:49 pm
Location: 7 minutes from greatness
Contact:

Re: Jackson

Post by Cokey » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:57 pm

I wonder if Boyes has recovered from his ankle injury yet?

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Jackson

Post by spirit of 1990 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Good news for Joe & I'm pleased for him but selfishly, really bad news for us.

Wonder whether thats just for Saturday or the remaining games of the season.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

ant
Gold Member
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: Popular side
Contact:

Re: Jackson

Post by ant » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Dont be daft. how can he have? was a balloon ankle on Monday.Baker up front.4/5/1(becoming 4/3/3/)No problem.
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 16 3/4 :skill:

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7261
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Jackson

Post by Jim » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:40 pm

That's really unfortunate. I expect the lad will just be sitting on the bench but if he is looking for another contract there it's probably a good sign. As Ant says, I can't imagine Boyes will be fit. I'd give Nicko a go - for his height if nothing else. I seem to recall that he can show some neat footwork - he could be another Crouch ;)

ant
Gold Member
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: Popular side
Contact:

Re: Jackson

Post by ant » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:40 pm

PS. Apologies to young Joe. Meant to add thanks for his goals and all action style.many thanks young sir hope we see you here at Holker Street again one day if you dont achieve your other personal targets.You already achieved one by playing for your home town.Well done lad.
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 16 3/4 :skill:

ant
Gold Member
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: Popular side
Contact:

Re: Jackson

Post by ant » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Think we,l need Nico at the back Jim?
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 16 3/4 :skill:

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7261
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Jackson

Post by Jim » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:31 pm

ant wrote:Think we,l need Nico at the back Jim?
Yes, you are right. I had overlooked the absence of Bolland. However, could try Moyo there?

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Jackson

Post by Wintergreen » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Boyes out.
Cook out.
Bolland out.
Tombola off.
Jackson off.

Tell me

What have I
What have I
What have I done to deserve this?

Well done JJ - oustanding contribution to Barrow AFC.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

Online
Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5367
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Jackson

Post by Matty » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Wintergreen wrote:Boyes out.
Cook out.
Bolland out.
Tombola off.
Jackson off.

Tell me

What have I
What have I
What have I done to deserve this?

Well done JJ - oustanding contribution to Barrow AFC.
I was expecting a "so farewell then..."
Popular side since '03.

Online
Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5367
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Jackson

Post by Matty » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Done very well from the start and off the bench. He'll be good enough for a higher level than this in a few years time. Hopefully he's rewarded with a contract at Burnley.
Popular side since '03.

Angela
Gold Member
Posts: 1886
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: West Sussex
Contact:

Re: Jackson

Post by Angela » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 pm

gutted when I saw this but thanks Joe Jackson and all the best for the future - he'll never forget scoring for his home town

gazzawil
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Jackson

Post by gazzawil » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:52 am

have been told that joe was watched on monday by burnley and because they have injuries upfront got recalled also told he is the only one out of all the burnley whippersnappers not told that they are keeping him for next season all the rest not signed

Craigthered
Member
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Jackson

Post by Craigthered » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:55 pm

All the best Joe

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alhosk, Fazered and 28 guests