GUISELEY

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
bobbie moore
Bronze Member
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: GUISELEY

Post by bobbie moore » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:01 am

Cant be any worse than when we played Wukkie hopefull it does stay dry today and tonight :scarf:

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11317
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: GUISELEY

Post by McMark » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:03 am

Game will be on because it has to be!! 2-1 to the good guys with plenty of aquaplaning. ;) :scarf: :scarf:

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4100
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: GUISELEY

Post by Bingo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:08 am

A bit of light drizzle and the merchants of weather doom and gloom are out in force

As Russell Dodd pointed out on radio Cumbria during the Brackley game we haven't had a game called off at Holker street because of rain for six years

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: GUISELEY

Post by Wintergreen » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:52 am

I like Russ Dodd’s commentary contributions and I know his statements can be somewhat contrived but take a butcher’s at this from 2010 i.e. four years ago. http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerileypro/4284061269/

My hunch is that Russ might be trying to qualify ‘rain’ and ‘flooding’ as two different things. I don’t think he posts on here so it’s over to user-friendly Uncle Peter to explain his fellow Director’s misleading statement away...(not for the first time)
;)
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

User avatar
DaveC
Platinum Member
Posts: 2929
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 9:04 am
Contact:

Re: GUISELEY

Post by DaveC » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:11 am

Could it be simply that he made a mistake?

The guy is only human, why look for things that may not be there?
Dave C

Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4100
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: GUISELEY

Post by Bingo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:18 am

Over the last 25 years how many games have been called off due to a waterlogged pitch - I don't know the answer but I'd say it's a no more than 10

Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Newbarns lodge
Contact:

Re: GUISELEY

Post by Barrowabc » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:41 am

I think we could pinch all 3 points
But be happy with a draw come on
The bluebirds :D
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

User avatar
barrowfan_chris
Platinum Member
Posts: 3508
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
Contact:

Re: GUISELEY

Post by barrowfan_chris » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:03 am

What a pessimistic bunch you lot are the game will be on.

User avatar
jimcook
Veteran Member
Posts: 685
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:06 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: GUISELEY

Post by jimcook » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:14 am

Wintergreen wrote:I like Russ Dodd’s commentary contributions and I know his statements can be somewhat contrived but take a butcher’s at this from 2010 i.e. four years ago. http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerileypro/4284061269/

My hunch is that Russ might be trying to qualify ‘rain’ and ‘flooding’ as two different things. I don’t think he posts on here so it’s over to user-friendly Uncle Peter to explain his fellow Director’s misleading statement away...(not for the first time)
;)
That pictures from the 15th Jan 2010. If I remember rightly, most of the country was covered in snow at that time. I imagine that is all melted snow, not rain. Just my guess though.

I'm sure tonight's game will be on, should be a good with both teams recent form!
@funkwerkz

User avatar
Bennyfromormsgill
Bronze Member
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:36 am
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: GUISELEY

Post by Bennyfromormsgill » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:22 am

If game is on tonight adam boyes is playing for them now after signing recently
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

User avatar
Van Der Nipper
Platinum Member
Posts: 2886
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: GUISELEY

Post by Van Der Nipper » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:28 am

jimcook wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:I like Russ Dodd’s commentary contributions and I know his statements can be somewhat contrived but take a butcher’s at this from 2010 i.e. four years ago. http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerileypro/4284061269/

My hunch is that Russ might be trying to qualify ‘rain’ and ‘flooding’ as two different things. I don’t think he posts on here so it’s over to user-friendly Uncle Peter to explain his fellow Director’s misleading statement away...(not for the first time)
;)
That pictures from the 15th Jan 2010. If I remember rightly, most of the country was covered in snow at that time. I imagine that is all melted snow, not rain. Just my guess though.

I'm sure tonight's game will be on, should be a good with both teams recent form!
Jim is correct it was melted snow that weekend and we were due to play Histon.
ISC in the community liason officer-since 7th April 2009

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: GUISELEY

Post by Wintergreen » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:23 pm

DaveC wrote:Could it be simply that he made a mistake?

The guy is only human, why look for things that may not be there?
It's a bit of fun Dave - I tried to convey that with the winker.

Moving on....it's precipitation i.e. rain that has frozen en route and then returned to its natural state.

This is more fun by the way should anyone be in any doubt... :D :D :D

PS

An entertaining 0-0
Att: 741
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

Richard Ingham
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5115
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: GUISELEY

Post by Richard Ingham » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:32 pm

Van Der Nipper wrote:
jimcook wrote: That pictures from the 15th Jan 2010. If I remember rightly, most of the country was covered in snow at that time. I imagine that is all melted snow, not rain. Just my guess though.

I'm sure tonight's game will be on, should be a good with both teams recent form!
Jim is correct it was melted snow that weekend and we were due to play Histon.
IIRC melted snow on a ground that was still frozen underneath hence the melted snow had nowhere to soak away to.

User avatar
DaveC
Platinum Member
Posts: 2929
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 9:04 am
Contact:

Re: GUISELEY

Post by DaveC » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Wintergreen wrote:
DaveC wrote:Could it be simply that he made a mistake?

The guy is only human, why look for things that may not be there?
It's a bit of fun Dave - I tried to convey that with the winker.

Moving on....it's precipitation i.e. rain that has frozen en route and then returned to its natural state.

This is more fun by the way should anyone be in any doubt... :D :D :D

PS

An entertaining 0-0
Att: 741
Always hard to tell with yourself Wintergreen, with you being a seasoned wind up merchant with your loaded questions and reliance on the smiley get out clause.
Dave C

Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!

User avatar
barrowfan1999
Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:46 pm
Contact:

Re: GUISELEY

Post by barrowfan1999 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:11 pm

Looking forward to tonight's game! Hopefully will be a cracker (if it's on)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests