GUISELEY
- bobbie moore
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 848
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: GUISELEY
Cant be any worse than when we played Wukkie hopefull it does stay dry today and tonight 
Re: GUISELEY
Game will be on because it has to be!! 2-1 to the good guys with plenty of aquaplaning.

-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4100
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: GUISELEY
A bit of light drizzle and the merchants of weather doom and gloom are out in force
As Russell Dodd pointed out on radio Cumbria during the Brackley game we haven't had a game called off at Holker street because of rain for six years
As Russell Dodd pointed out on radio Cumbria during the Brackley game we haven't had a game called off at Holker street because of rain for six years
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: GUISELEY
I like Russ Dodd’s commentary contributions and I know his statements can be somewhat contrived but take a butcher’s at this from 2010 i.e. four years ago. http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerileypro/4284061269/
My hunch is that Russ might be trying to qualify ‘rain’ and ‘flooding’ as two different things. I don’t think he posts on here so it’s over to user-friendly Uncle Peter to explain his fellow Director’s misleading statement away...(not for the first time)

My hunch is that Russ might be trying to qualify ‘rain’ and ‘flooding’ as two different things. I don’t think he posts on here so it’s over to user-friendly Uncle Peter to explain his fellow Director’s misleading statement away...(not for the first time)
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
Re: GUISELEY
Could it be simply that he made a mistake?
The guy is only human, why look for things that may not be there?
The guy is only human, why look for things that may not be there?
Dave C
Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!
Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4100
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: GUISELEY
Over the last 25 years how many games have been called off due to a waterlogged pitch - I don't know the answer but I'd say it's a no more than 10
-
Barrowabc
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2203
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
- Location: Newbarns lodge
- Contact:
Re: GUISELEY
I think we could pinch all 3 points
But be happy with a draw come on
The bluebirds
But be happy with a draw come on
The bluebirds
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash
- barrowfan_chris
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3508
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
- Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
- Contact:
Re: GUISELEY
What a pessimistic bunch you lot are the game will be on.
Re: GUISELEY
That pictures from the 15th Jan 2010. If I remember rightly, most of the country was covered in snow at that time. I imagine that is all melted snow, not rain. Just my guess though.Wintergreen wrote:I like Russ Dodd’s commentary contributions and I know his statements can be somewhat contrived but take a butcher’s at this from 2010 i.e. four years ago. http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerileypro/4284061269/
My hunch is that Russ might be trying to qualify ‘rain’ and ‘flooding’ as two different things. I don’t think he posts on here so it’s over to user-friendly Uncle Peter to explain his fellow Director’s misleading statement away...(not for the first time)
I'm sure tonight's game will be on, should be a good with both teams recent form!
@funkwerkz
- Bennyfromormsgill
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 909
- Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:36 am
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: GUISELEY
If game is on tonight adam boyes is playing for them now after signing recently
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
- Van Der Nipper
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2886
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: GUISELEY
Jim is correct it was melted snow that weekend and we were due to play Histon.jimcook wrote:That pictures from the 15th Jan 2010. If I remember rightly, most of the country was covered in snow at that time. I imagine that is all melted snow, not rain. Just my guess though.Wintergreen wrote:I like Russ Dodd’s commentary contributions and I know his statements can be somewhat contrived but take a butcher’s at this from 2010 i.e. four years ago. http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerileypro/4284061269/
My hunch is that Russ might be trying to qualify ‘rain’ and ‘flooding’ as two different things. I don’t think he posts on here so it’s over to user-friendly Uncle Peter to explain his fellow Director’s misleading statement away...(not for the first time)
I'm sure tonight's game will be on, should be a good with both teams recent form!
ISC in the community liason officer-since 7th April 2009
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: GUISELEY
It's a bit of fun Dave - I tried to convey that with the winker.DaveC wrote:Could it be simply that he made a mistake?
The guy is only human, why look for things that may not be there?
Moving on....it's precipitation i.e. rain that has frozen en route and then returned to its natural state.
This is more fun by the way should anyone be in any doubt...
PS
An entertaining 0-0
Att: 741
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
-
Richard Ingham
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5115
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
- Location: Chorley
- Contact:
Re: GUISELEY
IIRC melted snow on a ground that was still frozen underneath hence the melted snow had nowhere to soak away to.Van Der Nipper wrote:Jim is correct it was melted snow that weekend and we were due to play Histon.jimcook wrote: That pictures from the 15th Jan 2010. If I remember rightly, most of the country was covered in snow at that time. I imagine that is all melted snow, not rain. Just my guess though.
I'm sure tonight's game will be on, should be a good with both teams recent form!
Re: GUISELEY
Always hard to tell with yourself Wintergreen, with you being a seasoned wind up merchant with your loaded questions and reliance on the smiley get out clause.Wintergreen wrote:It's a bit of fun Dave - I tried to convey that with the winker.DaveC wrote:Could it be simply that he made a mistake?
The guy is only human, why look for things that may not be there?
Moving on....it's precipitation i.e. rain that has frozen en route and then returned to its natural state.
This is more fun by the way should anyone be in any doubt...![]()
![]()
PS
An entertaining 0-0
Att: 741
Dave C
Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!
Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!
- barrowfan1999
- Member
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: GUISELEY
Looking forward to tonight's game! Hopefully will be a cracker (if it's on)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests