Forest Green v Barrow match thread
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
Met some of your fans, and a lot of them seem decent enough. Agree that the red was a bit harsh, prefer to see 11 v 11 where possible and having to decide whether it's deliberate in a case like that is almost impossible, it didn't look it and there were enough bodies behind him. We've had our share of poor decisions and unfortunately it's all you can expect given the standard of officials at this level.
Sadly a few of your fans let the side down. Freya, you and a couple of others were a complete embarrassment to your club. Behave like you did at bigger clubs and you'll put your support in danger of getting their heads kicked in. Time to grow up.
Good luck for the rest of the season.
Sadly a few of your fans let the side down. Freya, you and a couple of others were a complete embarrassment to your club. Behave like you did at bigger clubs and you'll put your support in danger of getting their heads kicked in. Time to grow up.
Good luck for the rest of the season.
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
Don't like to watch the 'highlights' when we get [SwearFilter], but had to see what the fuss was about regarding Livesey's red. Sometimes, by the letter of the law, the ref makes the correct decision even if it seems ridiculous. A player pushing an opponent in retaliation for a poor challenge springs to mind. However, in this case Barrow have grounds to appeal.Jock wrote:You just don't know the rules....
Reasons to give a free kick, or penalty if the offence occurs inside the penalty area from the FA site (http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... misconduct):
Also, for red-card offences:FA rules wrote:A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following three offences:
holds an opponent
spits at an opponent
handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
The ref has decided that Livesey handled deliberately and denied the goalscoring opportunity. There is no way on this earth that he has done that deliberately. Looks to me that his arm that the ball hit was level with his body. Not even a pen; ruined the game as a contest from then on. Feel for those who travelled.FA rules wrote: denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
Not gonna argue with you and say I didn't embarrass myself because I know I did. I don't deserve the lies being told about me on your forum though.FGR Fan wrote:Met some of your fans, and a lot of them seem decent enough. Agree that the red was a bit harsh, prefer to see 11 v 11 where possible and having to decide whether it's deliberate in a case like that is almost impossible, it didn't look it and there were enough bodies behind him. We've had our share of poor decisions and unfortunately it's all you can expect given the standard of officials at this level.
Sadly a few of your fans let the side down. Freya, you and a couple of others were a complete embarrassment to your club. Behave like you did at bigger clubs and you'll put your support in danger of getting their heads kicked in. Time to grow up.
Good luck for the rest of the season.
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
FGR Fan wrote:Met some of your fans, and a lot of them seem decent enough. Agree that the red was a bit harsh, prefer to see 11 v 11 where possible and having to decide whether it's deliberate in a case like that is almost impossible, it didn't look it and there were enough bodies behind him. We've had our share of poor decisions and unfortunately it's all you can expect given the standard of officials at this level.
Sadly a few of your fans let the side down. Freya, you and a couple of others were a complete embarrassment to your club. Behave like you did at bigger clubs and you'll put your support in danger of getting their heads kicked in. Time to grow up.
Good luck for the rest of the season.
That Phil Mitchell fella hardly covers himself in glory though does he ?
Maybe you should give Peggy a shout to sort him out ?
#EastendersBantz.
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
One thing I will say is that the lad in question is a top bloke, no angel and got a bit of a temper on him but not without reason. If some of you hadn't acted like you did all day, there would have been no trouble. Act like thugs, and you'll get trouble. We're a friendly club, so it takes a lot to properly kick things off luckily.
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
He starts his post with:
" Let me just start this tpoic by saying I am well aware I am no angel "
then moves on to say :
" I wanted to smash heads and believe me I was going to go for it but luckily the steward calmed me down"
Sounds like a top bloke, he really does! Up there with Ghandi
" Let me just start this tpoic by saying I am well aware I am no angel "
then moves on to say :
" I wanted to smash heads and believe me I was going to go for it but luckily the steward calmed me down"
Sounds like a top bloke, he really does! Up there with Ghandi
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4102
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
If i was the lads mother (the 5 year old lad) I wouldn't want that fella anywhere near him ..
as for the FGR fan on here saying act like that and you get your head kicked in - lovely I don't go to games for that - the fans of Barrow were disappointed yes / angry yes / passionate yes - thugs I'm sorry but no
as for the FGR fan on here saying act like that and you get your head kicked in - lovely I don't go to games for that - the fans of Barrow were disappointed yes / angry yes / passionate yes - thugs I'm sorry but no
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
Come on, if any of you had your little lad reduced to tears by foul mouthed yobs, tell me you wouldn't react.
If more of us had been around at the time to see it, things could have turned very nasty, friendly club or not. Lesson is, behave yourselves when you go away, it's not that difficult is it?
If more of us had been around at the time to see it, things could have turned very nasty, friendly club or not. Lesson is, behave yourselves when you go away, it's not that difficult is it?
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
He grabbed my boyfriend and it wouldn't have started if he didn't. But no one will listen to this and no one will listen when I say I didn't say a word to his son. This is so unfair.FGR Fan wrote:One thing I will say is that the lad in question is a top bloke, no angel and got a bit of a temper on him but not without reason. If some of you hadn't acted like you did all day, there would have been no trouble. Act like thugs, and you'll get trouble. We're a friendly club, so it takes a lot to properly kick things off luckily.
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
I agree , he sounds lovely.FGR Fan wrote:One thing I will say is that the lad in question is a top bloke, no angel and got a bit of a temper on him but not without reason. If some of you hadn't acted like you did all day, there would have been no trouble. Act like thugs, and you'll get trouble. We're a friendly club, so it takes a lot to properly kick things off luckily.
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4102
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
The guy grabbed a Barrow fan - that's assault - he hung around looking to cause trouble - if my team had just won 4-0 i'd be skipping home with a smile on my face not hanging around to geode away fans.. I'm sure the little boy would have been more distressed if he saw his dad smashing the head of a 18 year old girl in.. pathetic
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
The stewards have all the info, they'll provide fair unbiased facts to the club which should sort anything out if needed.
Anyway just like to re-emphasize that the Barrow fans I met were a decent bunch, love their football and showing great commitment to travel that far, fair play to them. I'm not likely to be able to travel up to your place but if I do I can assure you that although small in number, we're one of the nicest most respectful set of supporters you'll meet.
At the end of the day it's not that big a deal, no one got hurt and hopefully lessons get learned so that no one does in the future. I suggest that the sensible fans you have keep the trouble makers in check at future games, that way everyone can enjoy the game.
Anyway just like to re-emphasize that the Barrow fans I met were a decent bunch, love their football and showing great commitment to travel that far, fair play to them. I'm not likely to be able to travel up to your place but if I do I can assure you that although small in number, we're one of the nicest most respectful set of supporters you'll meet.
At the end of the day it's not that big a deal, no one got hurt and hopefully lessons get learned so that no one does in the future. I suggest that the sensible fans you have keep the trouble makers in check at future games, that way everyone can enjoy the game.
- Steelworks End
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Contact:
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
So friendly that one of our supporters, who needs to sit because of health reasons, was sitting by himself in the stand like Johnny-no-mates because people who could stand were not allowed to join him.FGR Fan wrote: We're a friendly club.
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
This sums up your frame of mind.FGR Fan wrote:The stewards have all the info, they'll provide fair unbiased facts to the club which should sort anything out if needed.
Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread
Mark Mc wrote:Matty Dodds highlights now available!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmVeLhZ ... e=youtu.be
Totally unavoidable ball to hand by Livesey, well captured by the young Dodster! No such excuses for Williams though who up until then was having a decent game. Some of our defending is shambolic at times.
Last edited by mall on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests