Post
by spirit of 1990 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:12 pm
Terrible, terrible first 45. If this is meant to be entertainment I must be missing something.
The hard brutal truth is a third of this squad are not any where near good enough, can't make up my mind about Mellor, Grimes or Fofana as we just simply haven't seen enough of them to form a proper opinion.....and they were supposedly the three big signings of the summer!!
As much as I like Pilks, he's getting to the stage where he's now just tying up a wage.
Substitutions were one again bizarre. The lack of any sort of effort in the first half was alarming.
As someone has already said, if them two pens had gone in it would have only glossed over some really big problems within the squad. While I'm on the penalty situation, Cookie is not a natural penalty taker, I don't blame him for wanting to take them with Jase (the sacrificial lamb) not being on but I hope he never takes another one for us....it's just bang down the middle and hope for the best. The keeper spoke to a defender just before the pen was taken and I'm guessing the defender said hold your ground because it'll come straight at you.
Cookie's goal was fantastic, I was right behind that and it really does show how much he has improved over the years - just not at taking pens though.
Big decisions for Edmo to make in the coming games, the pressure has to be mounting, and I honestly don't like saying that about the bloke but the tactics are bad, entertainment is nil, some signings are absolutely shocking and most substitutions are baffling.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.