Kidderminster match thread
-
Middleton Nick
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
- Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
- Contact:
Re: Kidderminster match thread
I do remember VdB hitting a post with a shot from more than a yard out.I can't remember which match.................or was I dreaming again
Re: Kidderminster match thread
Not to mention that exquisite cross he put over for the Paddy Lacey header!Moonwatcher wrote:How about an extra mark for the nice one-two that put Jase through? A welcome relief from long-ball monotony, I thought. Go on...it'll do you good.whitty1969 wrote:OK good point I must pay more attention.
You said he never played that badly. One of his better games. Now can I stone you ?
If that was one of his better games how bad was he in the others?
I will give him 2/10 for yesterday. One for turning up and putting the correct kit on.
He gets another one for the speed he came off the field to allow us to put someone better on
I'll get my tin hat....
I'm sure there must be a footballer locked away in that body somewhere, but can we find the key????
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kidderminster match thread
No tin hat needed Moonwatcher. I'm a fair man. I've upped his mark to 3/10Moonwatcher wrote:How about an extra mark for the nice one-two that put Jase through? A welcome relief from long-ball monotony, I thought. Go on...it'll do you good.whitty1969 wrote:OK good point I must pay more attention.
You said he never played that badly. One of his better games. Now can I stone you ?
If that was one of his better games how bad was he in the others?
I will give him 2/10 for yesterday. One for turning up and putting the correct kit on.
He gets another one for the speed he came off the field to allow us to put someone better on
I'll get my tin hat....
An increase in 50% for the 5 seconds input he put in for the 74 minutes he was on the pitch....
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kidderminster match thread
Out of curiosity. How many marks did VDB get in today's non league paper. I couldn't bring myself to buy it. Never wanted to see headlines of "double penalty save "
-
Blue and white
- Senior Member
- Posts: 273
- Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:59 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kidderminster match thread
We didn't turn up first half , 2nd half we were decent at times , still can't believe Cook never smashed in the rebound ! It was so frustrating because Kidderminster are poor this season especially at the back . On the positive note - it's a point , and it's great too see Wilson back ! As for VDB , woeful , he had a couple of decent runs and pass's but shocking so far, he just walks around the pitch and when he loses the ball he never tries too win it back . Next 2 games for Barrow are definitely winnable , good chance we can get the 6pts!
- John Very Little
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4136
- Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 am
- Contact:
Re: Kidderminster match thread
On the point about Cook's penalty before the pen was taken one of their defenders called the keeper over to tell him something and I'm pretty sure it was not to move because Cook pretty much blasts them straight down the middle.
Most of us in the crowd knew what Cook was gonna do with it so in future if he has to take a pen again then I hope one of the management team or players tell him to put it in one of the corners of the net.
Regarding the rebound it was on his wrong foot.
Most of us in the crowd knew what Cook was gonna do with it so in future if he has to take a pen again then I hope one of the management team or players tell him to put it in one of the corners of the net.
Regarding the rebound it was on his wrong foot.
-
Renfrew Refugee
- Member
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:12 pm
- Location: Where the job takes me
- Contact:
Re: Kidderminster match thread
To all the Van Den Broek haters what use was Haworth? Cannot cross, pass, beat a man and will not Track back or defend, absolute waste of a shirt the sooner has is dropped for Newby the better
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8339
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kidderminster match thread
Was there much debate before Grimes took the second penalty? Would have thought Ashton would have taken it
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kidderminster match thread
More than a yard out?Graythwaite Nick wrote:I do remember VdB hitting a post with a shot from more than a yard out.I can't remember which match.................or was I dreaming again
So pretty much anywhere on the pitch then ?
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
Re: Kidderminster match thread
Scored a great goal at Leamington last seasonRenfrew Refugee wrote:To all the Van Den Broek haters what use was Haworth?
- Steeley
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5750
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Kidderminster match thread
Noticed people arent too happy with Haworth recently aswell as VDB, both playing completely differently, Haworth will 'have a go' which is the type of winger we cry out for every season, and shoots a lot, which people will moan if we dont shoot a lot.Renfrew Refugee wrote:To all the Van Den Broek haters what use was Haworth? Cannot cross, pass, beat a man and will not Track back or defend, absolute waste of a shirt the sooner has is dropped for Newby the better
I much prefer haworth to have a go at the other team and lose the ball but pop up with the odd goal, rather than a VDB who plays it safe constantly and instead of trying to beat a man and cross/shoot will just pass it backwards to a defender or one of the centre midfielders.
Not so long ago people used to moan at Rutherford for not taking people on and shooting, now we have a player that tries that its not good enough, everyone loved it when Cowps went on a mazy run the other week beat a few men and nearly scored.
Bish=God
Re: Kidderminster match thread
Where are Brown and Henney when you need them?
- Steelworks End
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Contact:
Re: Kidderminster match thread
Because that is entertainment - good to watch.Steeley wrote: everyone loved it when Cowps went on a mazy run the other week beat a few men and nearly scored.
Seeing the ball hoofed high over the midfield towards the opposition defence isn't.
- Steeley
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5750
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Kidderminster match thread
I absolutely agree, which is why I have no issue with Haworths performances or the way he plays, as at least he has a go. We've only scored more than 1 goal in a game three times this season and one of those was against Blackburn under 12s.Steelworks End wrote:Because that is entertainment - good to watch.Steeley wrote: everyone loved it when Cowps went on a mazy run the other week beat a few men and nearly scored.
Seeing the ball hoofed high over the midfield towards the opposition defence isn't.
Bish=God
Re: Kidderminster match thread
Moonwatcher, my old astronomical Patrick Moore-esque friend, you have found yourself in a sharp, quickfire, rat-a-tat volleying rally at the net with Whitty and co over your BVDB remarks, and all for honestly pointing out there were signs, emphasise “signs”, of a player in there rather than claiming he played brilliantly. Don’t worry about the stoning though, after I suggested Symington was alright against Kidderminster (not brilliant note, just “alright”) I ended up getting stoned last night. Yet, lo and behold, to my surprise I find myself still alive to tell the tale today. Oh hang on I may need to correct myself; was it before (rather than after) I suggested Symington did okay that I got stoned???
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Fazered, Semrush [Bot] and 23 guests