Kidderminster match thread

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Middleton Nick
Platinum Member
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:

Re: Kidderminster match thread

Post by Middleton Nick » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:52 pm

I do remember VdB hitting a post with a shot from more than a yard out.I can't remember which match.................or was I dreaming again

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11319
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Kidderminster match thread

Post by McMark » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:55 pm

Moonwatcher wrote:
whitty1969 wrote:OK good point I must pay more attention.

You said he never played that badly. One of his better games. Now can I stone you ?

If that was one of his better games how bad was he in the others?

I will give him 2/10 for yesterday. One for turning up and putting the correct kit on.
He gets another one for the speed he came off the field to allow us to put someone better on
How about an extra mark for the nice one-two that put Jase through? A welcome relief from long-ball monotony, I thought. Go on...it'll do you good.
I'll get my tin hat....
Not to mention that exquisite cross he put over for the Paddy Lacey header!
I'm sure there must be a footballer locked away in that body somewhere, but can we find the key???? :?

whitty1969
Platinum Member
Posts: 2937
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Kidderminster match thread

Post by whitty1969 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:05 pm

Moonwatcher wrote:
whitty1969 wrote:OK good point I must pay more attention.

You said he never played that badly. One of his better games. Now can I stone you ?

If that was one of his better games how bad was he in the others?

I will give him 2/10 for yesterday. One for turning up and putting the correct kit on.
He gets another one for the speed he came off the field to allow us to put someone better on
How about an extra mark for the nice one-two that put Jase through? A welcome relief from long-ball monotony, I thought. Go on...it'll do you good.
I'll get my tin hat....
No tin hat needed Moonwatcher. I'm a fair man. I've upped his mark to 3/10
An increase in 50% for the 5 seconds input he put in for the 74 minutes he was on the pitch....

whitty1969
Platinum Member
Posts: 2937
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Kidderminster match thread

Post by whitty1969 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Out of curiosity. How many marks did VDB get in today's non league paper. I couldn't bring myself to buy it. Never wanted to see headlines of "double penalty save "

Blue and white
Senior Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Kidderminster match thread

Post by Blue and white » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:26 pm

We didn't turn up first half , 2nd half we were decent at times , still can't believe Cook never smashed in the rebound ! It was so frustrating because Kidderminster are poor this season especially at the back . On the positive note - it's a point , and it's great too see Wilson back ! As for VDB , woeful , he had a couple of decent runs and pass's but shocking so far, he just walks around the pitch and when he loses the ball he never tries too win it back . Next 2 games for Barrow are definitely winnable , good chance we can get the 6pts!

User avatar
John Very Little
Platinum Member
Posts: 4136
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 am
Contact:

Re: Kidderminster match thread

Post by John Very Little » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:59 pm

On the point about Cook's penalty before the pen was taken one of their defenders called the keeper over to tell him something and I'm pretty sure it was not to move because Cook pretty much blasts them straight down the middle.
Most of us in the crowd knew what Cook was gonna do with it so in future if he has to take a pen again then I hope one of the management team or players tell him to put it in one of the corners of the net.
Regarding the rebound it was on his wrong foot.

Renfrew Refugee
Member
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:12 pm
Location: Where the job takes me
Contact:

Re: Kidderminster match thread

Post by Renfrew Refugee » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:01 am

To all the Van Den Broek haters what use was Haworth? Cannot cross, pass, beat a man and will not Track back or defend, absolute waste of a shirt the sooner has is dropped for Newby the better

Online
HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8339
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Kidderminster match thread

Post by HenneysKnee » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:19 am

Was there much debate before Grimes took the second penalty? Would have thought Ashton would have taken it

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Kidderminster match thread

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:18 am

Graythwaite Nick wrote:I do remember VdB hitting a post with a shot from more than a yard out.I can't remember which match.................or was I dreaming again
More than a yard out?

So pretty much anywhere on the pitch then ?
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7262
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Kidderminster match thread

Post by Jim » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:20 am

Renfrew Refugee wrote:To all the Van Den Broek haters what use was Haworth?
Scored a great goal at Leamington last season ;) Talented footballer, can be a match winner but inclined to be a bit lazy and tends to shoot when he should pass to A Cook.

User avatar
Steeley
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5750
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Kidderminster match thread

Post by Steeley » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:32 am

Renfrew Refugee wrote:To all the Van Den Broek haters what use was Haworth? Cannot cross, pass, beat a man and will not Track back or defend, absolute waste of a shirt the sooner has is dropped for Newby the better
Noticed people arent too happy with Haworth recently aswell as VDB, both playing completely differently, Haworth will 'have a go' which is the type of winger we cry out for every season, and shoots a lot, which people will moan if we dont shoot a lot.

I much prefer haworth to have a go at the other team and lose the ball but pop up with the odd goal, rather than a VDB who plays it safe constantly and instead of trying to beat a man and cross/shoot will just pass it backwards to a defender or one of the centre midfielders.


Not so long ago people used to moan at Rutherford for not taking people on and shooting, now we have a player that tries that its not good enough, everyone loved it when Cowps went on a mazy run the other week beat a few men and nearly scored.
Bish=God

DaveP
Gold Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Kidderminster match thread

Post by DaveP » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:45 am

Where are Brown and Henney when you need them?

User avatar
Steelworks End
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5959
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:

Re: Kidderminster match thread

Post by Steelworks End » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:50 am

Steeley wrote: everyone loved it when Cowps went on a mazy run the other week beat a few men and nearly scored.
Because that is entertainment - good to watch.

Seeing the ball hoofed high over the midfield towards the opposition defence isn't.

User avatar
Steeley
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5750
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Kidderminster match thread

Post by Steeley » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:58 am

Steelworks End wrote:
Steeley wrote: everyone loved it when Cowps went on a mazy run the other week beat a few men and nearly scored.
Because that is entertainment - good to watch.

Seeing the ball hoofed high over the midfield towards the opposition defence isn't.
I absolutely agree, which is why I have no issue with Haworths performances or the way he plays, as at least he has a go. We've only scored more than 1 goal in a game three times this season and one of those was against Blackburn under 12s.
Bish=God

pjdaly
Gold Member
Posts: 1632
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 6:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Kidderminster match thread

Post by pjdaly » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:16 am

Moonwatcher, my old astronomical Patrick Moore-esque friend, you have found yourself in a sharp, quickfire, rat-a-tat volleying rally at the net with Whitty and co over your BVDB remarks, and all for honestly pointing out there were signs, emphasise “signs”, of a player in there rather than claiming he played brilliantly. Don’t worry about the stoning though, after I suggested Symington was alright against Kidderminster (not brilliant note, just “alright”) I ended up getting stoned last night. Yet, lo and behold, to my surprise I find myself still alive to tell the tale today. Oh hang on I may need to correct myself; was it before (rather than after) I suggested Symington did okay that I got stoned???

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Esso Blue, Windy Pete and 31 guests