Atherston Matters
- Esso Blue
- Senior Member
- Posts: 425
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:59 pm
- Location: Buckinghamshire
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
Yesterday I received a letter as a notice to attend court as a witness for trial 3. It's due to start on Monday 28 September and there are six defendants who have all pleaded not guilty. I was a little surprised that this wsa still contining as I hadn't heard anything for a few months. Anyone else heard anything?
Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom.....
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
Three that I know of and I am expecting mine to arrive any time soon. Blimey it is 2 years next month and whilst I can't believe how that time has flown I hope my recall of the events is clear in my mind when asked.
We were told in the summer that this would be the last trial and it would commence on the 28th September.
We were told in the summer that this would be the last trial and it would commence on the 28th September.
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4100
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
It's about time this was concluded and these thugs put away
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
It took less time to put the Krays away Charlie.
-
Si_Nichols
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
- Location: Lancaster
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
The good old British justice system. I had a phone call today calling me as a witness for next week's trial (my second one of the three). Nothing like a bit of notice
-
corner 91
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:38 pm
- Location: Costa Del Walney
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
Same here, will find out Monday or Tuesday if I'm needed Wednesday morning...Si_Nichols wrote:The good old British justice system. I had a phone call today calling me as a witness for next week's trial (my second one of the three). Nothing like a bit of notice
-
Si_Nichols
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
- Location: Lancaster
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
they wanted me Tuesday but I have work commitments away that I can't get out of so am now doing Wednesday morning as first witness.corner 91 wrote:Same here, will find out Monday or Tuesday if I'm needed Wednesday morning...Si_Nichols wrote:The good old British justice system. I had a phone call today calling me as a witness for next week's trial (my second one of the three). Nothing like a bit of notice
- Steeley
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5750
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
I've never been involved in anything like this so have very little knowledge, but it surprises me that witnesses are just 'called' with little notice, knowing fully well they live miles away.
Doff my cap to all those making the great effort to give evidence.
Doff my cap to all those making the great effort to give evidence.
Bish=God
Re: Atherston Matters
Absolutely.
Crims live in hope that witnesses may not be able (occasionally willing) to turn up, sometimes changing their plea when they do.
Crims live in hope that witnesses may not be able (occasionally willing) to turn up, sometimes changing their plea when they do.
THE NORTHERN WAY
- Steelworks End
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
Any scrote who changes their plea to guilty only when the witnesses turn up should have their sentence doubled, for wasting everyone's time and money.Hadrian wrote: Crims live in hope that witnesses may not be able (occasionally willing) to turn up, sometimes changing their plea when they do.
Re: Atherston Matters
I got a letter Friday and I rang to see if I could attend at a more convenient date....nope. so on the busiest day of my month/quarter I have to repeat the same story I did a few months back and receive zero questions from the defence. joke but it will be nice to see them all jailed.
Go and finish your dinner [SwearFilter] face!
Re: Atherston Matters
Latest six on trial, deny violent disorder!
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/News/Barrow/Si ... 8ba5144-ds
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/News/Barrow/Si ... 8ba5144-ds
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
My turn Thursday.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baxterj732, Bluebirds Trust and 26 guests