Atherston Matters

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
Esso Blue
Senior Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: Buckinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Esso Blue » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:27 am

Yesterday I received a letter as a notice to attend court as a witness for trial 3. It's due to start on Monday 28 September and there are six defendants who have all pleaded not guilty. I was a little surprised that this wsa still contining as I hadn't heard anything for a few months. Anyone else heard anything?
Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom.....

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Holkerbird » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:17 pm

Three that I know of and I am expecting mine to arrive any time soon. Blimey it is 2 years next month and whilst I can't believe how that time has flown I hope my recall of the events is clear in my mind when asked.
We were told in the summer that this would be the last trial and it would commence on the 28th September.

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4100
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Bingo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:42 pm

It's about time this was concluded and these thugs put away

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by GTBLUE » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:22 pm

It took less time to put the Krays away Charlie.

paddy71
Bronze Member
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 1:02 am
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by paddy71 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:57 pm

God bless Ronnie and reggie
how we get there i don,t no.Barrows on the way

Si_Nichols
Veteran Member
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Lancaster
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Si_Nichols » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:49 pm

The good old British justice system. I had a phone call today calling me as a witness for next week's trial (my second one of the three). Nothing like a bit of notice

corner 91
Veteran Member
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:38 pm
Location: Costa Del Walney
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by corner 91 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:16 pm

Si_Nichols wrote:The good old British justice system. I had a phone call today calling me as a witness for next week's trial (my second one of the three). Nothing like a bit of notice
Same here, will find out Monday or Tuesday if I'm needed Wednesday morning...

Si_Nichols
Veteran Member
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Lancaster
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Si_Nichols » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:55 pm

corner 91 wrote:
Si_Nichols wrote:The good old British justice system. I had a phone call today calling me as a witness for next week's trial (my second one of the three). Nothing like a bit of notice
Same here, will find out Monday or Tuesday if I'm needed Wednesday morning...
they wanted me Tuesday but I have work commitments away that I can't get out of so am now doing Wednesday morning as first witness.

User avatar
Steeley
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5750
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Steeley » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:17 pm

I've never been involved in anything like this so have very little knowledge, but it surprises me that witnesses are just 'called' with little notice, knowing fully well they live miles away.

Doff my cap to all those making the great effort to give evidence.
Bish=God

Hadrian
Platinum Member
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Hadrian » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:19 pm

Absolutely.

Crims live in hope that witnesses may not be able (occasionally willing) to turn up, sometimes changing their plea when they do.
THE NORTHERN WAY

User avatar
Steelworks End
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5959
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Steelworks End » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:35 pm

Hadrian wrote: Crims live in hope that witnesses may not be able (occasionally willing) to turn up, sometimes changing their plea when they do.
Any scrote who changes their plea to guilty only when the witnesses turn up should have their sentence doubled, for wasting everyone's time and money.

User avatar
The Chief
Silver Member
Posts: 1346
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 7:18 am
Location: Crewe
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by The Chief » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:59 pm

I got a letter Friday and I rang to see if I could attend at a more convenient date....nope. so on the busiest day of my month/quarter I have to repeat the same story I did a few months back and receive zero questions from the defence. joke but it will be nice to see them all jailed.
Go and finish your dinner [SwearFilter] face!

Hadrian
Platinum Member
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Hadrian » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:24 pm

Well done for going.
THE NORTHERN WAY

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11318
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by McMark » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:05 pm

Latest six on trial, deny violent disorder!
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/News/Barrow/Si ... 8ba5144-ds

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Holkerbird » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:31 pm

My turn Thursday.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: liam_b82, ossickbluebird, russell_anderson, tommy2thumbs and 15 guests