Paul Casson has what it takes.
-
Colin Appleton
- Senior Member
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:52 pm
- Contact:
Paul Casson has what it takes.
Forgive me if I'm wrong but on Saturday night following the defeat at Fylde I was under the impression that this forum went into meltdown with ninety percent of the posts shouting for Darren Edmondson to be sacked and suggesting Paul Casson wouldn't act.
Twenty four hours later after giving a couple of media interviews where Paul Casson outlined that Darren Edmondson has effectively been given a month to turn things around, the forum goes into another meltdown suggesting our saviour from across the pond is being too ruthless.
So if Paul Casson hadn't acted he would have been criticised, yet when he does he still is. It must be great being a football chairman.
I've always been a big fan of Paul Casson because the bloke has put his money where his mouth is but what has impressed me most is that just when you think he's losing his edge he acts. I think he's latest move is brilliant. He has sent a clear message out to everyone associated with the club that he's not happy with the way things are going and change is required. I don't for one minute think he wants to get rid of Darren Edmondson, far from it, if he had, he would have been long gone by now.
I think a lot of fans felt the Edmondson / Casson relationship was too close, and that Paul Casson wouldn't act. Talking of close relationships I find it incredibly unprofessional of BBC Radio Cumbria to keep referring to Darren Edmondson as EDMO but that's a moan for another day
I hope Darren Edmondson rides out the current storm. He comes across as a genuine nice Cumbrian bloke. I hope he's got what it takes to deliver us into the promised land of the Football League in the next few years but if he doesn't, I think his actions over the last few days have shown Paul Casson has clearly got the bottle, and perhaps more importantly the willingness to act.
Twenty four hours later after giving a couple of media interviews where Paul Casson outlined that Darren Edmondson has effectively been given a month to turn things around, the forum goes into another meltdown suggesting our saviour from across the pond is being too ruthless.
So if Paul Casson hadn't acted he would have been criticised, yet when he does he still is. It must be great being a football chairman.
I've always been a big fan of Paul Casson because the bloke has put his money where his mouth is but what has impressed me most is that just when you think he's losing his edge he acts. I think he's latest move is brilliant. He has sent a clear message out to everyone associated with the club that he's not happy with the way things are going and change is required. I don't for one minute think he wants to get rid of Darren Edmondson, far from it, if he had, he would have been long gone by now.
I think a lot of fans felt the Edmondson / Casson relationship was too close, and that Paul Casson wouldn't act. Talking of close relationships I find it incredibly unprofessional of BBC Radio Cumbria to keep referring to Darren Edmondson as EDMO but that's a moan for another day
I hope Darren Edmondson rides out the current storm. He comes across as a genuine nice Cumbrian bloke. I hope he's got what it takes to deliver us into the promised land of the Football League in the next few years but if he doesn't, I think his actions over the last few days have shown Paul Casson has clearly got the bottle, and perhaps more importantly the willingness to act.
Last edited by Colin Appleton on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.
You could have posted this in Darren Edmondson thread.
#JustSayin
#JustSayin
- Steelworks End
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.
Or the Paul Casson one?themaster wrote:You could have posted this in Darren Edmondson thread.
#JustSayin
-
Blue and white
- Senior Member
- Posts: 273
- Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:59 pm
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.
Well said , Casson came in took over a team that would still be mid table in conference North , gave Edmo a healthy budget in both Conf North and Conf , put the club full time , his aim is too go for league football within 2 years of getting in the the Conference . He is also going through plans/ talks too see how we should best develop the ground , Casson has been in the door 5 mins and its so far so good !
-
sprinfield_quark
- New Member
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:21 pm
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.

" I am giving Darren Edmondson this much of a chance ".
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7131
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.
appreciate if you would put you`r own name on this thread Paul!Colin Appleton wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong but on Saturday night following the defeat at Fylde I was under the impression that this forum went into meltdown with ninety percent of the posts shouting for Darren Edmondson to be sacked and suggesting Paul Casson wouldn't act.
Twenty four hours later after giving a couple of media interviews where Paul Casson outlined that Darren Edmondson has effectively been given a month to turn things around, the forum goes into another meltdown suggesting our saviour from across the pond is being too ruthless.
So if Paul Casson hadn't acted he would have been criticised, yet when he does he still is. It must be great being a football chairman.
I've always been a big fan of Paul Casson because the bloke has put his money where his mouth is but what has impressed me most is that just when you think he's losing his edge he acts. I think he's latest move is brilliant. He has sent a clear message out to everyone associated with the club that he's not happy with the way things are going and change is required. I don't for one minute think he wants to get rid of Darren Edmondson, far from it, if he had, he would have been long gone by now.
I think a lot of fans felt the Edmondson / Casson relationship was too close, and that Paul Casson wouldn't act. Talking of close relationships I find it incredibly unprofessional of BBC Radio Cumbria to keep referring to Darren Edmondson as EDMO but that's a moan for another day
I hope Darren Edmondson rides out the current storm. He comes across as a genuine nice Cumbrian bloke. I hope he's got what it takes to deliver us into the promised land of the Football League in the next few years but if he doesn't, I think his actions over the last few days have shown Paul Casson has clearly got the bottle, and perhaps more importantly the willingness to act.
So why no mention of the proposed steering group for the ground development?
Why no mention of the total joke that is the merchandising?
Why no mention of the criteria for signing players i.e.buying into the dream?
no mention of the meeting in America to ratify the transfer policy!
"saviour" yes for now,but if he (you) leave where`s the strategy to carry on?
Trouble is now by saying he`s got a month (edmo)it leaves everthing in the air what will the players think now?where does this ridiculous statement leave the fans what`s the baseline for success or better still let the forum decide or hey let`s go to the evening mail and have a poll!
-
Colin Appleton
- Senior Member
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:52 pm
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.
Blue Nige,
Great post so you're suggesting that because I'm writing a post praising Paul Casson I must be him. Please get real
Great post so you're suggesting that because I'm writing a post praising Paul Casson I must be him. Please get real
Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.
We are no way going to be a league club in a couple of years, another too high aspiration by our chairman imo
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it
Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.
Yeah, why aim to get promoted?...
Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.
Great post! Wrong thread or not, get over it!Colin Appleton wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong but on Saturday night following the defeat at Fylde I was under the impression that this forum went into meltdown with ninety percent of the posts shouting for Darren Edmondson to be sacked and suggesting Paul Casson wouldn't act.
Twenty four hours later after giving a couple of media interviews where Paul Casson outlined that Darren Edmondson has effectively been given a month to turn things around, the forum goes into another meltdown suggesting our saviour from across the pond is being too ruthless.
So if Paul Casson hadn't acted he would have been criticised, yet when he does he still is. It must be great being a football chairman.
I've always been a big fan of Paul Casson because the bloke has put his money where his mouth is but what has impressed me most is that just when you think he's losing his edge he acts. I think he's latest move is brilliant. He has sent a clear message out to everyone associated with the club that he's not happy with the way things are going and change is required. I don't for one minute think he wants to get rid of Darren Edmondson, far from it, if he had, he would have been long gone by now.
I think a lot of fans felt the Edmondson / Casson relationship was too close, and that Paul Casson wouldn't act. Talking of close relationships I find it incredibly unprofessional of BBC Radio Cumbria to keep referring to Darren Edmondson as EDMO but that's a moan for another day
I hope Darren Edmondson rides out the current storm. He comes across as a genuine nice Cumbrian bloke. I hope he's got what it takes to deliver us into the promised land of the Football League in the next few years but if he doesn't, I think his actions over the last few days have shown Paul Casson has clearly got the bottle, and perhaps more importantly the willingness to act.
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 16 3/4 
Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.
Blue Nige get a grip man! Embarrassing! Edmo has a month to get some decent performances together! Is that too much to ask? Fans know exactly what is expected! Players know what is expected! Its not rocket science? What is left in the air?blue nige wrote:appreciate if you would put you`r own name on this thread Paul!Colin Appleton wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong but on Saturday night following the defeat at Fylde I was under the impression that this forum went into meltdown with ninety percent of the posts shouting for Darren Edmondson to be sacked and suggesting Paul Casson wouldn't act.
Twenty four hours later after giving a couple of media interviews where Paul Casson outlined that Darren Edmondson has effectively been given a month to turn things around, the forum goes into another meltdown suggesting our saviour from across the pond is being too ruthless.
So if Paul Casson hadn't acted he would have been criticised, yet when he does he still is. It must be great being a football chairman.
I've always been a big fan of Paul Casson because the bloke has put his money where his mouth is but what has impressed me most is that just when you think he's losing his edge he acts. I think he's latest move is brilliant. He has sent a clear message out to everyone associated with the club that he's not happy with the way things are going and change is required. I don't for one minute think he wants to get rid of Darren Edmondson, far from it, if he had, he would have been long gone by now.
I think a lot of fans felt the Edmondson / Casson relationship was too close, and that Paul Casson wouldn't act. Talking of close relationships I find it incredibly unprofessional of BBC Radio Cumbria to keep referring to Darren Edmondson as EDMO but that's a moan for another day
I hope Darren Edmondson rides out the current storm. He comes across as a genuine nice Cumbrian bloke. I hope he's got what it takes to deliver us into the promised land of the Football League in the next few years but if he doesn't, I think his actions over the last few days have shown Paul Casson has clearly got the bottle, and perhaps more importantly the willingness to act.
So why no mention of the proposed steering group for the ground development?
Why no mention of the total joke that is the merchandising?
Why no mention of the criteria for signing players i.e.buying into the dream?
no mention of the meeting in America to ratify the transfer policy!
"saviour" yes for now,but if he (you) leave where`s the strategy to carry on?
Trouble is now by saying he`s got a month (edmo)it leaves everthing in the air what will the players think now?where does this ridiculous statement leave the fans what`s the baseline for success or better still let the forum decide or hey let`s go to the evening mail and have a poll!
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 16 3/4 
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.
Yep. A really good post. Agree totally. If it was my money going in Edmo wouldn't be here now. As it stands we all know what needs to happen. I hope he pulls it around. Looking at the fixtures its a tall ask.Colin Appleton wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong but on Saturday night following the defeat at Fylde I was under the impression that this forum went into meltdown with ninety percent of the posts shouting for Darren Edmondson to be sacked and suggesting Paul Casson wouldn't act.
Twenty four hours later after giving a couple of media interviews where Paul Casson outlined that Darren Edmondson has effectively been given a month to turn things around, the forum goes into another meltdown suggesting our saviour from across the pond is being too ruthless.
So if Paul Casson hadn't acted he would have been criticised, yet when he does he still is. It must be great being a football chairman.
I've always been a big fan of Paul Casson because the bloke has put his money where his mouth is but what has impressed me most is that just when you think he's losing his edge he acts. I think he's latest move is brilliant. He has sent a clear message out to everyone associated with the club that he's not happy with the way things are going and change is required. I don't for one minute think he wants to get rid of Darren Edmondson, far from it, if he had, he would have been long gone by now.
I think a lot of fans felt the Edmondson / Casson relationship was too close, and that Paul Casson wouldn't act. Talking of close relationships I find it incredibly unprofessional of BBC Radio Cumbria to keep referring to Darren Edmondson as EDMO but that's a moan for another day
I hope Darren Edmondson rides out the current storm. He comes across as a genuine nice Cumbrian bloke. I hope he's got what it takes to deliver us into the promised land of the Football League in the next few years but if he doesn't, I think his actions over the last few days have shown Paul Casson has clearly got the bottle, and perhaps more importantly the willingness to act.
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.
Did you listen to the Radio Cumbria interview?ant wrote:Blue Nige get a grip man! Embarrassing! Edmo has a month to get some decent performances together! Is that too much to ask? Fans know exactly what is expected! Players know what is expected! Its not rocket science? What is left in the air?blue nige wrote: appreciate if you would put you`r own name on this thread Paul!
So why no mention of the proposed steering group for the ground development?
Why no mention of the total joke that is the merchandising?
Why no mention of the criteria for signing players i.e.buying into the dream?
no mention of the meeting in America to ratify the transfer policy!
"saviour" yes for now,but if he (you) leave where`s the strategy to carry on?
Trouble is now by saying he`s got a month (edmo)it leaves everthing in the air what will the players think now?where does this ridiculous statement leave the fans what`s the baseline for success or better still let the forum decide or hey let`s go to the evening mail and have a poll!
Mark Boyd asked Even if Edmo does well in the next four games what happens if its back to normal the month after. I cant remember the reply word for word but it wasn't very convincing.
The general feeling I got was Edmo has to win all the games we play this month and do it with style. Losses even in the next two games will simply not do.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7131
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.
cheers ,i just wanted to point out that everyone is learning and this season will be a roller coaster ride,i just want things putting in prospective and less get things back to "normal"!Colin Appleton wrote:Blue Nige,
Great post so you're suggesting that because I'm writing a post praising Paul Casson I must be him. Please get real
I you are not PC then you are pretty close to him re- all your threads are checking how the club is going and seeking the fans views/thoughts!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Angela, barrow1987, Big_Bluebird, bluessupporter, DerekW, Jonty, MisterPleasant, olefogey, Scott5, Slenderhead and 58 guests