Paul Casson has what it takes.

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Colin Appleton
Senior Member
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:52 pm
Contact:

Paul Casson has what it takes.

Post by Colin Appleton » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:43 pm

Forgive me if I'm wrong but on Saturday night following the defeat at Fylde I was under the impression that this forum went into meltdown with ninety percent of the posts shouting for Darren Edmondson to be sacked and suggesting Paul Casson wouldn't act.

Twenty four hours later after giving a couple of media interviews where Paul Casson outlined that Darren Edmondson has effectively been given a month to turn things around, the forum goes into another meltdown suggesting our saviour from across the pond is being too ruthless.

So if Paul Casson hadn't acted he would have been criticised, yet when he does he still is. It must be great being a football chairman.

I've always been a big fan of Paul Casson because the bloke has put his money where his mouth is but what has impressed me most is that just when you think he's losing his edge he acts. I think he's latest move is brilliant. He has sent a clear message out to everyone associated with the club that he's not happy with the way things are going and change is required. I don't for one minute think he wants to get rid of Darren Edmondson, far from it, if he had, he would have been long gone by now.

I think a lot of fans felt the Edmondson / Casson relationship was too close, and that Paul Casson wouldn't act. Talking of close relationships I find it incredibly unprofessional of BBC Radio Cumbria to keep referring to Darren Edmondson as EDMO but that's a moan for another day

I hope Darren Edmondson rides out the current storm. He comes across as a genuine nice Cumbrian bloke. I hope he's got what it takes to deliver us into the promised land of the Football League in the next few years but if he doesn't, I think his actions over the last few days have shown Paul Casson has clearly got the bottle, and perhaps more importantly the willingness to act.
Last edited by Colin Appleton on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

themaster
Bronze Member
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:38 am
Location: Ulverston
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.

Post by themaster » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:49 pm

You could have posted this in Darren Edmondson thread.

#JustSayin

User avatar
Steelworks End
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5959
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.

Post by Steelworks End » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:33 pm

themaster wrote:You could have posted this in Darren Edmondson thread.

#JustSayin
Or the Paul Casson one?

User avatar
Cringle
Veteran Member
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:32 am
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.

Post by Cringle » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Or the Millwall one!
:scarf: :skill: :scarf: :skill:

Blue and white
Senior Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.

Post by Blue and white » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:58 pm

Well said , Casson came in took over a team that would still be mid table in conference North , gave Edmo a healthy budget in both Conf North and Conf , put the club full time , his aim is too go for league football within 2 years of getting in the the Conference . He is also going through plans/ talks too see how we should best develop the ground , Casson has been in the door 5 mins and its so far so good !

sprinfield_quark
New Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.

Post by sprinfield_quark » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:15 pm

Image
" I am giving Darren Edmondson this much of a chance ".

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7130
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.

Post by blue nige » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:37 pm

Colin Appleton wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong but on Saturday night following the defeat at Fylde I was under the impression that this forum went into meltdown with ninety percent of the posts shouting for Darren Edmondson to be sacked and suggesting Paul Casson wouldn't act.

Twenty four hours later after giving a couple of media interviews where Paul Casson outlined that Darren Edmondson has effectively been given a month to turn things around, the forum goes into another meltdown suggesting our saviour from across the pond is being too ruthless.

So if Paul Casson hadn't acted he would have been criticised, yet when he does he still is. It must be great being a football chairman.

I've always been a big fan of Paul Casson because the bloke has put his money where his mouth is but what has impressed me most is that just when you think he's losing his edge he acts. I think he's latest move is brilliant. He has sent a clear message out to everyone associated with the club that he's not happy with the way things are going and change is required. I don't for one minute think he wants to get rid of Darren Edmondson, far from it, if he had, he would have been long gone by now.

I think a lot of fans felt the Edmondson / Casson relationship was too close, and that Paul Casson wouldn't act. Talking of close relationships I find it incredibly unprofessional of BBC Radio Cumbria to keep referring to Darren Edmondson as EDMO but that's a moan for another day

I hope Darren Edmondson rides out the current storm. He comes across as a genuine nice Cumbrian bloke. I hope he's got what it takes to deliver us into the promised land of the Football League in the next few years but if he doesn't, I think his actions over the last few days have shown Paul Casson has clearly got the bottle, and perhaps more importantly the willingness to act.
appreciate if you would put you`r own name on this thread Paul!

So why no mention of the proposed steering group for the ground development?

Why no mention of the total joke that is the merchandising?

Why no mention of the criteria for signing players i.e.buying into the dream?

no mention of the meeting in America to ratify the transfer policy!

"saviour" yes for now,but if he (you) leave where`s the strategy to carry on?

Trouble is now by saying he`s got a month (edmo)it leaves everthing in the air what will the players think now?where does this ridiculous statement leave the fans what`s the baseline for success or better still let the forum decide or hey let`s go to the evening mail and have a poll! :(

Colin Appleton
Senior Member
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.

Post by Colin Appleton » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:03 pm

Blue Nige,
Great post so you're suggesting that because I'm writing a post praising Paul Casson I must be him. Please get real

tictactoe
Platinum Member
Posts: 3546
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.

Post by tictactoe » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:11 pm

We are no way going to be a league club in a couple of years, another too high aspiration by our chairman imo
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it

Moribund
Platinum Member
Posts: 2686
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.

Post by Moribund » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:20 pm

Yeah, why aim to get promoted?...

ant
Gold Member
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: Popular side
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.

Post by ant » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:19 am

Colin Appleton wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong but on Saturday night following the defeat at Fylde I was under the impression that this forum went into meltdown with ninety percent of the posts shouting for Darren Edmondson to be sacked and suggesting Paul Casson wouldn't act.

Twenty four hours later after giving a couple of media interviews where Paul Casson outlined that Darren Edmondson has effectively been given a month to turn things around, the forum goes into another meltdown suggesting our saviour from across the pond is being too ruthless.

So if Paul Casson hadn't acted he would have been criticised, yet when he does he still is. It must be great being a football chairman.

I've always been a big fan of Paul Casson because the bloke has put his money where his mouth is but what has impressed me most is that just when you think he's losing his edge he acts. I think he's latest move is brilliant. He has sent a clear message out to everyone associated with the club that he's not happy with the way things are going and change is required. I don't for one minute think he wants to get rid of Darren Edmondson, far from it, if he had, he would have been long gone by now.

I think a lot of fans felt the Edmondson / Casson relationship was too close, and that Paul Casson wouldn't act. Talking of close relationships I find it incredibly unprofessional of BBC Radio Cumbria to keep referring to Darren Edmondson as EDMO but that's a moan for another day

I hope Darren Edmondson rides out the current storm. He comes across as a genuine nice Cumbrian bloke. I hope he's got what it takes to deliver us into the promised land of the Football League in the next few years but if he doesn't, I think his actions over the last few days have shown Paul Casson has clearly got the bottle, and perhaps more importantly the willingness to act.
Great post! Wrong thread or not, get over it!
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 16 3/4 :skill:

ant
Gold Member
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: Popular side
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.

Post by ant » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:39 am

blue nige wrote:
Colin Appleton wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong but on Saturday night following the defeat at Fylde I was under the impression that this forum went into meltdown with ninety percent of the posts shouting for Darren Edmondson to be sacked and suggesting Paul Casson wouldn't act.

Twenty four hours later after giving a couple of media interviews where Paul Casson outlined that Darren Edmondson has effectively been given a month to turn things around, the forum goes into another meltdown suggesting our saviour from across the pond is being too ruthless.

So if Paul Casson hadn't acted he would have been criticised, yet when he does he still is. It must be great being a football chairman.

I've always been a big fan of Paul Casson because the bloke has put his money where his mouth is but what has impressed me most is that just when you think he's losing his edge he acts. I think he's latest move is brilliant. He has sent a clear message out to everyone associated with the club that he's not happy with the way things are going and change is required. I don't for one minute think he wants to get rid of Darren Edmondson, far from it, if he had, he would have been long gone by now.

I think a lot of fans felt the Edmondson / Casson relationship was too close, and that Paul Casson wouldn't act. Talking of close relationships I find it incredibly unprofessional of BBC Radio Cumbria to keep referring to Darren Edmondson as EDMO but that's a moan for another day

I hope Darren Edmondson rides out the current storm. He comes across as a genuine nice Cumbrian bloke. I hope he's got what it takes to deliver us into the promised land of the Football League in the next few years but if he doesn't, I think his actions over the last few days have shown Paul Casson has clearly got the bottle, and perhaps more importantly the willingness to act.
appreciate if you would put you`r own name on this thread Paul!

So why no mention of the proposed steering group for the ground development?

Why no mention of the total joke that is the merchandising?

Why no mention of the criteria for signing players i.e.buying into the dream?

no mention of the meeting in America to ratify the transfer policy!

"saviour" yes for now,but if he (you) leave where`s the strategy to carry on?

Trouble is now by saying he`s got a month (edmo)it leaves everthing in the air what will the players think now?where does this ridiculous statement leave the fans what`s the baseline for success or better still let the forum decide or hey let`s go to the evening mail and have a poll! :(
Blue Nige get a grip man! Embarrassing! Edmo has a month to get some decent performances together! Is that too much to ask? Fans know exactly what is expected! Players know what is expected! Its not rocket science? What is left in the air? :?
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 16 3/4 :skill:

whitty1969
Platinum Member
Posts: 2937
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.

Post by whitty1969 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:52 am

Colin Appleton wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong but on Saturday night following the defeat at Fylde I was under the impression that this forum went into meltdown with ninety percent of the posts shouting for Darren Edmondson to be sacked and suggesting Paul Casson wouldn't act.

Twenty four hours later after giving a couple of media interviews where Paul Casson outlined that Darren Edmondson has effectively been given a month to turn things around, the forum goes into another meltdown suggesting our saviour from across the pond is being too ruthless.

So if Paul Casson hadn't acted he would have been criticised, yet when he does he still is. It must be great being a football chairman.

I've always been a big fan of Paul Casson because the bloke has put his money where his mouth is but what has impressed me most is that just when you think he's losing his edge he acts. I think he's latest move is brilliant. He has sent a clear message out to everyone associated with the club that he's not happy with the way things are going and change is required. I don't for one minute think he wants to get rid of Darren Edmondson, far from it, if he had, he would have been long gone by now.

I think a lot of fans felt the Edmondson / Casson relationship was too close, and that Paul Casson wouldn't act. Talking of close relationships I find it incredibly unprofessional of BBC Radio Cumbria to keep referring to Darren Edmondson as EDMO but that's a moan for another day

I hope Darren Edmondson rides out the current storm. He comes across as a genuine nice Cumbrian bloke. I hope he's got what it takes to deliver us into the promised land of the Football League in the next few years but if he doesn't, I think his actions over the last few days have shown Paul Casson has clearly got the bottle, and perhaps more importantly the willingness to act.
Yep. A really good post. Agree totally. If it was my money going in Edmo wouldn't be here now. As it stands we all know what needs to happen. I hope he pulls it around. Looking at the fixtures its a tall ask.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:09 am

ant wrote:
blue nige wrote: appreciate if you would put you`r own name on this thread Paul!

So why no mention of the proposed steering group for the ground development?

Why no mention of the total joke that is the merchandising?

Why no mention of the criteria for signing players i.e.buying into the dream?

no mention of the meeting in America to ratify the transfer policy!

"saviour" yes for now,but if he (you) leave where`s the strategy to carry on?

Trouble is now by saying he`s got a month (edmo)it leaves everthing in the air what will the players think now?where does this ridiculous statement leave the fans what`s the baseline for success or better still let the forum decide or hey let`s go to the evening mail and have a poll! :(
Blue Nige get a grip man! Embarrassing! Edmo has a month to get some decent performances together! Is that too much to ask? Fans know exactly what is expected! Players know what is expected! Its not rocket science? What is left in the air? :?
Did you listen to the Radio Cumbria interview?

Mark Boyd asked Even if Edmo does well in the next four games what happens if its back to normal the month after. I cant remember the reply word for word but it wasn't very convincing.

The general feeling I got was Edmo has to win all the games we play this month and do it with style. Losses even in the next two games will simply not do.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7130
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Paul Casson has what it takes.

Post by blue nige » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:21 am

Colin Appleton wrote:Blue Nige,
Great post so you're suggesting that because I'm writing a post praising Paul Casson I must be him. Please get real
cheers ,i just wanted to point out that everyone is learning and this season will be a roller coaster ride,i just want things putting in prospective and less get things back to "normal"!




I you are not PC then you are pretty close to him re- all your threads are checking how the club is going and seeking the fans views/thoughts!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barrow1987, Big_Bluebird, grammaroldboy and 33 guests