Atherston Matters

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
audigex
Platinum Member
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:10 am
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by audigex » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:27 pm

Did Elaine just offer Barrowfan fisticuffs?
"I'm aware of the rules of Association Football, I merely choose to suspend them when my own team is involved" - Steve Herbert, 2011

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Holkerbird » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:52 pm

3 found guilty, two not guilty, and the 6th is still under consideration.
All to be sentenced together along with the previous miscreants.
At long last it is coming to an end.

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Holkerbird » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:57 pm

audigex wrote:Did Elaine just offer Barrowfan fisticuffs?
No, she will just get her hair pulled Jon.

Jameston1
Veteran Member
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Jameston1 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:55 pm

am I right in thinking some were due to be sentenced today? anyone know any info?

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4101
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Bingo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:04 am

More sentenced over the next two days - if you search some of them on social media you can find some info -

Jameston1
Veteran Member
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Jameston1 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:06 am

yeah I was just doing that. i see at least one from today was sent down

Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5367
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Matty » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:08 am

For how long?
Popular side since '03.

Chris Benoit
Gold Member
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Chris Benoit » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:24 am

Everyone who appeared yesterday was jailed for a minimum of 21 months. Expect harsher sentences today as these ones took the case to trial first.
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.

If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4101
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Bingo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:17 am

http://www.tamworthherald.co.uk/jailed- ... story.html

I felt quite pleased when I first saw this - it was a horrible disturbing day - I honestly at the time feared someone would be killed, I am glad justice is being served but there is a twinge of sadness too - these lads have ruined their lives for what? It all rather sad really.

User avatar
Thelandlord
Senior Member
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Thelandlord » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:31 am

Most of them who go to prison will come out and struggle will to find work and probably spend the rest of their lives on the dole. I hope it was worth it for them. I think prison is a bit much, if they kicked off in a pub then it would just be a big fine and community service, seems they have got made an example of because it was in a football ground.

JimmyCrabstick
Gold Member
Posts: 1635
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Thornton-Cleveleys
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by JimmyCrabstick » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:59 am

[SwearFilter] the lot of them. Attacking old men and stealing flags off young girls. Don't feel sorry for them one bit.
Northern Lights, Ormsgill Reservoir Sundown

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Wintergreen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:01 pm

Thelandlord wrote:Most of them who go to prison will come out and struggle will to find work and probably spend the rest of their lives on the dole. I hope it was worth it for them. I think prison is a bit much, if they kicked off in a pub then it would just be a big fine and community service, seems they have got made an example of because it was in a football ground.
I think you're right.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

Shaun
Gold Member
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by Shaun » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:17 pm

Is that them all now, or are some still to be sentenced?
"Walter, I'm sure there's a reason you brought your dirty undies..."

User avatar
John Very Little
Platinum Member
Posts: 4136
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 am
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by John Very Little » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:43 pm

Thelandlord wrote:Most of them who go to prison will come out and struggle will to find work and probably spend the rest of their lives on the dole. I hope it was worth it for them. I think prison is a bit much, if they kicked off in a pub then it would just be a big fine and community service, seems they have got made an example of because it was in a football ground.
I think it seems harsh as in this case it's pretty safe to say it was pre-meditated and they intended to do what they did because they had to run across the pitch to get to the Barrow fans and subs. In addition the attention the incident has received in the national press probably means they'll get the sentence they deserve in order to send a message to others, rather than just a slap on the wrist that some crimes get. Happy that they're being dealt with in this way after what our fans went through on that day at Atherstone.

corner 91
Veteran Member
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:38 pm
Location: Costa Del Walney
Contact:

Re: Atherston Matters

Post by corner 91 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Shaun wrote:Is that them all now, or are some still to be sentenced?
There are more being sentenced today and tomorrow.

Post Reply