Atherston Matters
Re: Atherston Matters
Did Elaine just offer Barrowfan fisticuffs?
"I'm aware of the rules of Association Football, I merely choose to suspend them when my own team is involved" - Steve Herbert, 2011
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
3 found guilty, two not guilty, and the 6th is still under consideration.
All to be sentenced together along with the previous miscreants.
At long last it is coming to an end.
All to be sentenced together along with the previous miscreants.
At long last it is coming to an end.
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
No, she will just get her hair pulled Jon.audigex wrote:Did Elaine just offer Barrowfan fisticuffs?
Re: Atherston Matters
am I right in thinking some were due to be sentenced today? anyone know any info?
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4100
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
More sentenced over the next two days - if you search some of them on social media you can find some info -
Re: Atherston Matters
yeah I was just doing that. i see at least one from today was sent down
-
Chris Benoit
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1768
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
Everyone who appeared yesterday was jailed for a minimum of 21 months. Expect harsher sentences today as these ones took the case to trial first.
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4100
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
http://www.tamworthherald.co.uk/jailed- ... story.html
I felt quite pleased when I first saw this - it was a horrible disturbing day - I honestly at the time feared someone would be killed, I am glad justice is being served but there is a twinge of sadness too - these lads have ruined their lives for what? It all rather sad really.
I felt quite pleased when I first saw this - it was a horrible disturbing day - I honestly at the time feared someone would be killed, I am glad justice is being served but there is a twinge of sadness too - these lads have ruined their lives for what? It all rather sad really.
- Thelandlord
- Senior Member
- Posts: 344
- Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
Most of them who go to prison will come out and struggle will to find work and probably spend the rest of their lives on the dole. I hope it was worth it for them. I think prison is a bit much, if they kicked off in a pub then it would just be a big fine and community service, seems they have got made an example of because it was in a football ground.
-
JimmyCrabstick
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:09 pm
- Location: Thornton-Cleveleys
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
[SwearFilter] the lot of them. Attacking old men and stealing flags off young girls. Don't feel sorry for them one bit.
Northern Lights, Ormsgill Reservoir Sundown
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
I think you're right.Thelandlord wrote:Most of them who go to prison will come out and struggle will to find work and probably spend the rest of their lives on the dole. I hope it was worth it for them. I think prison is a bit much, if they kicked off in a pub then it would just be a big fine and community service, seems they have got made an example of because it was in a football ground.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
Re: Atherston Matters
Is that them all now, or are some still to be sentenced?
"Walter, I'm sure there's a reason you brought your dirty undies..."
- John Very Little
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4136
- Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 am
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
I think it seems harsh as in this case it's pretty safe to say it was pre-meditated and they intended to do what they did because they had to run across the pitch to get to the Barrow fans and subs. In addition the attention the incident has received in the national press probably means they'll get the sentence they deserve in order to send a message to others, rather than just a slap on the wrist that some crimes get. Happy that they're being dealt with in this way after what our fans went through on that day at Atherstone.Thelandlord wrote:Most of them who go to prison will come out and struggle will to find work and probably spend the rest of their lives on the dole. I hope it was worth it for them. I think prison is a bit much, if they kicked off in a pub then it would just be a big fine and community service, seems they have got made an example of because it was in a football ground.
-
corner 91
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:38 pm
- Location: Costa Del Walney
- Contact:
Re: Atherston Matters
There are more being sentenced today and tomorrow.Shaun wrote:Is that them all now, or are some still to be sentenced?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Big_Bluebird, Scott5 and 21 guests