Commercial Manager leaves

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Shop

Post by GTBLUE » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:49 pm

barrowfan_chris wrote:Those Polos are a [SwearFilter] disgrace and an insult to the fans. Wouldn't be seen dead in one of those and my dress sense is awful.

The players and staff walk around in decent freebies whilst the club take the long suffering fans for a ride.

Its quality not quantity and employ someone who knows what they are doing not an old has been mate or your son FFS.

Sort it out Casson.
They are ok for waving trains off Chris !!!!
I think your dtrss sense is ok for someone who gets dressed in the dark. :lol:

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Shop

Post by GTBLUE » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:10 pm

We were also told a smaller tent was going to be put up for "the fans" What happened to that as well !!!! Fans, Mr. Casson , we ARE Barrow AFC. We have been here forever. You might be the owner and you can do as you want. But you are a visitor and will one day walk away. You say lots of stuff in the press about all your plans for our great club.Some things cant be done overnight, accepted. But, in all seriousness, you have ignored the fans at just about every stage.Even Mr Straker said he missed a trick about merchsndising, what sort of buiseness man is he supposed to be! I could go on, but I dare'nt.
I only write this because I care.

whitty1969
Platinum Member
Posts: 2937
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Shop

Post by whitty1969 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:44 pm

GTBLUE wrote:We were also told a smaller tent was going to be put up for "the fans" What happened to that as well !!!! Fans, Mr. Casson , we ARE Barrow AFC. We have been here forever. You might be the owner and you can do as you want. But you are a visitor and will one day walk away. You say lots of stuff in the press about all your plans for our great club.Some things cant be done overnight, accepted. But, in all seriousness, you have ignored the fans at just about every stage.Even Mr Straker said he missed a trick about merchsndising, what sort of buiseness man is he supposed to be! I could go on, but I dare'nt.
I only write this because I care.
Out of Order :sentoff:

User avatar
glasgow_blue
Silver Member
Posts: 1385
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 am
Location: The Barra
Contact:

Re: Shop

Post by glasgow_blue » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:58 pm

GTBLUE wrote:We were also told a smaller tent was going to be put up for "the fans" What happened to that as well !!!! Fans, Mr. Casson , we ARE Barrow AFC. We have been here forever. You might be the owner and you can do as you want. But you are a visitor and will one day walk away. You say lots of stuff in the press about all your plans for our great club.Some things cant be done overnight, accepted. But, in all seriousness, you have ignored the fans at just about every stage.Even Mr Straker said he missed a trick about merchsndising, what sort of buiseness man is he supposed to be! I could go on, but I dare'nt.
I only write this because I care.
Well said, we are a bit of joke off the pitch tbh and yes we will be here long after Mr Casson rides off into the sunset
Nil Carborundum Illegitimi

patrickstarfish
Silver Member
Posts: 1293
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:50 pm
Location: Republic of Mancunia

Re: Shop

Post by patrickstarfish » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:53 pm

GTBLUE wrote:We were also told a smaller tent was going to be put up for "the fans" What happened to that as well !!!! Fans, Mr. Casson , we ARE Barrow AFC. We have been here forever. You might be the owner and you can do as you want. But you are a visitor and will one day walk away. You say lots of stuff in the press about all your plans for our great club.Some things cant be done overnight, accepted. But, in all seriousness, you have ignored the fans at just about every stage.Even Mr Straker said he missed a trick about merchsndising, what sort of buiseness man is he supposed to be! I could go on, but I dare'nt.
I only write this because I care.
Top post.
What would Jesus do?

barrowaberdeen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9034
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Independent Newbarns

Re: Shop

Post by barrowaberdeen » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:18 pm


User avatar
ruins
Platinum Member
Posts: 3536
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:17 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Shop

Post by ruins » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:22 am

I reckon if you want to sell cheap shite you dont take the [SwearFilter] out of fans. Get a load of fruit of the loom £1 shop tee shirts and print a pic of cowps on it. Cost max £1.50/£2 and sell for £5 for a laugh on matchday. However we have a following of very well dressed fans, many as KH said wear polos, myself included but fucck me, you cannot sell that to a customer. i worked in better at maccys in 1996.

Just a point: I drive past AFC Fyldes new spot each day and it looks [SwearFilter] good, they also have a club shop in Wesham (Kirkham and) which is about the siza of the rugby shop that used to be on scott st? maybe is still? But they knock out clobber for a lot less. I asked about some stuff as i am on placement nearby and they said if i wanted a shirt for this season or any clothing i would get a 30% discount if i had a child in the local area in school. AFCF also do all the PE in the area FOC. Free tickets for every school woth FY postcode. i am in a school with less than 120 kids, they come twice a week to run not just football sessions but health and safety too.

They are miles ahead of us commercially and in relation to community.

Excuse my spelling and punctuality im drunk in an all inclusive hotel in Blackpool.
"F*cking Ribble" - Steve Herbert 26/4/09

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Shop

Post by Adam29 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:57 am

Never mind fylde daz.
The rugby who havent got a pot to [SwearFilter] in knock spots off us commercially.
go in the ambrose on a match day and theres people on replica shirts, polo shirts, jackets etc.

Under our regime they would all be staff members.
its a complete farce and needs sorting big time

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4100
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Shop

Post by Bingo » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:01 am

The merchandise is crap - off the field commercially and in the community someone needs to take the club by the scruff of the neck

Would like to see some master plan for the future - I have faith in both PC's to move the club forward - off the pitch we are little different to how we've been for a number of years - crap

I do think some on here are over reacting ok it's crap but it's not the end of the world I appreciate people care tho

User avatar
ruins
Platinum Member
Posts: 3536
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:17 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Shop

Post by ruins » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:16 am

Adam29 wrote:Never mind fylde daz.
The rugby who havent got a pot to [SwearFilter] in knock spots off us commercially.
go in the ambrose on a match day and theres people on replica shirts, polo shirts, jackets etc.

Under our regime they would all be staff members.
its a complete farce and needs sorting big time
True mate. And we must surely have the coffers to match AFCF? The lads that come into school are proper decent ones. Say about 19-21 yrs who maybe didnt make it into the first team. Yet the club runs stuff in a radius of about 15 miles. There is a lad at my school who plays for Liverpool u 11s. AFCF have him training with the youth team there and they are in constant contact with LFC about him.

I will be honest and tell you i applied for the CM job. I sent my CV in and as of yet heard nothing. Im not saying i could do that job Ad but i reckon a person with experience like myself in sales and marketing may have been a better choice than the guy who gets it? Im not saying ME just someone who knows something about business and marketing. Who the [SwearFilter] do they want? What criteria?

I spoke to Chief and Charlie about this en route to Gateshead, and non of us came up with any answer!

Do you want a young lad that worked for the bay radio selling nothing in ad space? Or someone who knows the club? We had a good CM in Genman who had good ideas.

We can be good, we should be great.
"F*cking Ribble" - Steve Herbert 26/4/09

User avatar
ruins
Platinum Member
Posts: 3536
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:17 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Shop

Post by ruins » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:21 am

Bingo wrote:The merchandise is crap - off the field commercially and in the community someone needs to take the club by the scruff of the neck

Would like to see some master plan for the future - I have faith in both PC's to move the club forward - off the pitch we are little different to how we've been for a number of years - crap

I do think some on here are over reacting ok it's crap but it's not the end of the world I appreciate people care tho
Good timing mate :D

Its not the end of the world but if i used PCs service in the USA and it was poor i wouldnt be happy. Maybe a bad comparison.

Anyhoo. Just heard "teenage kicks" on an advert so im off to drown in more free Blackpool hotel all inc beer!!!
"F*cking Ribble" - Steve Herbert 26/4/09

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Shop

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:36 am

This new CM needs to be the best candidate for the job not the one that knows the owner the best.

When he started putting family and friends in charge I knew it would be a disaster. Most people on here said that if they wanted a business run then they'd do the same and would want those closest to them to help run it.
What a bad idea thats been for the past 18 months +

Theres massive potential. Theres literally a new group of potential supporters every year when the season starts and theres no one at the club capable of tapping into that. AFC Fylde know exactly how to do it, the rugby know exactly how to do it.

Barrow AFC is different. Theres a very half arsed belief in " build it and they will come". They expect the fans to just turn up to Barrow without any outreach or any prompt , then questions arise at board level when the gates are low or nothing sells in the shop and say things like " Rome wasn't built in a day" and " We have learned from our mistakes so lets buy a load of really shit £5 polo tops and try and pawn them off to supporters because that will definitely work".
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Shop

Post by Wintergreen » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:37 am

Like a lot of people in the locality I finish at lunchtime on a Friday and thought I'd go and look at the fabled waterproof jackets mentioned earlier in the thread. On arrival at the club the shop was in darkness, I asked a bloke at the reception about the jackets and he said that they had gone away for branding and to try again next week.

I'm no expert but perhaps it would have been better to do that first, then put them on display? If Dodger was involved with the shop, I would have been joining a queue Friday afternoon - not looking for the light switch!
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

mr_grey
Veteran Member
Posts: 740
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Shop

Post by mr_grey » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:43 am

Think twitter said that info would be available on saturday.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Shop

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:47 am

Wintergreen wrote:Like a lot of people in the locality I finish at lunchtime on a Friday and thought I'd go and look at the fabled waterproof jackets mentioned earlier in the thread. On arrival at the club the shop was in darkness, I asked a bloke at the reception about the jackets and he said that they had gone away for branding and to try again next week.

I'm no expert but perhaps it would have been better to do that first, then put them on display? If Dodger was involved with the shop, I would have been joining a queue Friday afternoon - not looking for the light switch!

Yet the clubs twitter account tells us that there is a delivery time which is hoped to be 2-3 weeks.

Have they arrived and been sent to be branded or are they awaiting delivery? Do people put their names down or just keep coming back to the club every week until they show up?

So many mixed messages going on up there , no one knows whats actually going on do they ?
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests