BAFC updates

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: BAFC updates

Post by boyliegladbach » Wed May 11, 2016 3:09 pm

Adam29 wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered but any idea on when the shirts will be released for next season?
I remember seeing a while back that they would be available quite early
Wouldnt mind getting one before i go away if they are available (in the appropriate sizes that is ha)
You'll only need a medium after last Saturday adam

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: BAFC updates

Post by spirit of 1990 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:30 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote:
Adam29 wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered but any idea on when the shirts will be released for next season?
I remember seeing a while back that they would be available quite early
Wouldnt mind getting one before i go away if they are available (in the appropriate sizes that is ha)
Trying to find out now Adam, get back as soon I hear anything.
End of May/start of June are the dates given Adam.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: BAFC updates

Post by Adam29 » Wed May 11, 2016 4:19 pm

Good to know. Should hopefully be ok to get one before i go then. Cheers for the quick reply

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: BAFC updates

Post by boyliegladbach » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:05 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Really, was this always the plan? Especially after all the work (and expense) undertaken during the close season)?
It's not as serious as it sounds Ralph. I think it involves skimming the grass tops off with a thin layer of top soil but leaving the grass roots in place (Gareth did tell me what this does but I've forgotten, I'll find out though) Another plus to doing this is it'll rectify a hollow on the pitch.
This pitch thing happening Ian?
Looked exactly the same when I saw it other day.

whitty1969
Platinum Member
Posts: 2937
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
Contact:

Re: BAFC updates

Post by whitty1969 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:19 pm

Sanded, seeded and now being watered....

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: BAFC updates

Post by boyliegladbach » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:21 pm

whitty1969 wrote:Sanded, seeded and now being watered....
So is that a yes or no?

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: BAFC updates

Post by spirit of 1990 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:26 pm

boyliegladbach wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote:
It's not as serious as it sounds Ralph. I think it involves skimming the grass tops off with a thin layer of top soil but leaving the grass roots in place (Gareth did tell me what this does but I've forgotten, I'll find out though) Another plus to doing this is it'll rectify a hollow on the pitch.
This pitch thing happening Ian?
Looked exactly the same when I saw it other day.
It's been scaled down Al but Gareth is still doing a lot of pre-season type work on it, I'm not too sure what it is but I can ask him for the details if you want.

To be honest, and to my very untrained eyes, the pitch was/is fine, it's still basically the one that won the award the other year so I was a bit surprised there was mention of anything other than maintenance work on it anyway. Far more important stuff with the floodlights, toilets & main stand in my opinion.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: BAFC updates

Post by boyliegladbach » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:32 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote:
boyliegladbach wrote:
This pitch thing happening Ian?
Looked exactly the same when I saw it other day.
It's been scaled down Al but Gareth is still doing a lot of pre-season type work on it, I'm not too sure what it is but I can ask him for the details if you want.

To be honest, and to my very untrained eyes, the pitch was/is fine, it's still basically the one that won the award the other year so I was a bit surprised there was mention of anything other than maintenance work on it anyway. Far more important stuff with the floodlights, toilets & main stand in my opinion.
No I'm not that bothered was just wondering,

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: BAFC updates

Post by spirit of 1990 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:38 am

Quite a large amount of scaffolding going up under the main stand yesterday ahead of any work due in the coming weeks.

I have some pictures if anyone can pop them up on here, PM me an e-mail address and I'll send them over.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8192
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: BAFC updates

Post by Ste Story » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:01 am

spirit of 1990 wrote:It's been scaled down
Like pretty much everything else then...
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: BAFC updates

Post by boyliegladbach » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:23 am

spirit of 1990 wrote:Quite a large amount of scaffolding going up under the main stand yesterday ahead of any work due in the coming weeks.

I have some pictures if anyone can pop them up on here, PM me an e-mail address and I'll send them over.
Saw that going up.
Will it be down by Saturday

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: BAFC updates

Post by Kieran » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:41 am

Ste Story wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote:It's been scaled down
Like pretty much everything else then...
Indeed!

Aside from investment in the team I don't see much evidence of any of the promises we were made actually being fulfilled. Disappointing.

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: BAFC updates

Post by Adam29 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:55 am

Wasnt impressed with the pitch too much saturday either. Every time the ball bounced a thick cloud of sand followed it. Was picked Up on many a time in the press box

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8192
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: BAFC updates

Post by Ste Story » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:20 am

Adam29 wrote:Was picked Up on many a time in the press box
Were you in the pressbox adam?
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: BAFC updates

Post by GTBLUE » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:30 pm

Adam29 wrote:Wasnt impressed with the pitch too much saturday either. Every time the ball bounced a thick cloud of sand followed it. Was picked Up on many a time in the press box
You're right about the pitch Adam. I thought I was at Roanhead ! As I shouted to you through the press box window, "What is someone who knows nothing about football doing in there " :lol:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big E and 18 guests