Paul Cox Hartlepool

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Post Reply
User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Thu May 25, 2017 9:21 pm

Moribund wrote:Oh, you've edited it since I read it this morning. My mistake.
Yeah the original one simply said " unfortunately not" see below that post as it was quoted.

Christ I shouldn't be doing your research for you. Sort it out!
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

tictactoe
Platinum Member
Posts: 3546
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by tictactoe » Thu May 25, 2017 9:32 pm

I think everyone's missing the main point here tbh - cox banged on last season about building a team here, wanting to progress to the league etc - why now is he wanting to go? Yes if anyone was offered the money etc they'd talk to new employers but I'm more bothered about what has changed his mind about here - lack of money to invest in the team ?
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it

Moribund
Platinum Member
Posts: 2686
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by Moribund » Thu May 25, 2017 9:33 pm

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
Moribund wrote:Oh, you've edited it since I read it this morning. My mistake.
Yeah the original one simply said " unfortunately not" see below that post as it was quoted.

Christ I shouldn't be doing your research for you. Sort it out!
I'm only trying to find find holes in your little story. I know that most of it is guesswork presented as fact, so it'll be interesting to see how close yours and Cox's stories are when it actually comes out.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Thu May 25, 2017 9:35 pm

Moribund wrote:
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
Yeah the original one simply said " unfortunately not" see below that post as it was quoted.

Christ I shouldn't be doing your research for you. Sort it out!
I'm only trying to find find holes in your little story. I know that most of it is guesswork presented as fact, so it'll be interesting to see how close yours and Cox's stories are when it actually comes out.
You sound like you are after a sieve mate.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by spirit of 1990 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:51 pm

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:You are correct.
Thank you.

Framed and kept for....basically the memory :)
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Thu May 25, 2017 10:02 pm

tictactoe wrote:I think everyone's missing the main point here tbh - cox banged on last season about building a team here, wanting to progress to the league etc - why now is he wanting to go? Yes if anyone was offered the money etc they'd talk to new employers but I'm more bothered about what has changed his mind about here - lack of money to invest in the team ?

Exactly right. This whole episode gives us the impression somethings not right.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Jo am back
Bronze Member
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by Jo am back » Thu May 25, 2017 10:09 pm

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
Moribund wrote:Oh, you've edited it since I read it this morning. My mistake.
Yeah the original one simply said " unfortunately not" see below that post as it was quoted.

Christ I shouldn't be doing your research for you. Sort it out!
You sound like you are after a sieve mate.[/quote]
Why don't you get the message, people are sick an tired of you. Your an absolute pain.Allways come back with some pathetic post,take the summer off and then find another forum to be the nuisance on. Lock him up officer.

Londonblue
Senior Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:32 am
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by Londonblue » Thu May 25, 2017 10:23 pm

tictactoe wrote:I think everyone's missing the main point here tbh - cox banged on last season about building a team here, wanting to progress to the league etc - why now is he wanting to go? Yes if anyone was offered the money etc they'd talk to new employers but I'm more bothered about what has changed his mind about here - lack of money to invest in the team ?
I'd take anything that anyone says in public with a pinch of salt. Most people will say what people want to hear. But will quite happily change their tune if the right opportunity comes along. Happens in business all the time.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Thu May 25, 2017 10:23 pm

Jo am back wrote: Why don't you get the message, people are sick an tired of you. Your an absolute pain.Allways come back with some pathetic post,take the summer off and then find another forum to be the nuisance on. Lock him up officer.

You're posts are getting better Jo. I can nearly read them now. Keep at those books mate!
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4100
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by Bingo » Thu May 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Maybe Paul Cox felt we could have made the play offs with more money being spent in Jan. I don't believe there is anything bad behind the scenes at Barrow. Maybe Paul Casson didn't want us to go up just yet and Paul Cox had been given a top 5 budget and Casson wasn't going to give him anymore.

I think we have a decent budget - good enough to reach the play offs.

Don't know where we go from here maybe some kind of statement from Paul Casson and Paul Cox.

mikemarshhewasgood
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by mikemarshhewasgood » Thu May 25, 2017 10:35 pm

This is just bollox! When a decent player chooses to go it's dissapointing, but when your manager touts himself to a club in the same division it's bollox. Let him go if that's what he wants. I'd rather see someone who wants and can do the job. Paul Casson needs to steady this ship asap. If and I mean if he goes, get a statement of intent out quickly

mickycarrol
Silver Member
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by mickycarrol » Thu May 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Worrying read this thread. Puts a lot of doubt into people's heads, I doubt Casson is funding us as much as Cox wants and I doubt Cox wants to be here as a result as he will want to compete for promotion.worrying times I'm afraid
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by boyliegladbach » Thu May 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Couple of Hartlepool fans still reckon cox could be there's. http://hufc1908.proboards.com/thread/57 ... r-annouced

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4100
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by Bingo » Thu May 25, 2017 10:49 pm

mickycarrol wrote:Worrying read this thread. Puts a lot of doubt into people's heads, I doubt Casson is funding us as much as Cox wants and I doubt Cox wants to be here as a result as he will want to compete for promotion.worrying times I'm afraid
I bet our budget Is in the top 5 - imagine what some of our previous managers could do with a budget like that.

mikemarshhewasgood
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by mikemarshhewasgood » Thu May 25, 2017 10:55 pm

No idea what the wages are but I'd bet that the bonuses are on a par with most top clubs in this league

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Barrow Hotspur, Big_Bluebird and 28 guests