Floodlights Update
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
I was sceptical at first but had a look at them yesterday and I think they look good too many luddites on this forum 
-
barrow-mike
- Senior Member
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 6:42 pm
- Location: barrow
Re: Floodlights Update
Those flood lights
Re: Floodlights Update
Drove past the ground tonight the two new poles with lights in situ on the popular side look finished and if they give out the right light levels as hopefully expected, look ok to be honest. Not iconic but functional is the words I'd use.
-
MikeRenney
- Senior Member
- Posts: 260
- Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:02 pm
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
Lights look okay a bit better than Burtons if I remember correctly. The old lights whilst looking more iconic had had their day. At least we can change a bulb without someone risking their life.
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
Why are there more lights on the Wilkie side than on the stand side. Are they putting light on the stand roof? Might have been mentioned previously.
-
BahamasBluebird
- Senior Member
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:42 pm
- Location: Funchal, Madeira
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
There are 4 lights on the Main Stand roof Graham, just finished today so I will put some photos on the club's facebook and twitter later. I would put them on here but I don't know how
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
Cheers, I was'nt sure if I was dreaming about lights on the roof .BahamasBluebird wrote: ↑Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:29 pmThere are 4 lights on the Main Stand roof Graham, just finished today so I will put some photos on the club's facebook and twitter later. I would put them on here but I don't know how![]()
-
thegaffer77
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3448
- Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
They look decent. Bit more slimline than the old ones mind you!
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
As long as they are"nt directed at the fans on the Wilkie side so they can't see. 
- Steelworks End
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Contact:
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
I thought the same after my post JohnSteelworks End wrote: ↑Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:46 pmThought that would be an advantage for some games, Graham!![]()
How are you down in that London, hope you are well.
-
Sefton Aubergine
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:04 am
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
Got to my first game this season and so had my first view of the floodlights. I have to say that I don't understand why they are not nearer to the corners and could only hinder any development of the two side stands. Only development of the two ends would not be affected by the position.
Re: Floodlights Update
Guess they are nearer to more of the playing surface there to improve light leaves in the centre circle?
THE NORTHERN WAY
Re: Floodlights Update
I thought this but I'm sure they could be repositioned in future. If everything moves down towards a new Crossbar End then freeing up room for a possible future redevelopment of the HSE that would put the floodlights at that end nearer the corners.Sefton Aubergine wrote: ↑Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:16 pm Got to my first game this season and so had my first view of the floodlights. I have to say that I don't understand why they are not nearer to the corners and could only hinder any development of the two side stands. Only development of the two ends would not be affected by the position.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Re: Floodlights Update
I passed the ground this morning and the heavy lifting gear had arrived to start taking down the old floodlight columns.