Floodlights Update

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Locked
blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7131
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by blue nige » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:36 am

I was sceptical at first but had a look at them yesterday and I think they look good too many luddites on this forum :lol:

barrow-mike
Senior Member
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 6:42 pm
Location: barrow

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by barrow-mike » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:15 pm

optomisticsupporter wrote: ↑Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:00 am
mall wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:50 pm Just drove past the ground.
Them new lights are looking good.
Those floodlights :sentoff:
Those flood lights :scarf:

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11318
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by McMark » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:14 pm

Drove past the ground tonight the two new poles with lights in situ on the popular side look finished and if they give out the right light levels as hopefully expected, look ok to be honest. Not iconic but functional is the words I'd use.

MikeRenney
Senior Member
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by MikeRenney » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:05 am

Lights look okay a bit better than Burtons if I remember correctly. The old lights whilst looking more iconic had had their day. At least we can change a bulb without someone risking their life.

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by GTBLUE » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:26 pm

Why are there more lights on the Wilkie side than on the stand side. Are they putting light on the stand roof? Might have been mentioned previously.

BahamasBluebird
Senior Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:42 pm
Location: Funchal, Madeira
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by BahamasBluebird » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:29 pm

GTBLUE wrote: ↑Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:26 pm Why are there more lights on the Wilkie side than on the stand side. Are they putting light on the stand roof? Might have been mentioned previously.
There are 4 lights on the Main Stand roof Graham, just finished today so I will put some photos on the club's facebook and twitter later. I would put them on here but I don't know how :lol:

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by GTBLUE » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:37 pm

BahamasBluebird wrote: ↑Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:29 pm
GTBLUE wrote: ↑Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:26 pm Why are there more lights on the Wilkie side than on the stand side. Are they putting light on the stand roof? Might have been mentioned previously.
There are 4 lights on the Main Stand roof Graham, just finished today so I will put some photos on the club's facebook and twitter later. I would put them on here but I don't know how :lol:
Cheers, I was'nt sure if I was dreaming about lights on the roof .

thegaffer77
Platinum Member
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by thegaffer77 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:07 pm

They look decent. Bit more slimline than the old ones mind you!
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by GTBLUE » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:20 pm

As long as they are"nt directed at the fans on the Wilkie side so they can't see. :lol:

User avatar
Steelworks End
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5959
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by Steelworks End » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:46 pm

GTBLUE wrote: ↑Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:20 pm As long as they are"nt directed at the fans on the Wilkie side so they can't see. :lol:
Thought that would be an advantage for some games, Graham! :)

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by GTBLUE » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:54 pm

Steelworks End wrote: ↑Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:46 pm
GTBLUE wrote: ↑Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:20 pm As long as they are"nt directed at the fans on the Wilkie side so they can't see. :lol:
Thought that would be an advantage for some games, Graham! :)
I thought the same after my post John :lol:

How are you down in that London, hope you are well.

Sefton Aubergine
Veteran Member
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by Sefton Aubergine » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:16 pm

Got to my first game this season and so had my first view of the floodlights. I have to say that I don't understand why they are not nearer to the corners and could only hinder any development of the two side stands. Only development of the two ends would not be affected by the position.

Hadrian
Platinum Member
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by Hadrian » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:38 pm

Guess they are nearer to more of the playing surface there to improve light leaves in the centre circle?
THE NORTHERN WAY

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11122
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by Jonty » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:02 pm

Sefton Aubergine wrote: ↑Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:16 pm Got to my first game this season and so had my first view of the floodlights. I have to say that I don't understand why they are not nearer to the corners and could only hinder any development of the two side stands. Only development of the two ends would not be affected by the position.
I thought this but I'm sure they could be repositioned in future. If everything moves down towards a new Crossbar End then freeing up room for a possible future redevelopment of the HSE that would put the floodlights at that end nearer the corners.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

cuffy
Veteran Member
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by cuffy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:26 am

I passed the ground this morning and the heavy lifting gear had arrived to start taking down the old floodlight columns.

Locked