17/18 VNL - Barrow 1 - 1 Torquay Utd

A forum for previous match threads.
Middleton Nick
Platinum Member
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by Middleton Nick » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:59 pm

Moussa felt his hamstring a couple of times. If he's out then we really are up the creek devoid of paddle.

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11321
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by McMark » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:07 pm

K-Man wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:22 pm I do feel a bit sorry for Moore. Seems like a decent bloke and who wouldn't jump at the prospect of job promotion. However it's becoming obvious that he's not the right man but could be the cheapest.
Decent genuine bloke, but it's the not working. He's had some bad luck and that doesn't appear to be changing for him. Today we were dire, walking football first half, lack of ideas second.
If the club are genuine in their ambitions of looking for a better fit and better manager than Paul Cox. Then the search surely must continue at a fast pace.

Middleton Nick
Platinum Member
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by Middleton Nick » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:23 pm

mickycarrol wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:13 pm Conference North with that squad without a shadow of a doubt, I don't see 4 weaker teams in this league so far!! Keep spouting off that your aiming for better than 7th Casson I think we've established you've made several false promises!!!!! Not a clue what I just witnessed for the last 2 hours but it was a shambles from when I walked in the ticket office and there were no programmes at 2pm???? JOKE the whole club on and off the park!!!
Two Torquay fans went into the club shop at 1415 for programmes.Sold out was the reply.

User avatar
Lowtower
Silver Member
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by Lowtower » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:27 pm

Middleton Nick wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:23 pm
mickycarrol wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:13 pm Conference North with that squad without a shadow of a doubt, I don't see 4 weaker teams in this league so far!! Keep spouting off that your aiming for better than 7th Casson I think we've established you've made several false promises!!!!! Not a clue what I just witnessed for the last 2 hours but it was a shambles from when I walked in the ticket office and there were no programmes at 2pm???? JOKE the whole club on and off the park!!!
Two Torquay fans went into the club shop at 1415 for programmes.Sold out was the reply.
There was no programmes available on the Holker Street end of the stand on Tuesday night when I came in.

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7135
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by blue nige » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:38 pm

What was the point of Moore's interview?
If he thinks the team showed character then he must have had a labotomy, you only have to listen to his interviews to work out he's a decent guy working in a cut throat league and I'm sorry but Casson needs to put him out of his misery because even the most loyal fans will not pay to watch crap lhe like of which was served up today!

andyg
Gold Member
Posts: 1596
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:13 pm
Location: Ex expat
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by andyg » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Perplexing. Saw Barrow for the first time this season against Boreham Wood and I was encouraged particularly as we won playing with 10 men for half the game. There was desire and commitment and a hunger to do well in that game. But today it was completely the opposite. Wonder if decisions regarding the manager have already been made because I thought the dugout looked very subdued and listening to Moore's interview on RC when driving home I felt he almost intimated his tenure was up - but I could be reading/listening into things I suppose. It seemed that Barrow did not know how to approach the game today they were hesitant and seemed to want to play the ball on the ground but didn't do anything with it. I thought Torquay were pretty woeful which tells you how bad we were.

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by Pedro » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:44 pm

blue nige wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:38 pm What was the point of Moore's interview?
If he thinks the team showed character then he must have had a labotomy, you only have to listen to his interviews to work out he's a decent guy working in a cut throat league and I'm sorry but Casson needs to put him out of his misery because even the most loyal fans will not pay to watch crap lhe like of which was served up today!
Yes but we have to the find the invisible man first?
He needs to use Twitter to keep us updated inline with his vision to be transparent in all dealings.

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by boyliegladbach » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:49 pm

Middleton Nick wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:23 pm
mickycarrol wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:13 pm Conference North with that squad without a shadow of a doubt, I don't see 4 weaker teams in this league so far!! Keep spouting off that your aiming for better than 7th Casson I think we've established you've made several false promises!!!!! Not a clue what I just witnessed for the last 2 hours but it was a shambles from when I walked in the ticket office and there were no programmes at 2pm???? JOKE the whole club on and off the park!!!
Two Torquay fans went into the club shop at 1415 for programmes.Sold out was the reply.
Unlucky should have arrived earlier

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11321
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by McMark » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:05 pm

No way near enough programmes ordered today and someone should be accountable rather than the volunteers that sell them

Middleton Nick
Platinum Member
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by Middleton Nick » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:07 pm

How many programmes do we actually order normally ?

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11321
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by McMark » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm

Looked at on a game by game basis and if Tuesday is poor then obviously Saturday will be as bad if not worse. :lol: :lol:

ossickbluebird
Veteran Member
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by ossickbluebird » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:53 pm

Really thinking about not going next Sat for the first time in a long time! Can totally live with a lack of quality, these are non-league players after all, but when there is very little effort as well..........!
I,ve watched some pretty dismal performances over the years but can't remember many games where there was so little fight and passion, and I think that comes from the manager.
Only heard Moore on RC but he sèems like a bloke you want to give a good shake, nice but totally devoid of any passion and vigour.
Said I would be happy with Moore & Bignot on the next managers poll, not so sure now

Middleton Nick
Platinum Member
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by Middleton Nick » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:55 pm

ossickbluebird wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:53 pm Really thinking about not going next Sat for the first time in a long time! Can totally live with a lack of quality, these are non-league players after all, but when there is very little effort as well..........!
I,ve watched some pretty dismal performances over the years but can't remember many games where there was so little fight and passion, and I think that comes from the manager.
Only heard Moore on RC but he sèems like a bloke you want to give a good shake, nice but totally devoid of any passion and vigour.
Said I would be happy with Moore & Bignot on the next managers poll, not so sure now
It is a long way to Sutton, but you have got to keep the faith. :D

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by boyliegladbach » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Well that was shocking.
We were awful, do any players care? Maybe dunne Moore jones nieskins but the rest show no interest, led by a supposed captain in Hall, bring back ARH as captain At least he cares.
Rest of team can [SwearFilter] right off

Fazered
Gold Member
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by Fazered » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:15 pm

Never thought I would say this but I can't wait for ARH to get back
Just say no to VAR :sentoff:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests