17/18 VNL - Barrow 1 - 1 Torquay Utd
-
Middleton Nick
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
- Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread
Moussa felt his hamstring a couple of times. If he's out then we really are up the creek devoid of paddle.
Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread
Decent genuine bloke, but it's the not working. He's had some bad luck and that doesn't appear to be changing for him. Today we were dire, walking football first half, lack of ideas second.
If the club are genuine in their ambitions of looking for a better fit and better manager than Paul Cox. Then the search surely must continue at a fast pace.
-
Middleton Nick
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
- Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread
Two Torquay fans went into the club shop at 1415 for programmes.Sold out was the reply.mickycarrol wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:13 pm Conference North with that squad without a shadow of a doubt, I don't see 4 weaker teams in this league so far!! Keep spouting off that your aiming for better than 7th Casson I think we've established you've made several false promises!!!!! Not a clue what I just witnessed for the last 2 hours but it was a shambles from when I walked in the ticket office and there were no programmes at 2pm???? JOKE the whole club on and off the park!!!
Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread
There was no programmes available on the Holker Street end of the stand on Tuesday night when I came in.Middleton Nick wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:23 pmTwo Torquay fans went into the club shop at 1415 for programmes.Sold out was the reply.mickycarrol wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:13 pm Conference North with that squad without a shadow of a doubt, I don't see 4 weaker teams in this league so far!! Keep spouting off that your aiming for better than 7th Casson I think we've established you've made several false promises!!!!! Not a clue what I just witnessed for the last 2 hours but it was a shambles from when I walked in the ticket office and there were no programmes at 2pm???? JOKE the whole club on and off the park!!!
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7136
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread
What was the point of Moore's interview?
If he thinks the team showed character then he must have had a labotomy, you only have to listen to his interviews to work out he's a decent guy working in a cut throat league and I'm sorry but Casson needs to put him out of his misery because even the most loyal fans will not pay to watch crap lhe like of which was served up today!
If he thinks the team showed character then he must have had a labotomy, you only have to listen to his interviews to work out he's a decent guy working in a cut throat league and I'm sorry but Casson needs to put him out of his misery because even the most loyal fans will not pay to watch crap lhe like of which was served up today!
Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread
Perplexing. Saw Barrow for the first time this season against Boreham Wood and I was encouraged particularly as we won playing with 10 men for half the game. There was desire and commitment and a hunger to do well in that game. But today it was completely the opposite. Wonder if decisions regarding the manager have already been made because I thought the dugout looked very subdued and listening to Moore's interview on RC when driving home I felt he almost intimated his tenure was up - but I could be reading/listening into things I suppose. It seemed that Barrow did not know how to approach the game today they were hesitant and seemed to want to play the ball on the ground but didn't do anything with it. I thought Torquay were pretty woeful which tells you how bad we were.
Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread
Yes but we have to the find the invisible man first?blue nige wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:38 pm What was the point of Moore's interview?
If he thinks the team showed character then he must have had a labotomy, you only have to listen to his interviews to work out he's a decent guy working in a cut throat league and I'm sorry but Casson needs to put him out of his misery because even the most loyal fans will not pay to watch crap lhe like of which was served up today!
He needs to use Twitter to keep us updated inline with his vision to be transparent in all dealings.
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread
Unlucky should have arrived earlierMiddleton Nick wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:23 pmTwo Torquay fans went into the club shop at 1415 for programmes.Sold out was the reply.mickycarrol wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:13 pm Conference North with that squad without a shadow of a doubt, I don't see 4 weaker teams in this league so far!! Keep spouting off that your aiming for better than 7th Casson I think we've established you've made several false promises!!!!! Not a clue what I just witnessed for the last 2 hours but it was a shambles from when I walked in the ticket office and there were no programmes at 2pm???? JOKE the whole club on and off the park!!!
Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread
No way near enough programmes ordered today and someone should be accountable rather than the volunteers that sell them
-
Middleton Nick
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
- Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread
How many programmes do we actually order normally ?
Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread
Looked at on a game by game basis and if Tuesday is poor then obviously Saturday will be as bad if not worse.

-
ossickbluebird
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 621
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread
Really thinking about not going next Sat for the first time in a long time! Can totally live with a lack of quality, these are non-league players after all, but when there is very little effort as well..........!
I,ve watched some pretty dismal performances over the years but can't remember many games where there was so little fight and passion, and I think that comes from the manager.
Only heard Moore on RC but he sèems like a bloke you want to give a good shake, nice but totally devoid of any passion and vigour.
Said I would be happy with Moore & Bignot on the next managers poll, not so sure now
I,ve watched some pretty dismal performances over the years but can't remember many games where there was so little fight and passion, and I think that comes from the manager.
Only heard Moore on RC but he sèems like a bloke you want to give a good shake, nice but totally devoid of any passion and vigour.
Said I would be happy with Moore & Bignot on the next managers poll, not so sure now
-
Middleton Nick
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
- Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread
It is a long way to Sutton, but you have got to keep the faith.ossickbluebird wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:53 pm Really thinking about not going next Sat for the first time in a long time! Can totally live with a lack of quality, these are non-league players after all, but when there is very little effort as well..........!
I,ve watched some pretty dismal performances over the years but can't remember many games where there was so little fight and passion, and I think that comes from the manager.
Only heard Moore on RC but he sèems like a bloke you want to give a good shake, nice but totally devoid of any passion and vigour.
Said I would be happy with Moore & Bignot on the next managers poll, not so sure now
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread
Well that was shocking.
We were awful, do any players care? Maybe dunne Moore jones nieskins but the rest show no interest, led by a supposed captain in Hall, bring back ARH as captain At least he cares.
Rest of team can [SwearFilter] right off
We were awful, do any players care? Maybe dunne Moore jones nieskins but the rest show no interest, led by a supposed captain in Hall, bring back ARH as captain At least he cares.
Rest of team can [SwearFilter] right off
Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread
Never thought I would say this but I can't wait for ARH to get back
Just say no to VAR 
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest