Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Locked

Who would you like to be the next Barrow manager?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Mickey Moore
16
6%
Marcus Bignot
28
11%
Grant Holt
81
33%
Richard Money
24
10%
Ronnie Moore
10
4%
Dave Bayliss
30
12%
Gary Brabin
23
9%
Steve Burr
5
2%
John Askey
6
2%
Other (please state)
25
10%
 
Total votes: 248

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

Post by boyliegladbach » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:15 pm

The Tomahawk Kid wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:08 pm

+ he has played at International level - that would impress any player he was managing.
No he hasn't .

User avatar
The Tomahawk Kid
Platinum Member
Posts: 3386
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
Location: Dingly Dell
Contact:

Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

Post by The Tomahawk Kid » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:28 pm

I think he has...

I've just checked - you're correct.
He must have been in the England squad but never got a game.
I'm sure I read a few seasons ago (might even have been on here) that he'd been added to the England squad...

A cracking striker in his day and didn't take any prisoners.
I'm sure he'd command respect from the team if he was in charge...
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid

User avatar
Lowtower
Silver Member
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

Post by Lowtower » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:33 pm

The Tomahawk Kid wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:28 pm I think he has...
I dont think he has.

User avatar
barrowfan_chris
Platinum Member
Posts: 3508
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
Contact:

Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

Post by barrowfan_chris » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Hes never been in the England squad.

User avatar
Lowtower
Silver Member
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

Post by Lowtower » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:37 pm

He might have watched an England game once ? ....

User avatar
The Tomahawk Kid
Platinum Member
Posts: 3386
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
Location: Dingly Dell
Contact:

Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

Post by The Tomahawk Kid » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:40 pm

barrowfan_chris wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:36 pm Hes never been in the England squad.
Pretty sure I read it somewhere. OR I must have dreamt it OR the info I read was inaccurate...
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8337
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

Post by HenneysKnee » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:41 pm

The Tomahawk Kid wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:08 pm There has to be a first time for everything and Holt was a favourite here + he has played at International level - that would impress any player he was managing.
Think your confusing Holty with Michael Ricketts

User avatar
The Tomahawk Kid
Platinum Member
Posts: 3386
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
Location: Dingly Dell
Contact:

Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

Post by The Tomahawk Kid » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:49 pm

No; I'm not - can't remember Michael Ricketts.

Anyway, keeping on track...
I think Holty would be good for the club.
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid

mall
Platinum Member
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

Post by mall » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Gavin Skelton.

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

Post by spirit of 1990 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:35 pm

The Tomahawk Kid wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:40 pm
barrowfan_chris wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:36 pm Hes never been in the England squad.
Pretty sure I read it somewhere. OR I must have dreamt it OR the info I read was inaccurate...
I can remember something along them lines TTK. Was it just before a major tournament and the England squad were pretty short up front because of injuries, and he was (if I remember correctly) one striker away from being in the squad that was taken? The year when Rooney got injured seems to ring a bell.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

User avatar
Nigel Bamford
Platinum Member
Posts: 2700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Between here and gone
Contact:

Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

Post by Nigel Bamford » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:41 pm

Euros 2012. He'd had a good season with Norwich and there was talk of him for Hodgson's squad. But it never got beyond talk.
It all comes 'round again.

JimmyCrabstick
Gold Member
Posts: 1635
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Thornton-Cleveleys
Contact:

Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

Post by JimmyCrabstick » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:28 pm

Was he not the top scoring "English" forward in the premier league at the time? Think he was or near to it. Maybe after Rooney?
Northern Lights, Ormsgill Reservoir Sundown

User avatar
glasgow_blue
Silver Member
Posts: 1385
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 am
Location: The Barra
Contact:

Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

Post by glasgow_blue » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:53 pm

JimmyCrabstick wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:28 pm Was he not the top scoring "English" forward in the premier league at the time? Think he was or near to it. Maybe after Rooney?
He got 15 thst season, don't know about Rooney.
Nil Carborundum Illegitimi

geobarrovian
Senior Member
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

Post by geobarrovian » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:24 pm

He didn't get anywhere near the England squad, I think it was a semi-sarcastic suggestion based on that time 34 year old Kevin Davies got called up.

mikemarshhewasgood
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL

Post by mikemarshhewasgood » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:35 pm

Was going to suggest Gary Stevens until I checked wiki

Locked