17/18 VNL - Barrow 1 - 1 Torquay Utd

A forum for previous match threads.
Moribund
Platinum Member
Posts: 2686
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by Moribund » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:39 pm

K-Man wrote: ↑Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:55 pm
Moribund wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:16 am

He's not THE problem, but he's a terrible excuse for a footballer.
That's just not true. Is that Moribund talking rubbish again ? Surely not!
Hang on, there are people out there who think he's not a terrible player???

John_Bucks
Gold Member
Posts: 2368
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by John_Bucks » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Moribund wrote: ↑Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:39 pm
K-Man wrote: ↑Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:55 pm

That's just not true. Is that Moribund talking rubbish again ? Surely not!
Hang on, there are people out there who think he's not a terrible player???
Yep. I'm one of them. I'm not sure where his best position is but I think he makes a difference when he comes on. I know it's only one example but his defence splitting pass for Bauress should have seen off Guiseley on Tuesday night.
Life is always better when it's better

K-Man
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5104
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: Qatar
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by K-Man » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:00 pm

I don't think he's a worldie but I don't think he's crap either. I think he has something about him and John Bucks said I dont know if he's a winger, out and out striker or a number 10. Give the lad a chance.

Moribund
Platinum Member
Posts: 2686
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by Moribund » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:59 pm

K-Man wrote: ↑Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:00 pm I don't think he's a worldie but I don't think he's crap either. I think he has something about him and John Bucks said I dont know if he's a winger, out and out striker or a number 10. Give the lad a chance.
Fair enough, if people have seen something in him. I've probably seen him play around 7-10 times now (including a couple of pre-season and some late run-outs last season) and can think of only about three times he's properly had the ball under control. To me he looks so far out of his depth, you'd think he was a kid.

(The last bit of action on the Saturday highlights sums him up, as far as I'm concerned)

Soulboy
Veteran Member
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:53 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by Soulboy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Which player will be next for focus?
We have young lads in squad.... developing.
They will get better.

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7133
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by blue nige » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:48 pm

K-Man wrote: ↑Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:00 pm I don't think he's a worldie but I don't think he's crap either. I think he has something about him and John Bucks said I dont know if he's a winger, out and out striker or a number 10. Give the lad a chance.
he needs to go out on loan because it`s just not happening for him, he looks devoid of any confidence!

Soulboy
Veteran Member
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:53 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by Soulboy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:55 pm

If he reads on here no wonder. Give the kid a break ffs

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by Wintergreen » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:33 am

Okay he is young but he is an international footballer who came from Leicester City and whose nickname is 'The Net Ripper' apparently, so you might reasonably expect a lot more from him at our level.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

Chris Benoit
Gold Member
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

Post by Chris Benoit » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:20 am

He will absolutely be the first one shown the door once we can shift his massive wage off the books. The guy tries but let's be honest he is turd.
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.

If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest