Grant Holt
Re: Grant Holt
This is a show of intent that I personally needed from the cassons. Faith is somewhat restored by these appointments. If grant does sign that’s a massive cherry on top of a well assembled cake.
Don’t berate Pedro he has always stated he wants the best for the club. He will be keeping quiet to see how it works out.
Don’t berate Pedro he has always stated he wants the best for the club. He will be keeping quiet to see how it works out.
Re: Grant Holt
He's also spouted [SwearFilter] loads of nonsense about Casson using the club as some kind of tax scam and bizarre comparisons to Nazi Germany... This recent outlay doesn't fit with the warped narrative.finbar17 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:34 am This is a show of intent that I personally needed from the cassons. Faith is somewhat restored by these appointments. If grant does sign that’s a massive cherry on top of a well assembled cake.
Don’t berate Pedro he has always stated he wants the best for the club. He will be keeping quiet to see how it works out.
He's repeatedly called for apologies whenever he thinks he's been proved right about things, so only right that people are calling him out now.
Of course, there's no guarantee that all this will pay off, but it's clear to see there's no financial shenanigans going on - just a couple of bad decisions this season.
-
Hitthebar22
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
- Contact:
Re: Grant Holt
finbar17 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:34 am This is a show of intent that I personally needed from the cassons. Faith is somewhat restored by these appointments. If grant does sign that’s a massive cherry on top of a well assembled cake.
Don’t berate Pedro he has always stated he wants the best for the club. He will be keeping quiet to see how it works out.
Let him speak for himself. He was very, very anti Casson. Maybe he still is. I’m not sure he does want the best for the club unless it’s on his terms i.e. without a capitalist in charge. I got the impression in his incessant posts that he’d rather see the club fail than do any good under the Casson dynasty, even though he didn’t say it. Can do without that kind of supporter if I’m right, in my opinion.
Re: Grant Holt
I couldnt agree more.Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 amfinbar17 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:34 am This is a show of intent that I personally needed from the cassons. Faith is somewhat restored by these appointments. If grant does sign that’s a massive cherry on top of a well assembled cake.
Don’t berate Pedro he has always stated he wants the best for the club. He will be keeping quiet to see how it works out.
Let him speak for himself. He was very, very anti Casson. Maybe he still is. I’m not sure he does want the best for the club unless it’s on his terms i.e. without a capitalist in charge. I got the impression in his incessant posts that he’d rather see the club fail than do any good under the Casson dynasty, even though he didn’t say it. Can do without that kind of supporter if I’m right, in my opinion.
I actually know of three people that had been going to H st for donkeys years and then stopped as soon as Paul took over the club.
I think it must be some strange sort of phsyche where some people are only happy when everyone else is miserable.
-
mightywhite
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 687
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:54 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Grant Holt
Im fairly certain that some people would genuinely rather we were pulling 200 in the Evostik, its bizarre and i cant possibly fathom a reason but im sure that this is the case.mall wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 amI couldnt agree more.Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am
Let him speak for himself. He was very, very anti Casson. Maybe he still is. I’m not sure he does want the best for the club unless it’s on his terms i.e. without a capitalist in charge. I got the impression in his incessant posts that he’d rather see the club fail than do any good under the Casson dynasty, even though he didn’t say it. Can do without that kind of supporter if I’m right, in my opinion.
I actually know of three people that had been going to H st for donkeys years and then stopped as soon as Paul took over the club.
I think it must be some strange sort of phsyche where some people are only happy when everyone else is miserable.
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7480
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: Grant Holt
Schadenfreude by Proxy as any fule no.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
- The Tomahawk Kid
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3386
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
- Location: Dingly Dell
- Contact:
Re: Grant Holt
I know where you're coming from. There used to be one or two on here who weren' t happy unless we were struggling. One well known ex contributor on here even stated that he only attended Holker Street to have a craic with his mates and wouldn' t be attending anymore. He then vanished.mall wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 amI couldnt agree more.Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am
Let him speak for himself. He was very, very anti Casson. Maybe he still is. I’m not sure he does want the best for the club unless it’s on his terms i.e. without a capitalist in charge. I got the impression in his incessant posts that he’d rather see the club fail than do any good under the Casson dynasty, even though he didn’t say it. Can do without that kind of supporter if I’m right, in my opinion.
I actually know of three people that had been going to H st for donkeys years and then stopped as soon as Paul took over the club.
I think it must be some strange sort of phsyche where some people are only happy when everyone else is miserable.
Just hope we keep suceeding to keep the harbringers of doom away...
Another friend of mine, who's followed the club for years, has stopped attending due to Paul Casson's public announcement in the EM of his support for the local Tory MP. I respect his decision to cease attending. Owners of football clubs should keep their political beliefs to themselves if it hasn't got anything to do with football or the running of the club.
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
- The Tomahawk Kid
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3386
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
- Location: Dingly Dell
- Contact:
Re: Grant Holt
Fairly certain? You're bang on!mightywhite wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:01 pmIm fairly certain that some people would genuinely rather we were pulling 200 in the Evostik, its bizarre and i cant possibly fathom a reason but im sure that this is the case.mall wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 am
I couldnt agree more.
I actually know of three people that had been going to H st for donkeys years and then stopped as soon as Paul took over the club.
I think it must be some strange sort of phsyche where some people are only happy when everyone else is miserable.
There are ex fans out there who'd come back if we were at the bottom of the footballing pyramid!
Bizarre isn' t it?
I can understand those who say they'll return if we get back into the EFL.
But I can't get my head around the 'Negs' who'd return if we were playing Nantwich in front of 200...
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
Re: Grant Holt
Common sense really.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Grant Holt
Check out @bbccumbriasport’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/bbccumbriasport/sta ... 70434?s=09
He's coming home, he's coming home, holtys coming home!
He's coming home, he's coming home, holtys coming home!
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Grant Holt
Welcome back Grant I always remember that game at Oldham in the cup when he was massive for us
-
JimmyCrabstick
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:09 pm
- Location: Thornton-Cleveleys
- Contact:
Re: Grant Holt
Excellent. Welcome back to Holker Street Grant
Northern Lights, Ormsgill Reservoir Sundown
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: HenneysKnee, theotherbarrow and 18 guests