Commercial
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4100
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Commercial
I noticed someone tweet yesterday asking if the club had hats in stock ( because it's cold ). The club answered to say we have a few in stock
At this time of year the shop should be packed with merchandise - hats / scarfs / gloves / Christmas gifts etc
At this time of year the shop should be packed with merchandise - hats / scarfs / gloves / Christmas gifts etc
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
They should be coining it in. How many people are stuck for Xmas gift ideas and have no awareness that there is a shop at the FBSS 'packed' with products for the discerning AFC supporter? I have a fairly large extended family, they know I foller the soccer and yet I have never received anything from the club's shop as an Xmas gift. If it was my business I would have a flashing neon side outside the stadium directing people in there and then supplement that with another announcing 'Sale now on!' and the usual things like that. On average retailers spend 10% of their budget on advertising.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
Re: Commercial
We seem to be short on someone in Barrow to push this sort of thing since Emma left.
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
Our club shop not stocked properly? You do surprise me!
Re: Commercial
You should have a word with your family. I have a collection of hats and scarves tracing Barrow AFC fashions through the ages.Wintergreen wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am I have a fairly large extended family, they know I foller the soccer and yet I have never received anything from the club's shop as an Xmas gift.
-
Lancaster Branch
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5509
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
Just waiting to get rid of the last of those Jason Walker/Wembley t-shirts and we’ll get a new range in, i’m sure.HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:05 am Our club shop not stocked properly? You do surprise me!
-
Lancaster Branch
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5509
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
- Contact:
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
I am envious of your collection Jim, but such discussions vis-a-vis gifts are usually done surreptitiously and I can just imagine the conversations if it be known I would like something from the Barrow AFC shop. 'What shop?' 'Where is it?' 'We went and it was shut' etc. However, you are right I will put it out there in good faith and perhaps we all should do so.Jim wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:44 pmYou should have a word with your family. I have a collection of hats and scarves tracing Barrow AFC fashions through the ages.Wintergreen wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am I have a fairly large extended family, they know I foller the soccer and yet I have never received anything from the club's shop as an Xmas gift.![]()
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
Re: Commercial
Lancaster Branch wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:23 pmThere’s hardly anything to sell though. We could have a sales team of twenty and it’d make no difference.
Re: Commercial
barrowfan wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:51 pmLancaster Branch wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:23 pm
There’s hardly anything to sell though. We could have a sales team of twenty and it’d make no difference.
Wonder if AC is now in charge of the commercial side. Not to have the shop stocked at this time of year is ludicrous. Do the club offer an on-line shop?
-
Lancaster Branch
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5509
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
There’s a shop run by a printing firm which seems to sell the most basic Sunday market stuff with our badge tacked on or there’s a shop where you can get Performance Centre kit (different manufacturer to the first team stuff).
Our website, which must make Tim Berners-Lee wonder why he bothered, points to the Sunday market shop.
Whoever is in charge of merchandise etc or indeed has been in charge for the last few years needs a shake.
Our website, which must make Tim Berners-Lee wonder why he bothered, points to the Sunday market shop.
Whoever is in charge of merchandise etc or indeed has been in charge for the last few years needs a shake.
-
liverpoolann
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 913
- Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
I enquired yesterday did we have a replacement for Emma
Yet and was informed thatGeorgia is doing some of the work assisted by Andrew.I asked if any christmas cards of ground were considered this year as I bought some seasons past .Too late this year but should be an option for future .
Yet and was informed thatGeorgia is doing some of the work assisted by Andrew.I asked if any christmas cards of ground were considered this year as I bought some seasons past .Too late this year but should be an option for future .
-
cromwells ghost
- Senior Member
- Posts: 339
- Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:39 pm
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
Did not know we had a shop.
Re: Commercial
SHOULD being the operative word.liverpoolann wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:38 pm I enquired yesterday did we have a replacement for Emma
Yet and was informed thatGeorgia is doing some of the work assisted by Andrew.I asked if any christmas cards of ground were considered this year as I bought some seasons past .Too late this year but should be an option for future .
-
AugustusCorpa
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1707
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
Same complaints about no stock in shop every Christmas. So much more could be done. We can’t even get the basics right commercially.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: barrow1987, Big_Bluebird, grammaroldboy, Thetopcat and 30 guests