Commercial

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Post Reply
Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4101
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Commercial

Post by Bingo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:22 am

I noticed someone tweet yesterday asking if the club had hats in stock ( because it's cold ). The club answered to say we have a few in stock

At this time of year the shop should be packed with merchandise - hats / scarfs / gloves / Christmas gifts etc

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by Wintergreen » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am

They should be coining it in. How many people are stuck for Xmas gift ideas and have no awareness that there is a shop at the FBSS 'packed' with products for the discerning AFC supporter? I have a fairly large extended family, they know I foller the soccer and yet I have never received anything from the club's shop as an Xmas gift. If it was my business I would have a flashing neon side outside the stadium directing people in there and then supplement that with another announcing 'Sale now on!' and the usual things like that. On average retailers spend 10% of their budget on advertising.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by barrowfan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:59 am

We seem to be short on someone in Barrow to push this sort of thing since Emma left.

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8338
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by HenneysKnee » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:05 am

Our club shop not stocked properly? You do surprise me!

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7262
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by Jim » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Wintergreen wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am I have a fairly large extended family, they know I foller the soccer and yet I have never received anything from the club's shop as an Xmas gift.
You should have a word with your family. I have a collection of hats and scarves tracing Barrow AFC fashions through the ages. ;)

Lancaster Branch
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by Lancaster Branch » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:22 pm

HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:05 am Our club shop not stocked properly? You do surprise me!
Just waiting to get rid of the last of those Jason Walker/Wembley t-shirts and we’ll get a new range in, i’m sure.

Lancaster Branch
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by Lancaster Branch » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:23 pm

barrowfan wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:59 am We seem to be short on someone in Barrow to push this sort of thing since Emma left.
There’s hardly anything to sell though. We could have a sales team of twenty and it’d make no difference.

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by Wintergreen » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Jim wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:44 pm
Wintergreen wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am I have a fairly large extended family, they know I foller the soccer and yet I have never received anything from the club's shop as an Xmas gift.
You should have a word with your family. I have a collection of hats and scarves tracing Barrow AFC fashions through the ages. ;)
I am envious of your collection Jim, but such discussions vis-a-vis gifts are usually done surreptitiously and I can just imagine the conversations if it be known I would like something from the Barrow AFC shop. 'What shop?' 'Where is it?' 'We went and it was shut' etc. However, you are right I will put it out there in good faith and perhaps we all should do so.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by barrowfan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:51 pm

Lancaster Branch wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:23 pm
barrowfan wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:59 am We seem to be short on someone in Barrow to push this sort of thing since Emma left.
There’s hardly anything to sell though. We could have a sales team of twenty and it’d make no difference.

barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by barrowfan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:53 pm

barrowfan wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:51 pm
Lancaster Branch wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:23 pm

There’s hardly anything to sell though. We could have a sales team of twenty and it’d make no difference.

Wonder if AC is now in charge of the commercial side. Not to have the shop stocked at this time of year is ludicrous. Do the club offer an on-line shop?

Lancaster Branch
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by Lancaster Branch » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:10 pm

There’s a shop run by a printing firm which seems to sell the most basic Sunday market stuff with our badge tacked on or there’s a shop where you can get Performance Centre kit (different manufacturer to the first team stuff).

Our website, which must make Tim Berners-Lee wonder why he bothered, points to the Sunday market shop.

Whoever is in charge of merchandise etc or indeed has been in charge for the last few years needs a shake.

liverpoolann
Bronze Member
Posts: 913
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by liverpoolann » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:38 pm

I enquired yesterday did we have a replacement for Emma
Yet and was informed thatGeorgia is doing some of the work assisted by Andrew.I asked if any christmas cards of ground were considered this year as I bought some seasons past .Too late this year but should be an option for future .

cromwells ghost
Senior Member
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by cromwells ghost » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Did not know we had a shop.

barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by barrowfan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:15 pm

liverpoolann wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:38 pm I enquired yesterday did we have a replacement for Emma
Yet and was informed thatGeorgia is doing some of the work assisted by Andrew.I asked if any christmas cards of ground were considered this year as I bought some seasons past .Too late this year but should be an option for future .
SHOULD being the operative word.

AugustusCorpa
Gold Member
Posts: 1707
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by AugustusCorpa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:35 pm

Same complaints about no stock in shop every Christmas. So much more could be done. We can’t even get the basics right commercially.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: olefogey and 25 guests