Whats happening to our club

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
whitty1969
Platinum Member
Posts: 2937
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Whats happening to our club

Post by whitty1969 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Don't bother with them Emma
Its because of these Knob Heads that all the good guys have left the forum.
There all too busy slagging off the club and hiding behind double accounts.
I've had a coffee with you. Think it was on a Sunday morning when we were helping the club out working for nothing. :D

User avatar
Lowtower
Silver Member
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Whats happening to our club

Post by Lowtower » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:19 pm

Summerof76 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:07 pm
Lowtower wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:56 pm

Apologies for the use of cretins,It was more aimed at the Azzy Wazzy club, I heard it the other day for the first time in ages and thought I'd use it next time I had the chance.

Has anyone ever taken you up on your coffee offer ?

Maybe the clubs missing a trick here, by the looks of things a fortune could be earned by holding a Coffee morning to discuss the failings of the club, throw in a few Casson effigies to burn and the doomsayers will turn up like a Walking Dead zombie heard.

No pies though.

I also believe anyone who chooses to slag off their ex employers on a Facebook post advertising their old job to be slightly stupid. Hardly attractive to potential employers is it?
Ooooo I’m slightly stupid now 😂. I have only ever been honest about what happened and I was treated unfairly. End of.

And I believe it’s called Freedom of Speech. And you know nothing of my employment situation or the overwhelming support I have had.

And of course no one has taken me up on my offer because those who are loudest on here are the ones who would be the least likely to meet me as they’re probably a little bit scared.

You seem to be very knowledgeable. You should apply.

I’m just too stupid.

Emma, I wasn't questioning how unfairly you were treated and all that jazz, I was just saying how bitter (and also damaging to the club) it comes across to post rants on a post advertising your old job.

I also agree that I should apply, but probably wont as its not something that takes my fancy, I'm happy enough being micro managed elsewhere by someone who knows a hell of lot less than myself.

Summerof76
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:55 am
Contact:

Re: Whats happening to our club

Post by Summerof76 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:20 pm

whitty1969 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:17 pm Don't bother with them Emma
Its because of these Knob Heads that all the good guys have left the forum.
There all too busy slagging off the club and hiding behind double accounts.
I've had a coffee with you. Think it was on a Sunday morning when we were helping the club out working for nothing. :D
You never did any work 😂😂😂

And I know I shouldn’t but I’m slightly stupid remember!

Summerof76
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:55 am
Contact:

Re: Whats happening to our club

Post by Summerof76 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Lowtower wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:19 pm
Summerof76 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Ooooo I’m slightly stupid now 😂. I have only ever been honest about what happened and I was treated unfairly. End of.

And I believe it’s called Freedom of Speech. And you know nothing of my employment situation or the overwhelming support I have had.

And of course no one has taken me up on my offer because those who are loudest on here are the ones who would be the least likely to meet me as they’re probably a little bit scared.

You seem to be very knowledgeable. You should apply.

I’m just too stupid.

Emma, I wasn't questioning how unfairly you were treated and all that jazz, I was just saying how bitter (and also damaging to the club) it comes across to post rants on a post advertising your old job.

I also agree that I should apply, but probably wont as its not something that takes my fancy, I'm happy enough being micro managed elsewhere by someone who knows a hell of lot less than myself.
Of course I’m bitter! I keep being told I shouldn’t be but I’m a woman and we don’t forget easily. And if you think those comments on Facebook were rants you’ve never met me 😂😂.

I think the club is self-damaging. No one gives a plop what I rant on about. It’s all about results and progress at the club and my Facebook comments have all been removed anyway?!

Now ssshhhhh Corrie is back on again in five!

whitty1969
Platinum Member
Posts: 2937
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Whats happening to our club

Post by whitty1969 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:27 pm

Summerof76 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:20 pm
whitty1969 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:17 pm Don't bother with them Emma
Its because of these Knob Heads that all the good guys have left the forum.
There all too busy slagging off the club and hiding behind double accounts.
I've had a coffee with you. Think it was on a Sunday morning when we were helping the club out working for nothing. :D
You never did any work 😂😂😂

And I know I shouldn’t but I’m slightly stupid remember!
Yeah, your right. ....coffee was good though :)

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11321
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Whats happening to our club

Post by McMark » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Summerof76 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Of course I’m bitter! I keep being told I shouldn’t be but I’m a woman and we don’t forget easily. And if you think those comments on Facebook were rants you’ve never met me 😂😂.

I think the club is self-damaging. No one gives a plop what I rant on about. It’s all about results and progress at the club and my Facebook comments have all been removed anyway?!

Now ssshhhhh Corrie is back on again in five!
Emma, nobody will begrudge you a gripe, everyone deserves a right to reply. I don't see it as bitterness, It's all just part of the healing process a bit of therapy. Hope you eventually find solace and are able to move on to a place where you are allowed to make a valued difference and your efforts are truly appreciated.
Our paths will cross one day and the coffee will be on me.😊
Last edited by McMark on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Summerof76
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:55 am
Contact:

Re: Whats happening to our club

Post by Summerof76 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:45 pm

McMark wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:41 pm
Summerof76 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Of course I’m bitter! I keep being told I shouldn’t be but I’m a woman and we don’t forget easily. And if you think those comments on Facebook were rants you’ve never met me 😂😂.

I think the club is self-damaging. No one gives a plop what I rant on about. It’s all about results and progress at the club and my Facebook comments have all been removed anyway?!

Now ssshhhhh Corrie is back on again in five!
Emma, nobody will begrudge you a gripe, everyone deserves a right to reply. I don't see it as bitterness, It's all just part of the healing process a bit of therapy. Hope you eventually find solace and are able to move on to a place where you are allowed to make a difference and your efforts are truly appreciated.
Our paths will cross one day and the coffee will be on me.😊
That’s made me cry. Thank you I’m almost there.

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11321
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Whats happening to our club

Post by McMark » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:52 pm

Summerof76 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:45 pm
McMark wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Emma, nobody will begrudge you a gripe, everyone deserves a right to reply. I don't see it as bitterness, It's all just part of the healing process a bit of therapy. Hope you eventually find solace and are able to move on to a place where you are allowed to make a valued difference and your efforts are truly appreciated.
Our paths will cross one day and the coffee will be on me.😊
That’s made me cry. Thank you I’m almost there.
See, Coronation Street isn't the be all and end all after all!! ;)

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Whats happening to our club

Post by Pedro » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:06 pm

Summerof76 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:45 pm
McMark wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Emma, nobody will begrudge you a gripe, everyone deserves a right to reply. I don't see it as bitterness, It's all just part of the healing process a bit of therapy. Hope you eventually find solace and are able to move on to a place where you are allowed to make a difference and your efforts are truly appreciated.
Our paths will cross one day and the coffee will be on me.😊
That’s made me cry. Thank you I’m almost there.
You are bound to be bitter if you have been treated.
Anyone looking at the club and the number of people who have left the place can see there is something fundamentally wrong .
It's Paul Cassons business and he will do what he wants with it .
Last week we heard Adi say he was looking to bring in 2 players tonight Andrew Cassons says we will bring in as and when required.Has he seen our league position?
It would be nice to hear from the CEO and reasons why he left.

User avatar
Dalton Bluebird
Silver Member
Posts: 1325
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: Dalton in Furness
Contact:

Re: Whats happening to our club

Post by Dalton Bluebird » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:50 pm

Lowtower wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:07 pm
Dalton Bluebird wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:05 pm This forum is really hitting a new low.
Insightful.
Yes, very.

We need a troll and knobhead filter on here.
I don't belieeeeeeeve it!
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

User avatar
Lowtower
Silver Member
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Whats happening to our club

Post by Lowtower » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:00 pm

Dalton Bluebird wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:50 pm
Lowtower wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Insightful.
Yes, very.

We need a troll and knobhead filter on here.
Don't forget the self righteous [SwearFilter] klaxon.

We are in desperate need of one of those.

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8339
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Whats happening to our club

Post by HenneysKnee » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:32 pm

What happened to the two players (one an exciting signing from National League North) arriving?

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7135
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Whats happening to our club

Post by blue nige » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:01 am

HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:32 pm What happened to the two players (one an exciting signing from National League North) arriving?
And it's things like this that put people off the club obviously pennock must have been confident about these players it must be really frustrating for our management team the trouble seems to be that Paul / Andrew Casson are trying to run the club to try to lose as little money as possible I can see that but in reality if you want to be a success in this league and given where we are (having to pay a bit extra )and our gates .potential revenue streams would be highly unlikely. You have to accept that it takes a few years to get the club anywhere near this situation.
I don't know whats gone wrong but I would just like to know where as a club we stand if we cannot afford this league then fine just let us know but these constant sound bites from Andrew Casson are doing more damage than good!

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7262
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Whats happening to our club

Post by Jim » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:05 pm

blue nige wrote: ↑Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:01 am
HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:32 pm What happened to the two players (one an exciting signing from National League North) arriving?
it must be really frustrating for our management team the trouble seems to be that Paul / Andrew Casson are trying to run the club to try to lose as little money as possible
Is that why the signings didn't happen? Turned down by the Casson's again! I must have missed that announcement.

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8192
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: Whats happening to our club

Post by Ste Story » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:30 pm

blue nige wrote: ↑Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:01 am

it must be really frustrating for our management team the trouble seems to be that Paul / Andrew Casson are trying to run the club to try to lose as little money as possible
There's just this really weird perspective round the club that people not wanting to [SwearFilter] millions of pounds of their own and the clubs money away makes them bad people...
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot] and 17 guests