And he's lost £2M in 2 years and this year it's no doubt the same. Would YOU be able to afford to carry on throwing good money after bad? Yeah let's all go on paying £15 a game to see the team playing crap, and come on here spouting shit about broken promises, whilst the man who bailed us out loses a million pounds a year. Get real!blue nige wrote: ↑Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:55 pmAnswer a question by all means does that mean just say anything ?little hard of thinking ,well at least some of us don't bury our heads in the sand !Lancaster Branch wrote: ↑Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:34 pm
He's getting called by the Mail and answering their questions. If nobody said anything ever then those amongst our support who are a little hard of thinking would be whining about no communication, kept in the dark etc etc. Some folk are only happy when they have something to moan about.
Let's re-cap what's been said better players will be brought in, transfer money will be invested in the squad looking at new stand at the crossbar end telling us that moore was the right man for the job ,7th not good enough isn't all that enough to make even the most loyal fan be a bit annoyed!
Whats happening to our club
Re: Whats happening to our club
- The Tomahawk Kid
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3386
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
- Location: Dingly Dell
- Contact:
Re: Whats happening to our club
He 'seemed ' to know what he was doing when he bought the club. If he didn't have the resources or the 'know how' of how to run a football club - why did he buy Barrow AFC? He is reputedly a competent businessman - surely he must have done his research and the financial implications before purchasing?barrowfan wrote: ↑Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:20 pmI take your point but I think you also have to look at the fact that that he has lost over £2M since he bought the club.The Tomahawk Kid wrote: ↑Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:00 pm The fact that Paul Casson made promises which were to be incorporated into his five year plan and has let supporters down on most of them hasn't helped matters, however.
Attendances of less than 1000 won’t even cover the current costs.
It’s easy to say he has broken his so called promises, but to me they were more like visions of where he would like us to be, rather than promises.
Any business constantly has to review its position taking into account current circumstances and they have to cut their cloth according to the current trading position, which is what he is doing.
As for his broken promises being 'Visions' - the fact that he sat front of a packed Forum (I was there along with 300+ others) and gave a solid presentation based around a 5 year plan which would culminate in the club obtaining FL status certainly indicated to the assembled masses the belief that he knew what he was doing and had prepared a solid business plan to get us there. 'Visions' didn't come into the equation!
He sold our best players and never replaced them with players of similar quality. We're now relying on players on loan from other clubs - not a ideal scenario when loyalty, team spirit and the ability to be able to fight tooth, fang and claw are what's required in a relegation scrap!
You mention that gates of less than 1,000 won't cover the running costs of the club?
AFC Fylde's average attendance was previously 350+ before the new stadium was built. How did their owner cope?
Fleetwood, I seem to remember, also survived on very poor gates until recently. And didn't Paul Casson meet up with their owner to discuss/adopt a similar plan of action to that which took them into the FL? I remember seeing the photo of their meeting in the EM.
Visions don't come into it - Mr Casson is a shrewd businessman.
However; I believe his 'love affair' with Barrow AFC is slowly coming to an end...only time will tell.
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Whats happening to our club
Before Paul Casson took over he was made fully aware of the costs of running a club of our size etc. he did his due deligence so he didn't enter into this lightly rather than trading insults read exactly what I said it was as constructive as I could muster and it was stating can we afford to be in this league I can take criticism but only if warranted and by the way I only state facts that our owners have stated was going to happen not visions but what they said was going to happen so unless I'm wrong this is a forum to debate things that have been said quoted in the media etc.barrowfan wrote: ↑Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:20 pmAnd he's lost £2M in 2 years and this year it's no doubt the same. Would YOU be able to afford to carry on throwing good money after bad? Yeah let's all go on paying £15 a game to see the team playing crap, and come on here spouting shit about broken promises, whilst the man who bailed us out loses a million pounds a year. Get real!blue nige wrote: ↑Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:55 pm
Answer a question by all means does that mean just say anything ?little hard of thinking ,well at least some of us don't bury our heads in the sand !
Let's re-cap what's been said better players will be brought in, transfer money will be invested in the squad looking at new stand at the crossbar end telling us that moore was the right man for the job ,7th not good enough isn't all that enough to make even the most loyal fan be a bit annoyed!
Re: Whats happening to our club
You are obviousLy not familiar with the world of business where even the most astute owner of a company can base their assumptions on criteria which changes. That is business!blue nige wrote: ↑Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:52 pmBefore Paul Casson took over he was made fully aware of the costs of running a club of our size etc. he did his due deligence so he didn't enter into this lightly rather than trading insults read exactly what I said it was as constructive as I could muster and it was stating can we afford to be in this league I can take criticism but only if warranted and by the way I only state facts that our owners have stated was going to happen not visions but what they said was going to happen so unless I'm wrong this is a forum to debate things that have been said quoted in the media etc.barrowfan wrote: ↑Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:20 pm
And he's lost £2M in 2 years and this year it's no doubt the same. Would YOU be able to afford to carry on throwing good money after bad? Yeah let's all go on paying £15 a game to see the team playing crap, and come on here spouting shit about broken promises, whilst the man who bailed us out loses a million pounds a year. Get real!
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Whats happening to our club
If I was a businessman I wouldn't buy a club that had a small fan Base (which in time could be built up).
A rundown stadium which had no real chance of making any significant amounts of income and having to pay player's over the odds to get them to play for my club and to cap it all make plans that I couldn't or wouldn't see out
.UNLESS I had the time commitment and millions of pounds to spare!as you elequently say what the [SwearFilter] do I know !
A rundown stadium which had no real chance of making any significant amounts of income and having to pay player's over the odds to get them to play for my club and to cap it all make plans that I couldn't or wouldn't see out
.UNLESS I had the time commitment and millions of pounds to spare!as you elequently say what the [SwearFilter] do I know !
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot] and 16 guests