New Manager

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
DaveP
Gold Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:26 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by DaveP » Wed May 23, 2018 7:06 pm

paddy71 wrote: ↑Wed May 23, 2018 5:20 pm
DaveP wrote: ↑Wed May 23, 2018 5:07 pm Steve McNulty player/manager on 2 year deal
As daft as they come that shout.we don't like him,he doesn't like us.if we go down the route of X players then give Matt henney a go
Wind up mate

Hadrian
Platinum Member
Posts: 4752
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Hadrian » Wed May 23, 2018 10:33 pm

I like Nults.

If only...
THE NORTHERN WAY

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3492
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Pedro » Thu May 24, 2018 6:33 am

It's good news that Paul Ogden is back obviously knows the lower league's well and can identify cheaper players than bringing in from established teams. where costs would be higher.
I just hope the new Manager is not Grant Holt as a figure head.
I am surprised he is staying which makes me wonder !

Jo am back
Bronze Member
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:02 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Jo am back » Thu May 24, 2018 7:44 am

Do you seriously think they would go through the whole advertising for,interviewing process if Holt was getting the job,grow a brain.

Suffolk Blue
Platinum Member
Posts: 3807
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Suffolk Blue » Thu May 24, 2018 9:12 am

Jo am back wrote: ↑Thu May 24, 2018 7:44 am Do you seriously think they would go through the whole advertising for,interviewing process if Holt was getting the job,grow a brain.
Actually I think an interview process is strictly speaking a legal requirement. Technically as a club employee Grant Holt might be able to claim constructive dismissal if he felt that he was prejudiced in any recruitment process for which he was eligible irrespective of whether he was the best candidate or not. Given our current budget problems think we can do without this.

barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by barrowfan » Thu May 24, 2018 9:17 am

Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Thu May 24, 2018 9:12 am
Jo am back wrote: ↑Thu May 24, 2018 7:44 am Do you seriously think they would go through the whole advertising for,interviewing process if Holt was getting the job,grow a brain.
Actually I think an interview process is strictly speaking a legal requirement. Technically as a club employee Grant Holt might be able to claim constructive dismissal if he felt that he was prejudiced in any recruitment process for which he was eligible irrespective of whether he was the best candidate or not. Given our current budget problems think we can do without this.
And if he does get an interview he might come across as clearly the best candidate (like Mickey Moore) ! :lol:

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3492
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Pedro » Thu May 24, 2018 11:24 am

Jo am back wrote: ↑Thu May 24, 2018 7:44 am Do you seriously think they would go through the whole advertising for,interviewing process if Holt was getting the job,grow a brain.
Well as a woman I suggest that's rich as that's a sexist a thing a man would be repremanded for.
I've been for a few jobs were people had the job already be it they lay on their backs for the interview or played golf with the boss and bought his beers
But I accept you have limited ideas not linked to the fact that you are s woman but limited ability to see the wider picture.
Keep trying though

01524
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:57 am
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by 01524 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:39 am

Pedro wrote: ↑Thu May 24, 2018 11:24 am
Jo am back wrote: ↑Thu May 24, 2018 7:44 am Do you seriously think they would go through the whole advertising for,interviewing process if Holt was getting the job,grow a brain.
Well as a woman I suggest that's rich as that's a sexist a thing a man would be repremanded for.
I've been for a few jobs were people had the job already be it they lay on their backs for the interview or played golf with the boss and bought his beers
But I accept you have limited ideas not linked to the fact that you are s woman but limited ability to see the wider picture.
Keep trying though
Did I just really read that..... ????????

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3492
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Pedro » Thu May 24, 2018 11:48 am

Yep it's equal opportunity

User avatar
Dalton Bluebird
Silver Member
Posts: 1325
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: Dalton in Furness
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Dalton Bluebird » Thu May 24, 2018 11:49 am

01524 wrote: ↑Thu May 24, 2018 11:39 am
Pedro wrote: ↑Thu May 24, 2018 11:24 am

Well as a woman I suggest that's rich as that's a sexist a thing a man would be repremanded for.
I've been for a few jobs were people had the job already be it they lay on their backs for the interview or played golf with the boss and bought his beers
But I accept you have limited ideas not linked to the fact that you are s woman but limited ability to see the wider picture.
Keep trying though
Did I just really read that..... ????????
Yes, it’s nothing new for Pedro!
He talks sense sometimes.
Then he goes off into some inane drivel.
Tries to be clever and insult/ belittle other forum members.
Comments are written poetry style.
All part of the rich tapestry that this forum has become.
I don't belieeeeeeeve it!
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3492
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Pedro » Thu May 24, 2018 11:51 am

Think it stemmed from the grow a brain theory
It was not a sexist comment
But u am thinking of starting a M2 group !!

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3492
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Pedro » Thu May 24, 2018 11:52 am

Dalton Bluebird wrote: ↑Thu May 24, 2018 11:49 am
01524 wrote: ↑Thu May 24, 2018 11:39 am

Did I just really read that..... ????????
Yes, it’s nothing new for Pedro!
He talks sense sometimes.
Then he goes off into some inane drivel.
Tries to be clever and insult/ belittle other forum members.
Comments are written poetry style.
All part of the rich tapestry that this forum has become.
I think you insulted me first by the grow a brain comment or is that it's insult?

User avatar
Dalton Bluebird
Silver Member
Posts: 1325
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: Dalton in Furness
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Dalton Bluebird » Thu May 24, 2018 11:57 am

Pedro wrote: ↑Thu May 24, 2018 11:52 am
Dalton Bluebird wrote: ↑Thu May 24, 2018 11:49 am

Yes, it’s nothing new for Pedro!
He talks sense sometimes.
Then he goes off into some inane drivel.
Tries to be clever and insult/ belittle other forum members.
Comments are written poetry style.
All part of the rich tapestry that this forum has become.
I think you insulted me first by the grow a brain comment or is that it's insult?
I made no such comment as ‘grow a brain’ and have no intention of insulting anyone, there’s enough on here do a perfectly good job of that. If the cap fits........"....
I don't belieeeeeeeve it!
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3492
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: New Manager

Post by Pedro » Thu May 24, 2018 11:59 am

Right it was a general comment not necessarily aimed towards me.
I am very very sorry
X

User avatar
Lowtower
Silver Member
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:29 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Lowtower » Thu May 24, 2018 12:26 pm

Pedro wrote: ↑Thu May 24, 2018 11:24 am
Jo am back wrote: ↑Thu May 24, 2018 7:44 am Do you seriously think they would go through the whole advertising for,interviewing process if Holt was getting the job,grow a brain.
Well as a woman I suggest that's rich as that's a sexist a thing a man would be repremanded for.
I've been for a few jobs were people had the job already be it they lay on their backs for the interview or played golf with the boss and bought his beers
But I accept you have limited ideas not linked to the fact that you are s woman but limited ability to see the wider picture.
Keep trying though
Sigh

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bigfathoss, Tony and 27 guests