What's your Rum Butter like?Nigel Bamford wrote: ↑Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:36 pm A flurry of orders over the weekend has seen potential sales rise to 57 jars and well over £325 (minimum) committed. Thanks everyone.
Play Your Part Marmalade!
-
SayitagainSam
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 913
- Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:31 pm
- Contact:
Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!
Last edited by SayitagainSam on Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!
Now up to 62 jars and knocking on the door of £400. I even managed to extract a tenner from a Yeovil supporter.
I've probably got enough oranges to make another 10 jars or so which I'll make and if I don't get specific orders will bring along to sell on the day (Easter Monday) with a bit of luck.
@SayitagainSam I don't make it.
I've probably got enough oranges to make another 10 jars or so which I'll make and if I don't get specific orders will bring along to sell on the day (Easter Monday) with a bit of luck.
@SayitagainSam I don't make it.
It all comes 'round again.
Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!
Fantastic Effort.Nigel Bamford wrote: ↑Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:38 am Now up to 62 jars and knocking on the door of £400. I even managed to extract a tenner from a Yeovil supporter.
I've probably got enough oranges to make another 10 jars or so which I'll make and if I don't get specific orders will bring along to sell on the day (Easter Monday) with a bit of luck.
@SayitagainSam I don't make it.
-
Si_Nichols
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
- Location: Lancaster
- Contact:
Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!
I dropped off my marmalade money with Rich Ingham on Saturday. Won't be at Chesterfield but at Yeovil and final home game v Woking so will pick it up then.
- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!
Cheers, Si. I've got your Cowperthwaite jar specifically marked, I'll wrap the 2 and have them put aside for you.Si_Nichols wrote: ↑Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:50 am I dropped off my marmalade money with Rich Ingham on Saturday. Won't be at Chesterfield but at Yeovil and final home game v Woking so will pick it up then.
It all comes 'round again.
- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!
OK, now we have a problem. It seems fairly obvious that the Easter Monday game will not be going ahead and I'm here in Scotland with 60+ jars of marmalade and you're all down there with the money which the Play Your Part campaign /club desperately needs.
Any thoughts on how best to do it without laying it at the door of the already stretched Trust?
- Does anyone travel up/down the M74 that would be able to transport them to Barrow? I could meet at Abington services; or anywhere between Motherwell, say, and Carlisle
- If we get them to Barrow would there be some place from where folks could call and collect their jars and, therefore, someone who could collect the cash on the Trust's behalf (which is what I was intending to do at Holker Street)?
Any thoughts on how best to do it without laying it at the door of the already stretched Trust?
It all comes 'round again.
Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!
I will stall give over my 20 even if I don’t get my marmalade
Noto Brexit 

- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!
Ryan has agreed to act as distributor and to get things moving I'm going to drive down on Tuesday with the delivery. Gives me an opportunity to give the dogs a run at Roanhead which I haven't done in yonks.
So, this means that if you have ordered any jars they'll be available to collect from the club from Tuesday afternoon. I hope that's a workable solution but if it doesn't work for you let me know.
@Barra Marra @dodger @McMark @Dalton Bluebird @Trust Raffle @liverpoolann @Si_Nichols @Sefton Aubergine
So, this means that if you have ordered any jars they'll be available to collect from the club from Tuesday afternoon. I hope that's a workable solution but if it doesn't work for you let me know.
@Barra Marra @dodger @McMark @Dalton Bluebird @Trust Raffle @liverpoolann @Si_Nichols @Sefton Aubergine
It all comes 'round again.
-
Sefton Aubergine
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:04 am
- Contact:
Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!
Thanks Nigel... I think you know I don't live near Barrow but we are meant to be up there over Easter and for the Woking game too. If the games are delayed or we are not allowed to travel we might be delayed picking them up but rest assured we intend to.Nigel Bamford wrote: ↑Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:17 pm Ryan has agreed to act as distributor and to get things moving I'm going to drive down on Tuesday with the delivery. Gives me an opportunity to give the dogs a run at Roanhead which I haven't done in yonks.
So, this means that if you have ordered any jars they'll be available to collect from the club from Tuesday afternoon. I hope that's a workable solution but if it doesn't work for you let me know.
@Barra Marra @dodger @McMark @Dalton Bluebird @Trust Raffle @liverpoolann @Si_Nichols @Sefton Aubergine
Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!
Fine by me!
-
Barra Marra
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 780
- Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm
- Contact:
Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!
I take it the club will be collecting the cash too? I don't know when, but I can make it down to Barrow at some point to collect.
Top effort mate.
Top effort mate.
We hate Carlisle United, we hate Workington too (and Morecambe), we hate Accrington Stanley but Barrow we love you 
- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!
LAST CHANCE! I've got half a dozen jars spare so if anyone else would like to partake please say so here before I set off tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. Thanks.
It all comes 'round again.
Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!
On the edge of a small town near Brampton, a grey car heading south turned off the main north-south motorway and headed west. As arranged, there was a white car waiting at the side of the road.
The drivers had never met so, as the grey car pulled to a halt, the driver of the white car left his minder, got out and cautiously approached the other who also left his minder, made his way from the driver's seat and greetings were made.
Noting all was quiet nearby, the pair made their way to the nearside of the grey car where money changed hands in return for the goods. Farewells were exchanged and the grey car headed for the motorway south where a big exchange would take place later in The Town By The Sea.
The driver of the white car returned to base with the goods. Safely behind locked doors, the goods were opened and gently sniffed. This was surely the real deal but there was only one way to be sure.
A slice of multi grain was popped in to the toaster and, after the usual wait, smeared with a film of light vegetable alternative to the yellow stuff then thickly covered with a generous portion of the goods before sampling.
It was heaven and the coded message could be sent: "Well done, Nigel! Good effort."
The drivers had never met so, as the grey car pulled to a halt, the driver of the white car left his minder, got out and cautiously approached the other who also left his minder, made his way from the driver's seat and greetings were made.
Noting all was quiet nearby, the pair made their way to the nearside of the grey car where money changed hands in return for the goods. Farewells were exchanged and the grey car headed for the motorway south where a big exchange would take place later in The Town By The Sea.
The driver of the white car returned to base with the goods. Safely behind locked doors, the goods were opened and gently sniffed. This was surely the real deal but there was only one way to be sure.
A slice of multi grain was popped in to the toaster and, after the usual wait, smeared with a film of light vegetable alternative to the yellow stuff then thickly covered with a generous portion of the goods before sampling.
It was heaven and the coded message could be sent: "Well done, Nigel! Good effort."
THE NORTHERN WAY
Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!
Superb. Awaiting next instalment.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Alley_Cat, Angela, Backofthenet, Bingo, Bruce, CH BAFC, John_Bucks, Jonty, Lee Hunt, Matt, rich bt, Slenderhead, vskohz and 69 guests