Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

Post by Wintergreen » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:02 pm

Bouncebackability!!! :offtopic:
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

mall
Platinum Member
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

Post by mall » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:02 pm

I'm in tears and I don't mind admitting it. For me this is better than promotion.

blumooncrab
Silver Member
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

Post by blumooncrab » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:02 pm

Goodness the last two weeks have been tough.

Kelly is a genius. A hero in every sense !

litefoot
Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

Post by litefoot » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:03 pm

Congrats from a Swindon fan who's been reading this forum since the "Decisions being made" thread was a fraction of its eventual size. Not too pleased that we'll be playing you next season but that's what you get for hiring John Sheridan. Always had a bit of a soft spot for you guys since reading about you in some old football book as a kid in the 70s (I'm assuming it would have been dated about 1973 but I would have picked up a few years after that).

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

Post by Adam29 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:03 pm

I told everyone nothing to worry about

Barrow Lad New
Senior Member
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

Post by Barrow Lad New » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:05 pm

That was an utterly fantastic performance from start to finish. Congratulations lads- you have made a lot of Barrow fans very happy tonight.

User avatar
LDBF
Silver Member
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:36 pm
Location: Belize, Central America
Contact:

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

Post by LDBF » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:05 pm

Lot of complaints at the start of this thread about the team???? Hope they are all eating humble pie. They played fantastic, best game I can remember seeing this season, great result, safe for next season when I would expect Barrow to be at least play-off material

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :skill: :skill: :skill: :scarf:

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11116
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

Post by Jonty » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:07 pm

Absolutely made up Great performance tonight. Delivered the results that we needed. Kelly’s Heroes!

Well done Barrow!
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

cuffy
Veteran Member
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

Post by cuffy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:07 pm

Fantastic, well done all at Barrow AFC. I haven’t missed a minute thanks to IFollow (bar for when I have had my hands over my eyes) it has simply been a rollercoaster ride of emotion. I must admit I prefer this current emotion than the sad times when relegation back to non league seemed a nailed on certainty. Get that flag up boys you’ve earned it.

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11317
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

Post by McMark » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:08 pm

:scarf: Brave decisions made by the board when needed has led to us all being able to see us play in league 2 next season. A massive thank you to The board the management team led by the unflappable Rob Kelly and all the team! :scarf: :scarf:

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7129
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

Post by blue nige » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:10 pm

Adam29 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:03 pm I told everyone nothing to worry about
Adam i was that nervous I couldn't watch or listen just looked at the results!, I know I'm mad but I can now relax, oh me (and a few others of little faith!🤣)

mall
Platinum Member
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

Post by mall » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:12 pm

Well done rob Kelly and the team. At times I was more than despondent but, tonight I'm ecstatic. Look forward to a good summer now and wearing my Barrow shirt with pride at the End Of the Road festival.
Last edited by mall on Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John_Bucks
Gold Member
Posts: 2368
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

Post by John_Bucks » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:12 pm

Adam29 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:03 pm I told everyone nothing to worry about
Phew!

Turned it up nice and loud for that final whistle and your emphatic commentary. Worth every extra decibel!
Life is always better when it's better

ossickbluebird
Veteran Member
Posts: 617
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

Post by ossickbluebird » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:12 pm

What a fantastic performance, credit to Brown & Andrew in particular, Beadling getting better. The roller-coaster to beat all roller-coasters of seasons. Credit to the board for admitting they'd messed up and having the courage to sort it, and most congrats to Rob Kelly for keeping us in L2. Buzzing for next season. ALL BLUEBIRDS ARE BLUE

ant
Gold Member
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: Popular side
Contact:

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread

Post by ant » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:13 pm

:scarf: :scarf: Fantastic! never in doubt... haha overjoyed. Well done one and all. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 16 3/4 :skill:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests