Carlisle
- Sea Dog Sam
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 790
- Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Carlisle
Most Millomites are MUFC and Liverpool. A few go to watch our home games too. I've never known anyone in Millom who supports Carlisle 
Shiver Me Timbers
-
Carlisle1970
- New Member
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:48 am
- Contact:
Re: Carlisle
Possibly an amnesty before the game apparently, we had one a couple of years back at Morecambe.
Have you had one in recent years ?
Have you had one in recent years ?
-
OnlineMain Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3251
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Carlisle
The 9:44 train from Millom last Saturday said different a fair few boarded.Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:31 pm Most Millomites are MUFC and Liverpool. A few go to watch our home games too. I've never known anyone in Millom who supports Carlisle![]()
- Steeley
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5750
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Carlisle
There was loads of Bradford fans in the stand on NyD. As long as people don’t act like idiots (both sides) then it should be fine. Used to share the terraces with Hucknall fans etc so why not if other fans want to put money in our tills .Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:16 pm I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Carlisle supporters are in with Barrow fans. There has always been a Carlisle following from Millom and a number based in Kendal and South Cumbria. They could have easily bought tickets for themselves and Carlisle based supporters. Hospitality will I believe will also have some Carlisle supporters in attendance
Bish=God
- Sea Dog Sam
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 790
- Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Carlisle
I've never heard of that before, fella. I used to work in Millom. I'll take your word for itMain Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:40 pmThe 9:44 train from Millom last Saturday said different a fair few boarded.Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:31 pm Most Millomites are MUFC and Liverpool. A few go to watch our home games too. I've never known anyone in Millom who supports Carlisle![]()
Grapevine says a few Oldham fans traveling up for this game.
The return of John Sheridan has enticed a few more back to Boundary Park but there are still many who continue to boycott their home games.
Apparently, there's 'history' between themselves and Carlisle.
They'll probably cheer on The Bluebirds
Just hope everyone behaves themselves.
Shiver Me Timbers
-
Cromwell58
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 840
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:30 pm
- Contact:
Re: Carlisle
This is all getting silly more to worry about is the state of Europe.
Re: Carlisle
Sister lives in Oldham and her husband goes to Boundary Park now and again and he reckons there are quite a few coming up from Oldham tomorrow.Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:16 pmI've never heard of that before, fella. I used to work in Millom. I'll take your word for itMain Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:40 pm
The 9:44 train from Millom last Saturday said different a fair few boarded.![]()
Grapevine says a few Oldham fans traveling up for this game.
The return of John Sheridan has enticed a few more back to Boundary Park but there are still many who continue to boycott their home games.
Apparently, there's 'history' between themselves and Carlisle.
They'll probably cheer on The Bluebirds![]()
Just hope everyone behaves themselves.
Re: Carlisle
Never really been any problems between us and Oldham, apart from a small amount of 'Handbags' at their place a couple of weeks back after our last minute winner, and a couple of Carlisle 'idiots' just before the game. Absolutely nothing to say there is 'History' between the two sets of fans.mall wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:47 pmSister lives in Oldham and her husband goes to Boundary Park now and again and he reckons there are quite a few coming up from Oldham tomorrow.Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:16 pm
I've never heard of that before, fella. I used to work in Millom. I'll take your word for it![]()
Grapevine says a few Oldham fans traveling up for this game.
The return of John Sheridan has enticed a few more back to Boundary Park but there are still many who continue to boycott their home games.
Apparently, there's 'history' between themselves and Carlisle.
They'll probably cheer on The Bluebirds![]()
Just hope everyone behaves themselves.
Re: Carlisle
Yes absolutely spot on, however I just know what some people are like, so hopefully nowt will happen.Steeley wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:56 pmThere was loads of Bradford fans in the stand on NyD. As long as people don’t act like idiots (both sides) then it should be fine. Used to share the terraces with Hucknall fans etc so why not if other fans want to put money in our tills .Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:16 pm I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Carlisle supporters are in with Barrow fans. There has always been a Carlisle following from Millom and a number based in Kendal and South Cumbria. They could have easily bought tickets for themselves and Carlisle based supporters. Hospitality will I believe will also have some Carlisle supporters in attendance
As it happens I know of at least 5 Carlisle fans who have tickets for the home areas, however all the ones I know are reasonably decent friendly people.
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8339
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Carlisle
What’s meant to happen at this amnesty?Carlisle1970 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:36 pm Possibly an amnesty before the game apparently, we had one a couple of years back at Morecambe.
Have you had one in recent years ?
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Carlisle
A cup of tea and a cake and general chat about the state of the world, petrol prices and the rising cost of living. Nothing major to worry about.
Re: Carlisle
Former premier league Robert Manley is the ref for tommorrows game, previously sacked (nowt to do with his referring ability) before joining league 2.
-
Lancaster Branch
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5509
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: Carlisle
I’ve been at a Morecambe game when they’ve done this, they announce on the public address system that any away fans with a ticket in the home section can move into the away bit, no questions asked.HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:29 pmWhat’s meant to happen at this amnesty?Carlisle1970 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:36 pm Possibly an amnesty before the game apparently, we had one a couple of years back at Morecambe.
Have you had one in recent years ?
I’d be amazed if that happens tomorrow.
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4102
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Carlisle
I don't get why any Oldham fans would want to come up to watch Barrow when they have their own game on.
I'm sure if some Carlisle fans are in the home end it won't be a massive issue. Obviously if they try to get in full Carlisle grear singing and chanting they wont get in or will get ejaculated
I'm sure if some Carlisle fans are in the home end it won't be a massive issue. Obviously if they try to get in full Carlisle grear singing and chanting they wont get in or will get ejaculated
-
AugustusCorpa
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1707
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Carlisle
Does seem a bit weird especially as Oldham are playing at home and need all the support they can get.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Main Stand SeasonTct and 34 guests