Carlisle

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Locked
cufcaussiebranch
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:46 am
Contact:

Carlisle

Post by cufcaussiebranch » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:58 am

Hello Barrovians.

Although I'm a Carlisle fan my late father and Grandad were both Barrow fans and I've been to Holker St. many times, went to Wembley in 1990 against Leek Town. Definitely got a huge soft spot for the Bluebirds and Carlisle is the only game I want to see you lose .

I was looking at Barrow's crowds and you've got a very healthy average. I know we've sold out our allocation for next Saturday's game but what are you expecting, will it be a sell out like the Villa game.

I think a draw would be my ideal result for this game considering your position!

really hoping we can both survive this season. Up the Blues, up the Bluebirds!

User avatar
Steeley
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5750
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Carlisle

Post by Steeley » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:26 am

No chance it will sell out maybe push 3.5k
Bish=God

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8339
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle

Post by HenneysKnee » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:07 am

Be disappointed if the crowd isn’t over 4,000 tbh but haven’t seen anything about how many we’ve sold so far anywhere. If we won on Tuesday night I’d imagine it would definitely be over 4000

Tomo
Senior Member
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:17 am
Contact:

Re: Carlisle

Post by Tomo » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:19 am

3,500 ? Stop being silly we get that for a normal game ! The crowd will be well over 4,000 .

AugustusCorpa
Gold Member
Posts: 1707
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle

Post by AugustusCorpa » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:24 am

Something around 4000 mark which is pretty good when you consider we’ve only won about 3 games at home all season.

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Carlisle

Post by spirit of 1990 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:46 am

I’m amazed we’ve been getting gates of around the 3,000 mark each home game, the football is poor to watch, goals are as rare as rocking horse shit and we very rarely win…very very rarely! Cooper doesn’t seem to know how to turn it around and I’m struggling to see where our next win will come from, Tuesday is a massive game.
Next Saturday….I’d be disappointed with a gate of less than 4K.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

bluedevil
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: Carlisle

Post by bluedevil » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:55 am

I know a fair number of people in Carlisle are wanting tickets. :skill: :mrgreen:

FanzoneFan
Veteran Member
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: Carlisle

Post by FanzoneFan » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:57 am

Club apparently expecting a crowd of around 4,600 -

Carlisle1970
New Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:48 am
Contact:

Re: Carlisle

Post by Carlisle1970 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:55 am

Any tickets for sale lads ? 😂
Will pay double 💙

bluedevil
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: Carlisle

Post by bluedevil » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:01 pm

How are your lot selling tickets anyhow?
Can you just march up to the ticket office and buy one?

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:06 pm

bluedevil wrote: ↑Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:01 pm How are your lot selling tickets anyhow?
Can you just march up to the ticket office and buy one?
They put them on sale to season ticket holders only of which they have around 1700 after the Swindon game on February 19th. They sold out by Monday February 28th. I believe a handful of South Cumbria based Carlisle fans have booked into hospitality for the game.

saltcellar
Platinum Member
Posts: 2841
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle

Post by saltcellar » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:32 pm

Only 37 seats unsold in the Brian Arrowsmith stand.

bluedevil
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: Carlisle

Post by bluedevil » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:37 pm

Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:06 pm
bluedevil wrote: ↑Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:01 pm How are your lot selling tickets anyhow?
Can you just march up to the ticket office and buy one?
They put them on sale to season ticket holders only of which they have around 1700 after the Swindon game on February 19th. They sold out by Monday February 28th. I believe a handful of South Cumbria based Carlisle fans have booked into hospitality for the game.
Yes I know that, I'm a Carlisle fan, I was wondering how Barrow are selling tickets?
Like do you have to have a South Cumbrian postcode?
How many tickets can season ticket holders have?
Are tickets available on the day?
That sort of thing.

MilnthorpeBlue
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle

Post by MilnthorpeBlue » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:06 pm

What he's trying to say is, if you want a sell out, turn a blind eye to who's buying tickets.

User avatar
Bombadel
Silver Member
Posts: 1459
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Carlisle

Post by Bombadel » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:11 pm

bluedevil wrote: ↑Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:37 pm
Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:06 pm

They put them on sale to season ticket holders only of which they have around 1700 after the Swindon game on February 19th. They sold out by Monday February 28th. I believe a handful of South Cumbria based Carlisle fans have booked into hospitality for the game.
Yes I know that, I'm a Carlisle fan, I was wondering how Barrow are selling tickets?
Like do you have to have a South Cumbrian postcode?
How many tickets can season ticket holders have?
Are tickets available on the day?
That sort of thing.
Basically, we turn up to the ground, there’s a door that not many are aware of, knock to the tune of “back of holker street” in Morse code, then you have to pronounce “hawcoat” and “roose” correctly before anything can be exchanged. In all seriousness, Carlisle already posted the most of the details you need on the Twitter account, if you don’t have one, google is your friend. Hope it’s a good game, partners from Carlisle, always cracks me up when she says things like “he’s got a head like a tunchkin mellet” or “gan scoppin coddies down the parney”

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Stand By Me and 17 guests