I wonder how long he takes to work out who that is - despite the clue?Azrael wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 7:26 pmYou're absolutely right there, strikers with bad goalscoring records never suddenly turn into Harry Kane. You wouldn't go signing a fella like this would you?Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Mon May 02, 2022 6:33 pm
I doubt if Jürgen Kraut or Pep Guardiola could make him a better player.
A striker who only scored 21 goals in 3 seasons at Walsall ain't suddenly gonna become Harry Kane, now, is he? Get rid!
Zanzala
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: Zanzala
Lancashire;- born and bred
- Sea Dog Sam
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 790
- Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Zanzala
Nope; incorrect there, old bean (grammeroldboy)grammaroldboy wrote: ↑Mon May 02, 2022 7:42 pm Jurgen "Kraut"....oh dear!
Methinks you read the Sun too much "fella"
I suppose you read The Observer - obviously - because you attended the grammer school. Nothing like elitism, eh, old boy? I bet you still wear the old school tie, eh? What? Haw Haw Haw...
Shiver Me Timbers
- Sea Dog Sam
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 790
- Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Zanzala
No need to repeat yourself, fellabamber678 wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 5:19 pmNot born, not born, not born, still not born and at the side of the pitch passing the team balls when they went out. Sorry that I couldn’t watch players when I wasn’t aroundSea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 11:58 am
I attended most home games and quite a few away games when Quigley was playing for us, fella. I wonder where YOU were when Tony Field, Jimmy Mulholland, Jimmy Mulvaney, Colin Cowperwaite and Jason Walker were playing for usNever mind; you've probably never heard of them. You were probably too busy reading through the 'Dummies Guide for Gob Shi*es'
Regarding Quigley's record - I agree. However; we had a manager at the time - Ian Evett - who obviously had a gift for recognising potential and helping players to blossom. Recently, all we've had is a couple of managers who wouldn't know a decent striker from a below average dish washer.
What's your year of birth got to do with anything? Anyone knowing of our club's history would have immediately recognised the names of the players I mentioned. Maybe you've been sat at home too much watching the scousers on TV
Shiver Me Timbers
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Zanzala
Under contract, was okay in flashes, like bits against oldham and bradford.
Got to give lad a chance with a new manager.
Got to give lad a chance with a new manager.
Re: Zanzala
Year of birth has everything to do with it when you’re asking where I was throughout history you moronSea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 8:49 pmNo need to repeat yourself, fella![]()
What's your year of birth got to do with anything? Anyone knowing of our club's history would have immediately recognised the names of the players I mentioned. Maybe you've been sat at home too much watching the scousers on TVDo some reading on the players I mentioned - Phil Yelland wrote a good book on our club, I believe?
- Sea Dog Sam
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 790
- Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Zanzala
Oh, it's Moron, now is it?
Touched a nerve, have I?
Listen; I didn't ask where you were throughout history - like I give a f**k! Maybe you should think before posting on here? You think it's cool to suggest that I stay at home watching Man United on TV (one of your previous posts on this thread) ie take the pi** (or try to) but become abusive when your Cage is rattled, eh? Dish it out but can't take it, eh? There's a word for people like you - starts with the letter P and ends with K and rhymes with Kick
Do you want me to spell it out?
Listen; I didn't ask where you were throughout history - like I give a f**k! Maybe you should think before posting on here? You think it's cool to suggest that I stay at home watching Man United on TV (one of your previous posts on this thread) ie take the pi** (or try to) but become abusive when your Cage is rattled, eh? Dish it out but can't take it, eh? There's a word for people like you - starts with the letter P and ends with K and rhymes with Kick
Do you want me to spell it out?
Shiver Me Timbers
Re: Zanzala
Going all out attack when you’ve messed trying to catch me out, you’re not the smartest so don’t try. Older than me but certainly not wiserSea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 pm Oh, it's Moron, now is it?Touched a nerve, have I?
![]()
Listen; I didn't ask where you were throughout history - like I give a f**k! Maybe you should think before posting on here? You think it's cool to suggest that I stay at home watching Man United on TV (one of your previous posts on this thread) ie take the pi** (or try to) but become abusive when your Cage is rattled, eh? Dish it out but can't take it, eh? There's a word for people like you - starts with the letter P and ends with K and rhymes with Kick
Do you want me to spell it out?![]()
Re: Zanzala
Crikey, this has turned a bit Ron Manager-esque hasn’t it hmm…Is George Best the old Ryan Giggs? But Giggsy-Wiggsy. Precocious talent, isn't he? Mmm? Ooh, got it all, you know? Speed, acceleration, sweet left foot, all the tricks - the dummy, the drop of the shoulder, the shimmy, nutmeg, jiggery-pokery, hocus pocus, abracadabra, I wanna reach out and grab ya. Steve Miller Band? Spin Doctors? Ooh, very similar.Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 pm Oh, it's Moron, now is it?Touched a nerve, have I?
![]()
Listen; I didn't ask where you were throughout history - like I give a f**k! Maybe you should think before posting on here? You think it's cool to suggest that I stay at home watching Man United on TV (one of your previous posts on this thread) ie take the pi** (or try to) but become abusive when your Cage is rattled, eh? Dish it out but can't take it, eh? There's a word for people like you - starts with the letter P and ends with K and rhymes with Kick
Do you want me to spell it out?![]()
This forum is absolute gold dust
- Sea Dog Sam
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 790
- Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Zanzala
Listen Bamber - you're certainly no Gascoignebamber678 wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 9:53 pmGoing all out attack when you’ve messed trying to catch me out, you’re not the smartest so don’t try. Older than me but certainly not wiserSea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 pm Oh, it's Moron, now is it?Touched a nerve, have I?
![]()
Listen; I didn't ask where you were throughout history - like I give a f**k! Maybe you should think before posting on here? You think it's cool to suggest that I stay at home watching Man United on TV (one of your previous posts on this thread) ie take the pi** (or try to) but become abusive when your Cage is rattled, eh? Dish it out but can't take it, eh? There's a word for people like you - starts with the letter P and ends with K and rhymes with Kick
Do you want me to spell it out?![]()
Judging from your feebly worded comments on here I'd be very reluctant to use the words 'smartest' and 'wiser' if I were you.
As I stated previously; if you can't take it - then don't dish it out!
Shiver Me Timbers
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: Zanzala
perhaps he's more like Paul Gascoigne than Bamber?Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 20, 2022 2:10 pmListen Bamber - you're certainly no Gascoigne![]()
Judging from your feebly worded comments on here I'd be very reluctant to use the words 'smartest' and 'wiser' if I were you.
As I stated previously; if you can't take it - then don't dish it out!![]()
Lancashire;- born and bred
- Sea Dog Sam
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 790
- Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Zanzala
Exactly!chipmunx wrote: ↑Fri May 20, 2022 2:37 pmperhaps he's more like Paul Gascoigne than Bamber?Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 20, 2022 2:10 pm
Listen Bamber - you're certainly no Gascoigne![]()
Judging from your feebly worded comments on here I'd be very reluctant to use the words 'smartest' and 'wiser' if I were you.
As I stated previously; if you can't take it - then don't dish it out!![]()
Shiver Me Timbers
Re: Zanzala
One of England's greatest ever footballers? What a comparison! thanks for the compliment, i'll take that!chipmunx wrote: ↑Fri May 20, 2022 2:37 pmperhaps he's more like Paul Gascoigne than Bamber?Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 20, 2022 2:10 pm
Listen Bamber - you're certainly no Gascoigne![]()
Judging from your feebly worded comments on here I'd be very reluctant to use the words 'smartest' and 'wiser' if I were you.
As I stated previously; if you can't take it - then don't dish it out!![]()
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Zanzala
P.I.C.K Do I win a prizeSea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 pm Oh, it's Moron, now is it?Touched a nerve, have I?
![]()
Listen; I didn't ask where you were throughout history - like I give a f**k! Maybe you should think before posting on here? You think it's cool to suggest that I stay at home watching Man United on TV (one of your previous posts on this thread) ie take the pi** (or try to) but become abusive when your Cage is rattled, eh? Dish it out but can't take it, eh? There's a word for people like you - starts with the letter P and ends with K and rhymes with Kick
Do you want me to spell it out?![]()
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3425
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
- Sea Dog Sam
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 790
- Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Zanzala
His footballing skills are unquestionable. He wasn't very bright, though
Shiver Me Timbers
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests