Zanzala

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
chipmunx
Gold Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
Location: Fortress Holker Street
Contact:

Re: Zanzala

Post by chipmunx » Fri May 06, 2022 7:58 pm

Azrael wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 7:26 pm
Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Mon May 02, 2022 6:33 pm

I doubt if Jürgen Kraut or Pep Guardiola could make him a better player.
A striker who only scored 21 goals in 3 seasons at Walsall ain't suddenly gonna become Harry Kane, now, is he? Get rid!
You're absolutely right there, strikers with bad goalscoring records never suddenly turn into Harry Kane. You wouldn't go signing a fella like this would you?
I wonder how long he takes to work out who that is - despite the clue?
Lancashire;- born and bred

User avatar
Sea Dog Sam
Bronze Member
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Zanzala

Post by Sea Dog Sam » Fri May 06, 2022 8:39 pm

grammaroldboy wrote: ↑Mon May 02, 2022 7:42 pm Jurgen "Kraut"....oh dear!
Methinks you read the Sun too much "fella"
Nope; incorrect there, old bean (grammeroldboy) :lol:
I suppose you read The Observer - obviously - because you attended the grammer school. Nothing like elitism, eh, old boy? I bet you still wear the old school tie, eh? What? Haw Haw Haw...
Shiver Me Timbers

User avatar
Sea Dog Sam
Bronze Member
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Zanzala

Post by Sea Dog Sam » Fri May 06, 2022 8:49 pm

bamber678 wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 5:19 pm
Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 11:58 am

I attended most home games and quite a few away games when Quigley was playing for us, fella. I wonder where YOU were when Tony Field, Jimmy Mulholland, Jimmy Mulvaney, Colin Cowperwaite and Jason Walker were playing for us :?: Never mind; you've probably never heard of them. You were probably too busy reading through the 'Dummies Guide for Gob Shi*es'

Regarding Quigley's record - I agree. However; we had a manager at the time - Ian Evett - who obviously had a gift for recognising potential and helping players to blossom. Recently, all we've had is a couple of managers who wouldn't know a decent striker from a below average dish washer.
Not born, not born, not born, still not born and at the side of the pitch passing the team balls when they went out. Sorry that I couldn’t watch players when I wasn’t around
No need to repeat yourself, fella :)
What's your year of birth got to do with anything? Anyone knowing of our club's history would have immediately recognised the names of the players I mentioned. Maybe you've been sat at home too much watching the scousers on TV ;) Do some reading on the players I mentioned - Phil Yelland wrote a good book on our club, I believe?
Shiver Me Timbers

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Zanzala

Post by boyliegladbach » Fri May 06, 2022 8:54 pm

Under contract, was okay in flashes, like bits against oldham and bradford.
Got to give lad a chance with a new manager.

User avatar
bamber678
Bronze Member
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:18 pm
Location: Dalton
Contact:

Re: Zanzala

Post by bamber678 » Fri May 06, 2022 8:57 pm

Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 8:49 pm
bamber678 wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 5:19 pm

Not born, not born, not born, still not born and at the side of the pitch passing the team balls when they went out. Sorry that I couldn’t watch players when I wasn’t around
No need to repeat yourself, fella :)
What's your year of birth got to do with anything? Anyone knowing of our club's history would have immediately recognised the names of the players I mentioned. Maybe you've been sat at home too much watching the scousers on TV ;) Do some reading on the players I mentioned - Phil Yelland wrote a good book on our club, I believe?
Year of birth has everything to do with it when you’re asking where I was throughout history you moron 😂

User avatar
Sea Dog Sam
Bronze Member
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Zanzala

Post by Sea Dog Sam » Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 pm

Oh, it's Moron, now is it? :o Touched a nerve, have I? ;)
Listen; I didn't ask where you were throughout history - like I give a f**k! Maybe you should think before posting on here? You think it's cool to suggest that I stay at home watching Man United on TV (one of your previous posts on this thread) ie take the pi** (or try to) but become abusive when your Cage is rattled, eh? Dish it out but can't take it, eh? There's a word for people like you - starts with the letter P and ends with K and rhymes with Kick
Do you want me to spell it out? :D
Shiver Me Timbers

User avatar
bamber678
Bronze Member
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:18 pm
Location: Dalton
Contact:

Re: Zanzala

Post by bamber678 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:53 pm

Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 pm Oh, it's Moron, now is it? :o Touched a nerve, have I? ;)
Listen; I didn't ask where you were throughout history - like I give a f**k! Maybe you should think before posting on here? You think it's cool to suggest that I stay at home watching Man United on TV (one of your previous posts on this thread) ie take the pi** (or try to) but become abusive when your Cage is rattled, eh? Dish it out but can't take it, eh? There's a word for people like you - starts with the letter P and ends with K and rhymes with Kick
Do you want me to spell it out? :D
Going all out attack when you’ve messed trying to catch me out, you’re not the smartest so don’t try. Older than me but certainly not wiser

Etsjb
Senior Member
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Zanzala

Post by Etsjb » Sat May 07, 2022 7:52 pm

Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 pm Oh, it's Moron, now is it? :o Touched a nerve, have I? ;)
Listen; I didn't ask where you were throughout history - like I give a f**k! Maybe you should think before posting on here? You think it's cool to suggest that I stay at home watching Man United on TV (one of your previous posts on this thread) ie take the pi** (or try to) but become abusive when your Cage is rattled, eh? Dish it out but can't take it, eh? There's a word for people like you - starts with the letter P and ends with K and rhymes with Kick
Do you want me to spell it out? :D
Crikey, this has turned a bit Ron Manager-esque hasn’t it hmm…Is George Best the old Ryan Giggs? But Giggsy-Wiggsy. Precocious talent, isn't he? Mmm? Ooh, got it all, you know? Speed, acceleration, sweet left foot, all the tricks - the dummy, the drop of the shoulder, the shimmy, nutmeg, jiggery-pokery, hocus pocus, abracadabra, I wanna reach out and grab ya. Steve Miller Band? Spin Doctors? Ooh, very similar.

This forum is absolute gold dust 😆

User avatar
Sea Dog Sam
Bronze Member
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Zanzala

Post by Sea Dog Sam » Fri May 20, 2022 2:10 pm

bamber678 wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 9:53 pm
Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 pm Oh, it's Moron, now is it? :o Touched a nerve, have I? ;)
Listen; I didn't ask where you were throughout history - like I give a f**k! Maybe you should think before posting on here? You think it's cool to suggest that I stay at home watching Man United on TV (one of your previous posts on this thread) ie take the pi** (or try to) but become abusive when your Cage is rattled, eh? Dish it out but can't take it, eh? There's a word for people like you - starts with the letter P and ends with K and rhymes with Kick
Do you want me to spell it out? :D
Going all out attack when you’ve messed trying to catch me out, you’re not the smartest so don’t try. Older than me but certainly not wiser
Listen Bamber - you're certainly no Gascoigne ;)
Judging from your feebly worded comments on here I'd be very reluctant to use the words 'smartest' and 'wiser' if I were you.

As I stated previously; if you can't take it - then don't dish it out! :D
Shiver Me Timbers

User avatar
chipmunx
Gold Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
Location: Fortress Holker Street
Contact:

Re: Zanzala

Post by chipmunx » Fri May 20, 2022 2:37 pm

Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 20, 2022 2:10 pm
bamber678 wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 9:53 pm

Going all out attack when you’ve messed trying to catch me out, you’re not the smartest so don’t try. Older than me but certainly not wiser
Listen Bamber - you're certainly no Gascoigne ;)
Judging from your feebly worded comments on here I'd be very reluctant to use the words 'smartest' and 'wiser' if I were you.

As I stated previously; if you can't take it - then don't dish it out! :D
perhaps he's more like Paul Gascoigne than Bamber?
Lancashire;- born and bred

User avatar
Sea Dog Sam
Bronze Member
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Zanzala

Post by Sea Dog Sam » Fri May 20, 2022 2:57 pm

chipmunx wrote: ↑Fri May 20, 2022 2:37 pm
Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 20, 2022 2:10 pm

Listen Bamber - you're certainly no Gascoigne ;)
Judging from your feebly worded comments on here I'd be very reluctant to use the words 'smartest' and 'wiser' if I were you.

As I stated previously; if you can't take it - then don't dish it out! :D
perhaps he's more like Paul Gascoigne than Bamber?
Exactly! :lol:
Shiver Me Timbers

User avatar
bamber678
Bronze Member
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:18 pm
Location: Dalton
Contact:

Re: Zanzala

Post by bamber678 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:20 pm

chipmunx wrote: ↑Fri May 20, 2022 2:37 pm
Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 20, 2022 2:10 pm

Listen Bamber - you're certainly no Gascoigne ;)
Judging from your feebly worded comments on here I'd be very reluctant to use the words 'smartest' and 'wiser' if I were you.

As I stated previously; if you can't take it - then don't dish it out! :D
perhaps he's more like Paul Gascoigne than Bamber?
One of England's greatest ever footballers? What a comparison! thanks for the compliment, i'll take that!

mickmike wilson
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5435
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Zanzala

Post by mickmike wilson » Sat May 21, 2022 4:16 pm

Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 pm Oh, it's Moron, now is it? :o Touched a nerve, have I? ;)
Listen; I didn't ask where you were throughout history - like I give a f**k! Maybe you should think before posting on here? You think it's cool to suggest that I stay at home watching Man United on TV (one of your previous posts on this thread) ie take the pi** (or try to) but become abusive when your Cage is rattled, eh? Dish it out but can't take it, eh? There's a word for people like you - starts with the letter P and ends with K and rhymes with Kick
Do you want me to spell it out? :D
P.I.C.K Do I win a prize 😁

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3425
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: Zanzala

Post by bluessupporter » Sun May 22, 2022 12:07 pm

Looks like he won't be staying there`.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/20157054 ... /?ref=ebls

User avatar
Sea Dog Sam
Bronze Member
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Zanzala

Post by Sea Dog Sam » Sun May 22, 2022 1:42 pm

bamber678 wrote: ↑Fri May 20, 2022 5:20 pm
chipmunx wrote: ↑Fri May 20, 2022 2:37 pm

perhaps he's more like Paul Gascoigne than Bamber?
One of England's greatest ever footballers? What a comparison! thanks for the compliment, i'll take that!
His footballing skills are unquestionable. He wasn't very bright, though ;)
Shiver Me Timbers

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baxterj732, carnivalofshrews and 27 guests