EFL Safeguarding?

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
RedWeb
Veteran Member
Posts: 692
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:57 am
Contact:

EFL Safeguarding?

Post by RedWeb » Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:51 pm

Barrow just tweeted:
Please note, that due to EFL Safeguarding regulations, children under the age of 14 will now need to be accompanied by an adult when attending games at Holker Street.
Crikey, I started going to football when I was about 12-13. Always used to go with my mate who was a year or so younger. My dad wasn't a football fan and he never went with me. Strange rule.

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3430
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: EFL Safeguarding?

Post by bluessupporter » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:11 pm

Well at least they will save on free tickets for kids!

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: EFL Safeguarding?

Post by Adam29 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:14 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:11 pm Well at least they will save on free tickets for kids!
It isn’t a club decision, it’s an EFL regulation therefore out of the clubs hands

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3430
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: EFL Safeguarding?

Post by bluessupporter » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:36 pm

Adam29 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:14 pm
bluessupporter wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:11 pm Well at least they will save on free tickets for kids!
It isn’t a club decision, it’s an EFL regulation therefore out of the clubs hands
Having read the statement above I realise that Adam. It was merely an observation.

Burnage Bluebird
Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:18 pm
Location: Burnage
Contact:

Re: EFL Safeguarding?

Post by Burnage Bluebird » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:42 pm

I purchased an under 18s season ticket for my 11 year nephew, he goes with friends.
Youre telling me I've wasted my money

EL CHAS
Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:49 pm
Contact:

Re: EFL Safeguarding?

Post by EL CHAS » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:13 pm

Ridiculous- started going to Holker St while at Junior school ,so aged 9 or 10, without an adult. Safeguarding? More Woke nonsense destroying normal life. Parents are responsible for their childrens well being- not the EFL. Best to just ignore it.

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7262
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: EFL Safeguarding?

Post by Jim » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:53 pm

Agree with previous sentiments. I could just about accept that it might be necessary if the age limit was 11 or below - but 14?

SKIPPER
Platinum Member
Posts: 3716
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:55 pm
Contact:

Re: EFL Safeguarding?

Post by SKIPPER » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:57 pm

Can see there being a backlash from far bigger clubs than us. I went with my dad until I started senior school at 11 in 1959. Never went to another game with him till 1967 when he stepped in for an away trip to Halifax when my mate dropped out.I even went on my own to two away games when I was 12 at Wukkie and Chester.Questions have to be asked especially so close to the start of the season and the season ticket question (imagine how many kids season tickets some will have sold). Finally if we are talking about safeguarding how if kids hang around outside and ask complete strangers to take them in, Very safe. Not !

M6 BLUE
Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:18 pm
Contact:

Re: EFL Safeguarding?

Post by M6 BLUE » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:00 pm

EL CHAS wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:13 pm Ridiculous- started going to Holker St while at Junior school ,so aged 9 or 10, without an adult. Safeguarding? More Woke nonsense destroying normal life. Parents are responsible for their childrens well being- not the EFL. Best to just ignore it.
Half a dozen clubs should get together and tell them where to stick their woke shite.

What are they going to do expel 6 clubs Are they hell as like

It really is time the clubs explained to Parry its them who own the bloody league not him He should be doing what they tell him not the other way round.

It's going to be very interesting how they deal with Andy Holt over I player because having spoken to him I can tell you unless he gets what he wants he ain't going to back down but it really is time clubs like Barrow got behind him.

https://theathletic.com/3423113/2022/07 ... ed_article

It's obscene that the 3 clubs mentioned all made between 500 and 750k from I.Player whereas Accy got less than 30k and they make it quite clear that they're looking for the next tv deal to be divided up on a similar basis.

Hes told them he's not providing a stream of their home games to I.Player and unless the other clubs and the EFL play ball he.ll give the club its 30k stick their own feed up and if other clubs fans want to watch it they.ll have to buy it straight from him

Bradders
Senior Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:29 pm
Contact:

Re: EFL Safeguarding?

Post by Bradders » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:23 pm

I was on bill ablitts bus at 11. Joke this I know lots of kids who go with their mates. I just hope a couple of blind eyes are turned.

cottingham bluebird
Senior Member
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: The promised land
Contact:

Re: EFL Safeguarding?

Post by cottingham bluebird » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:30 pm

Just take a kid in with you problem solved
:scarf: :skill: :D

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11128
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: EFL Safeguarding?

Post by Jonty » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:43 pm

I’m reading the EFL guidance on safeguarding and so far I can’t see anything that says “EFL regulation - children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult”

Are you sure this isn’t a club decision?
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

cottingham bluebird
Senior Member
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: The promised land
Contact:

Re: EFL Safeguarding?

Post by cottingham bluebird » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:48 pm

Jonty wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:43 pm I’m reading the EFL guidance on safeguarding and so far I can’t see anything that says “EFL regulation - children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult”

Are you sure this isn’t a club decision?
If it is the club it's the worst decision ever
:scarf: :skill: :D

saltcellar
Platinum Member
Posts: 2841
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: EFL Safeguarding?

Post by saltcellar » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:51 pm

This is all very vague.
Is it 1 adult per child or can several under 14's enter with one adult?
Also as a person aged 18 or over is classed as an adult, who is going to check that persons date of birth?

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11128
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: EFL Safeguarding?

Post by Jonty » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:59 pm

cottingham bluebird wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:48 pm
Jonty wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:43 pm I’m reading the EFL guidance on safeguarding and so far I can’t see anything that says “EFL regulation - children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult”

Are you sure this isn’t a club decision?
If it is the club it's the worst decision ever
If it is an EFL safeguarding regulation as it is defined in the tweet then I would expect to hear the club’s views on it, not just a one liner. Its just a very vague statement “due to EFL regulations” - where’s does it say this in EFL safeguarding expectations on each EFL club?
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baxterj732, McMark, Stand By Me and 24 guests