Crikey, I started going to football when I was about 12-13. Always used to go with my mate who was a year or so younger. My dad wasn't a football fan and he never went with me. Strange rule.Please note, that due to EFL Safeguarding regulations, children under the age of 14 will now need to be accompanied by an adult when attending games at Holker Street.
EFL Safeguarding?
EFL Safeguarding?
Barrow just tweeted:
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3430
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Well at least they will save on free tickets for kids!
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
It isn’t a club decision, it’s an EFL regulation therefore out of the clubs handsbluessupporter wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:11 pm Well at least they will save on free tickets for kids!
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3430
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Having read the statement above I realise that Adam. It was merely an observation.Adam29 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:14 pmIt isn’t a club decision, it’s an EFL regulation therefore out of the clubs handsbluessupporter wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:11 pm Well at least they will save on free tickets for kids!
-
Burnage Bluebird
- Member
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:18 pm
- Location: Burnage
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
I purchased an under 18s season ticket for my 11 year nephew, he goes with friends.
Youre telling me I've wasted my money
Youre telling me I've wasted my money
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Ridiculous- started going to Holker St while at Junior school ,so aged 9 or 10, without an adult. Safeguarding? More Woke nonsense destroying normal life. Parents are responsible for their childrens well being- not the EFL. Best to just ignore it.
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Agree with previous sentiments. I could just about accept that it might be necessary if the age limit was 11 or below - but 14?
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Can see there being a backlash from far bigger clubs than us. I went with my dad until I started senior school at 11 in 1959. Never went to another game with him till 1967 when he stepped in for an away trip to Halifax when my mate dropped out.I even went on my own to two away games when I was 12 at Wukkie and Chester.Questions have to be asked especially so close to the start of the season and the season ticket question (imagine how many kids season tickets some will have sold). Finally if we are talking about safeguarding how if kids hang around outside and ask complete strangers to take them in, Very safe. Not !
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Half a dozen clubs should get together and tell them where to stick their woke shite.
What are they going to do expel 6 clubs Are they hell as like
It really is time the clubs explained to Parry its them who own the bloody league not him He should be doing what they tell him not the other way round.
It's going to be very interesting how they deal with Andy Holt over I player because having spoken to him I can tell you unless he gets what he wants he ain't going to back down but it really is time clubs like Barrow got behind him.
https://theathletic.com/3423113/2022/07 ... ed_article
It's obscene that the 3 clubs mentioned all made between 500 and 750k from I.Player whereas Accy got less than 30k and they make it quite clear that they're looking for the next tv deal to be divided up on a similar basis.
Hes told them he's not providing a stream of their home games to I.Player and unless the other clubs and the EFL play ball he.ll give the club its 30k stick their own feed up and if other clubs fans want to watch it they.ll have to buy it straight from him
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
I was on bill ablitts bus at 11. Joke this I know lots of kids who go with their mates. I just hope a couple of blind eyes are turned.
-
cottingham bluebird
- Senior Member
- Posts: 252
- Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:06 pm
- Location: The promised land
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
I’m reading the EFL guidance on safeguarding and so far I can’t see anything that says “EFL regulation - children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult”
Are you sure this isn’t a club decision?
Are you sure this isn’t a club decision?
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
cottingham bluebird
- Senior Member
- Posts: 252
- Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:06 pm
- Location: The promised land
- Contact:
-
saltcellar
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2841
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
This is all very vague.
Is it 1 adult per child or can several under 14's enter with one adult?
Also as a person aged 18 or over is classed as an adult, who is going to check that persons date of birth?
Is it 1 adult per child or can several under 14's enter with one adult?
Also as a person aged 18 or over is classed as an adult, who is going to check that persons date of birth?
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
If it is an EFL safeguarding regulation as it is defined in the tweet then I would expect to hear the club’s views on it, not just a one liner. Its just a very vague statement “due to EFL regulations” - where’s does it say this in EFL safeguarding expectations on each EFL club?
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Arvo, Jonty, Semrush [Bot] and 17 guests