Stockport have.MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:49 pm I noticed that Stockport have also introduced the rule.
EFL Safeguarding?
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Maybe the club could section off an under 14 crèche area within the ground where they could safely watch the game with properly vetted stewards safeguarding them.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Stockport have that's not what one of their fans is saying!Alhosk wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:14 pmStockport have.MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:49 pm I noticed that Stockport have also introduced the rule.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Mark why? the club have made this decision but can't see how they've arrived at this decision but let's see how they explain it ( I won't hold my breath) personally I think it's an appalling decision made by someone out of their depth!
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
It appears to be all clubs are reviewing safeguarding rules because EFL are asking them too. Wasnt safeguarding one of the reasons for saying no academy yet?So why only blame Barrow
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
You're probably right but when you make a decision I.e. risk assessment etc. it has to be valued on risk etc ( before you ask I'm qualified on risk assessments) but common sense has also to be applied as I said how can we make this decision when allowing 2 sets of fans to risk clashing BUT our club/ police carry on regardless, JUST NO CONSISTENCY if we make decisions they surely have to be justified or what kind of society are we now in where people in certain positions are petrified of making a wrong call so make draconian decisions! sad ,must apologise Stockport are implementing this as well but some of their fans aren't aware I've sent them a link !
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
All EFL clubs appear to be tightening up on safeguarding requirements Maybe Barrow are trying to play catch up .Fans should have been made aware before season tickers were put on saleblue nige wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:07 pmYou're probably right but when you make a decision I.e. risk assessment etc. it has to be valued on risk etc ( before you ask I'm qualified on risk assessments) but common sense has also to be applied as I said how can we make this decision when allowing 2 sets of fans to risk clashing BUT our club/ police carry on regardless, JUST NO CONSISTENCY if we make decisions they surely have to be justified or what kind of society are we now in where people in certain positions are petrified of making a wrong call so make draconian decisions! sad ,must apologise Stockport are implementing this as well but some of their fans aren't aware I've sent them a link !
-
Ilford Mouse
- Member
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:46 am
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
I wonder what the EFL's reasoning is for this apparently arbitrary age limit? What else is it judged to be an appropriate age to do? Surely it has to be open to a legal challenge, particularly being introduced this close to the start of the season with junior season tickets already sold and with no prior warning. Would junior season ticket holders be able to claim a refund due to a change to terms and conditions being made after purchase?
I became a regular attending with mates from the start of secondary school aged 11 as neither of my parent where interested in football. At the time football was the be all and end all but by age 14 it was competing with music and girls. If I hadn't had the previous 3 years as a regular at Holker Street perhaps I wouldn't have got the same attachment.
I became a regular attending with mates from the start of secondary school aged 11 as neither of my parent where interested in football. At the time football was the be all and end all but by age 14 it was competing with music and girls. If I hadn't had the previous 3 years as a regular at Holker Street perhaps I wouldn't have got the same attachment.
-
bluebird90
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 653
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
From an alternative perspective; there’s a situation where adults are meeting children at games and involving them in their silly TMF fantasy.
Given that the town has had issues with sex offenders and county lines drugs, I would be very wary about who my child is meeting up with and what they’re doing.
Given that the town has had issues with sex offenders and county lines drugs, I would be very wary about who my child is meeting up with and what they’re doing.
-
BigBarrowFan10
- New Member
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:14 pm
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
So you're saying that those fellas are sex offenders and drug dealers? Have you any evidence of this? As that is some accusationbluebird90 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:14 am From an alternative perspective; there’s a situation where adults are meeting children at games and involving them in their silly TMF fantasy.
Given that the town has had issues with sex offenders and county lines drugs, I would be very wary about who my child is meeting up with and what they’re doing.
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Another alternative perspective is the adults go to pubs to meet up and drink, the children seek them out to live out their TMF fantasy?? The TMF dont exist, they havent since the 80sbluebird90 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:14 am From an alternative perspective; there’s a situation where adults are meeting children at games and involving them in their silly TMF fantasy.
Given that the town has had issues with sex offenders and county lines drugs, I would be very wary about who my child is meeting up with and what they’re doing.
-
bluebird90
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 653
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
It’s not an accusation. It’s making a point that there’s issues for parents to be aware of. Any adult that is meeting up with children at a football match in an unofficial capacity is very strange if you ask me.BigBarrowFan10 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:40 amSo you're saying that those fellas are sex offenders and drug dealers? Have you any evidence of this? As that is some accusationbluebird90 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:14 am From an alternative perspective; there’s a situation where adults are meeting children at games and involving them in their silly TMF fantasy.
Given that the town has had issues with sex offenders and county lines drugs, I would be very wary about who my child is meeting up with and what they’re doing.
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
A shame for kids who don't have an adult interested in football to take them.
My dad was a big rugby man but at the age of 7 I preferred the proper game. I used to go on my own or with kids from the street and have stayed with it ever since.
I hope common sense will prevail.
My dad was a big rugby man but at the age of 7 I preferred the proper game. I used to go on my own or with kids from the street and have stayed with it ever since.
I hope common sense will prevail.
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
totally agreeHolkerbird wrote: ↑Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:40 am A shame for kids who don't have an adult interested in football to take them.
My dad was a big rugby man but at the age of 7 I preferred the proper game. I used to go on my own or with kids from the street and have stayed with it ever since.
I hope common sense will prevail.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Well said Elaine but unfortunately going by what's happened over the years at our club sometimes this doesn't apply especially when implementing rules for Away fans and Home fans!Holkerbird wrote: ↑Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:40 am A shame for kids who don't have an adult interested in football to take them.
My dad was a big rugby man but at the age of 7 I preferred the proper game. I used to go on my own or with kids from the street and have stayed with it ever since.
I hope common sense will prevail.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Lee Hunt and 20 guests