Accrington match thread
Re: Accrington match thread
Too quote Mick McCarthy "it can't keep going on like this, IT CAN" feels like we will never win a game again all season at this rate, some serious changes and questions need to be answered as at current rate we are looking over our shoulders again, and well what do we do, all i can see is us slipping into that bottom two, and once we do (its a matter of when) that is it as far as Game Over for our league status and back into the abyss with a whimper.
Last edited by CH BAFC on Fri Dec 26, 2025 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Barrowfan92
- Member
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2025 8:27 pm
- Location: Yorkshire
- Contact:
Re: Accrington match thread
But old McDonald said in his pre match that he was better and ready to play
Where’s adu poku gone aswell
Let there be BARROVIAN BEDLAM

-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3247
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Accrington match thread
Personally I think it's what he is not saying that's the problem. He needs to lay it on the table just where are we with regards owners money in the future and how much longer are they able to continue.
Oh and as Jonty has said have we spoken to Team Barrow.
-
Blue Bayou
- Member
- Posts: 135
- Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2025 2:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Accrington match thread
blue nige wrote: ↑Fri Dec 26, 2025 6:24 pm Perhaps the silence is the answer, I fear the worst here !, the board sanctioned this current playing squad and they still believe that it's o.k.
We all knew it wasn't but as football fans you have to give it a go!
We're now facing the abyss the decisions taken over the next few days will define the clubs future!
Decisions taken over the next few days!
I wouldn't be so sure there will be any!
For me, the silence from the board makes it feel like it's the beginning of the end.
- Bigfathoss
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2767
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm
- Contact:
Re: Accrington match thread
Without the drive and financial support of most of the board we would be done and dusted, no doubt about that. Ultimately though, they are football fans just like the rest of us. They have no insight into football, tactics or players and managers that the rest of don't also have. That's why they appoint a DoF from a position of footballing knowledge...and they appointed a football agent instead. Not an ex-player, or an ex-manager, but somebody whose business it was to dupe/strongarm boards of football teams into getting the best deals for his clients.
Is any of that not true??
Is any of that not true??
Last edited by Bigfathoss on Fri Dec 26, 2025 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A=A
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.
Re: Accrington match thread
Josh had the perfect chance to put the game to bed but somehow put it over the bar. Both goals looked very soft. Back in Barrow and think without a big change we will be in the relegation battle for the foreseeable. Another shite away day.
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Accrington match thread
All correct.Bigfathoss wrote: ↑Fri Dec 26, 2025 6:45 pm Without the drive and financial support of most of the board we would be done and dusted, no doubt about that. Ultimately though, they are football fans just like the rest of us. They have no insight into football, tactics or players and managers that the rest of don't also have. That's why they appoint a DoF from a position of footballing knowledge...and they appointed a football agent instead. Not an ex-player, or an ex-manager, but somebody whose business it was to dupe/strongarm boards of football teams into getting the best deals for his clients.
Is any of that not true??
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: Accrington match thread
SITS VAC
The role: Striker
The company: Barrow AFC Ltd
The person: Would suit semi-retired person or old lag who is not a team player and has persistent injury problems
Key skills:
If this is you, please get your agent to bull you up something chronic and contact Barrow AFC in January
The role: Striker
The company: Barrow AFC Ltd
The person: Would suit semi-retired person or old lag who is not a team player and has persistent injury problems
Key skills:
- Proven record of not scoring too excessively
Ability to trot around for periods not to exceed 60 mins (Occasional flick-ons may be required)
High Body Mass Index
Superiority complex
Low concentration levels and stamina
Ability to wave arms in derogatory manner
Negative mental attitude
If this is you, please get your agent to bull you up something chronic and contact Barrow AFC in January
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
Re: Accrington match thread
In order to avoid the drop and push on, WE need to believe in ourselves. That’s the Board, the Manager, the Players and the Fans. It’s pretty clear from comments on here that fans don’t believe. From the performances on the pitch it looks as if the players don’t. Who will restore belief. Doesn’t look as if the current Board will, and the manager position is vacant. Things not looking good. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year. Bah Humbug!
Last edited by David881 on Fri Dec 26, 2025 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3425
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: Accrington match thread
It's the hope that kills you. Don't know who said that, but that's how it feels tonight.
I was in two minds whether to go to Accrington today, but finally decided against it, mainly due to the thought of driving home over Blubberhouses in the dark. As it was a lovely day, I decided instead to go to watch Darlington v South Shields, potentially a tasty match, this afternoon. Darlo's ground is a half hour walk from where I live, so I set off in good time. As I got closer to the ground, there was an odd lack of cars and people. Check phone - Darlington are winning at Scarborough and the home match is actually next Tuesday
I thought I could listen to the Barrow commentary on my walk back home, but couldn't log on to ifollow. Stopped to check the score occasionally, saw we were losing. Got home to find it was 1-1 and I was able to listen to the second half. It was sounding good, could it be our day, can we score and take the lead for once, but we kept missing chances. Around about 70th minute, after some bewildering substitutions, it sounded as if the momentum had switched to Accrington and I just could not listen any more, because although I hoped we might still grab a winner, somehow I knew in my gut what was going to happen - and when I plucked up the courage to check the final score, my doubts were confirmed.
It's the constant dashing of hope and the inevitability of what happens that really gets to me at the moment. I still think that with a few additions and the right leadership and organisation there is a team there that can get out of this rut, but it's the hope that kills you.
I was in two minds whether to go to Accrington today, but finally decided against it, mainly due to the thought of driving home over Blubberhouses in the dark. As it was a lovely day, I decided instead to go to watch Darlington v South Shields, potentially a tasty match, this afternoon. Darlo's ground is a half hour walk from where I live, so I set off in good time. As I got closer to the ground, there was an odd lack of cars and people. Check phone - Darlington are winning at Scarborough and the home match is actually next Tuesday
I thought I could listen to the Barrow commentary on my walk back home, but couldn't log on to ifollow. Stopped to check the score occasionally, saw we were losing. Got home to find it was 1-1 and I was able to listen to the second half. It was sounding good, could it be our day, can we score and take the lead for once, but we kept missing chances. Around about 70th minute, after some bewildering substitutions, it sounded as if the momentum had switched to Accrington and I just could not listen any more, because although I hoped we might still grab a winner, somehow I knew in my gut what was going to happen - and when I plucked up the courage to check the final score, my doubts were confirmed.
It's the constant dashing of hope and the inevitability of what happens that really gets to me at the moment. I still think that with a few additions and the right leadership and organisation there is a team there that can get out of this rut, but it's the hope that kills you.
Re: Accrington match thread
He missed with an unchallenged header in the last game v Cheltenham. Think it was 1-1 at the time. The strikers are not hitting the net often enough yet they get off lightly compared with our issues conceding. For me it’s a bigger problem.
I was following the game on Flash score and I just knew that without that second goal, it would come back and bite us. We are experts at it.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
AugustusCorpa
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1707
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Accrington match thread
It’s unbelievable how many late goals we concede.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests