Commercial

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
whitty1969
Platinum Member
Posts: 2937
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by whitty1969 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:39 pm

Beardy12 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:47 pm I have also heard alot about unpaid bills - players being turned away from clinics due to previous unpaid scans, caterers not being paid for thier work. Worrying if true.
Well done emma. I always found u to be very polite and good at your job. AC needs to go now
I said "previous regimes". When we had no money !!!!!!!!!!!

Cillablue
New Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:36 am
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by Cillablue » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:45 pm

whitty1969 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:39 pm
Beardy12 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:47 pm I have also heard alot about unpaid bills - players being turned away from clinics due to previous unpaid scans, caterers not being paid for thier work. Worrying if true.
Well done emma. I always found u to be very polite and good at your job. AC needs to go now
I said "previous regimes". When we had no money !!!!!!!!!!!
This is currently correct. Not dissimilar to the old regime.

Beardy12
New Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:03 pm
Location: Ulverston
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by Beardy12 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:46 pm

whitty1969 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:39 pm
Beardy12 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:47 pm I have also heard alot about unpaid bills - players being turned away from clinics due to previous unpaid scans, caterers not being paid for thier work. Worrying if true.
Well done emma. I always found u to be very polite and good at your job. AC needs to go now
I said "previous regimes". When we had no money !!!!!!!!!!!
Im talking about this regime.

whitty1969
Platinum Member
Posts: 2937
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by whitty1969 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:21 pm

Beardy12 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:46 pm
whitty1969 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:39 pm

I said "previous regimes". When we had no money !!!!!!!!!!!
Im talking about this regime.
Well. If that's true it's a disgrace. Some of our poorer players are on silly money...... rather redirect it to people we owe money to

Roger Charnley 1907
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 am
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by Roger Charnley 1907 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Holkerbird wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:00 pm
Roger Charnley 1907 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:11 pm

haha hope you are well JIm.
We have probably done you a favour. I sent a calendar to my sister in the US and it cost me £10-22p in postage. Ryan would have got your brother-in-law a flight over here for that, or less. :)
Holkerbird

Haha! Not wrong there Holkerbird!

Hope you have a great xmas!

barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by barrowfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:18 pm

Beardy12 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:47 pm I have also heard alot about unpaid bills - players being turned away from clinics due to previous unpaid scans, caterers not being paid for thier work. Worrying if true.
Well done emma. I always found u to be very polite and good at your job. AC needs to go now
Heard that’s why Nieskins left. They wouldn’t pay for his op.

yack
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by yack » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:30 pm

barrowfan wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:18 pm
Beardy12 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:47 pm I have also heard alot about unpaid bills - players being turned away from clinics due to previous unpaid scans, caterers not being paid for thier work. Worrying if true.
Well done emma. I always found u to be very polite and good at your job. AC needs to go now
Heard that’s why Nieskins left. They wouldn’t pay for his op.
IMO there's is only so far a club at our level can go in looking after a player. Paying the wages while injured and refering for scans/ ops /rehab should be as far as it goes. Players should at this level have their own PFA insurance so that they can get scans and ops carried out with minimal delay. Then can even go private if the insurance allows and get into Wrightington for example within a matter of days. Of course I don't know what the player policies are, but that's my take on it anyway.

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4100
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by Bingo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:34 pm

Lots of new members with lots of "facts" and inside knowledge of the workings of the club. Maybe people stating facts should say who they are especially if you're saying the club isn't paying their bills.

yack
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by yack » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:38 pm

Bingo wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:34 pm Lots of new members with lots of "facts" and inside knowledge of the workings of the club. Maybe people stating facts should say who they are especially if you're saying the club isn't paying their bills.
I never said anything about 'facts' I was merely responding to the Nieskins comment. Which I think was a little inappropriate but I guess it's a forum after all.

barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by barrowfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:43 pm

yack wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:38 pm
Bingo wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:34 pm Lots of new members with lots of "facts" and inside knowledge of the workings of the club. Maybe people stating facts should say who they are especially if you're saying the club isn't paying their bills.
I never said anything about 'facts' I was merely responding to the Nieskins comment. Which I think was a little inappropriate but I guess it's a forum after all.
IF it's true it is relevant and appropriate - if is NOT true it is inappropriate.

barrowfan
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7306
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by barrowfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:49 pm

Cillablue wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:10 am the leadership and strategic management should come from the M.D.: usually a person who leads from the front not someone who hides in his office all day playing games on his phone 😂 getting other members of staff to deal with complaints and customers when the going gets tough. I’ve seen that for myself.
Wonder if PC has a third member of the family who could come across the pond and do the job. Could be third time lucky! ;)

davewilko
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by davewilko » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:02 pm

Sounds like Emma was shit on from a great height. And she won't be the first. Too much smoke for their not to be a fire.

Working away now i don't get to a lot of games, so I don't post often but I'm really perturbed by some of the stuff I'm hearing.

Weird how some of our more vocal posters have become very sympathetic towards the hiaracy, amazing what being in the clique can do.

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Commercial

Post by Pedro » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:03 am

davewilko wrote: ↑Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:02 pm Sounds like Emma was shit on from a great height. And she won't be the first. Too much smoke for their not to be a fire.

Working away now i don't get to a lot of games, so I don't post often but I'm really perturbed by some of the stuff I'm hearing.

Weird how some of our more vocal posters have become very sympathetic towards the hiaracy, amazing what being in the clique can do.
I think you will find some people are only interested in the Football side .
Anything that happens to people is collateral damage Emma,CEO going,the dismantling of a successful team,sale of the best players.
As in Hamlet something is wrotten in the state of Denmark.

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by Wintergreen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:33 am

Wintergreen wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:31 pm
Jim wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:44 pm

You should have a word with your family. I have a collection of hats and scarves tracing Barrow AFC fashions through the ages. ;)
I am envious of your collection Jim, but such discussions vis-a-vis gifts are usually done surreptitiously and I can just imagine the conversations if it be known I would like something from the Barrow AFC shop. 'What shop?' 'Where is it?' 'We went and it was shut' etc. However, you are right I will put it out there in good faith and perhaps we all should do so.
Jim, season's greetings and a quick update. I am now the proud owner of an official navy blue Player Layer polo shirt; it has a nice badge on the front and Barrow AFC in 3-foot high letters on the back so that people know who to beat up at away matches. The relative who generously bought the item for me did indeed have to ask my good lady where the shop was but now the seeds have been sown for the future.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7261
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Commercial

Post by Jim » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:13 am

Wintergreen wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:33 am
Wintergreen wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:31 pm

I am envious of your collection Jim, but such discussions vis-a-vis gifts are usually done surreptitiously and I can just imagine the conversations if it be known I would like something from the Barrow AFC shop. 'What shop?' 'Where is it?' 'We went and it was shut' etc. However, you are right I will put it out there in good faith and perhaps we all should do so.
Jim, season's greetings and a quick update. I am now the proud owner of an official navy blue Player Layer polo shirt; it has a nice badge on the front and Barrow AFC in 3-foot high letters on the back so that people know who to beat up at away matches. The relative who generously bought the item for me did indeed have to ask my good lady where the shop was but now the seeds have been sown for the future.
Congratulations WG. Now they have found the path to the shop door, you can expect all manner of merchandise for birthday and Christmas. Possibly also a V*****n mask at halloween too.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Always Ultra, liam_b82 and 19 guests